Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:46:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Videos of WoodCollector Hand Carving: Care of MOB  (Read 21465 times)
WoodCollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:37:11 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 02:22:54 PM by WoodCollector

A few things i want to touch base on now that i have a spare moment.

I personally find it absolutely absurd that a I can wake up on a Monday morning set off to work to discover that someone is starting a witch hunt and not 12 hours later before I can reply with much of anything that this guy (Nubbins) can rally an entire MOB based solely on speculation, wild conspiracy theory, and get dozens of people behind his bogus accusations.

Let me tell you why this is absurd. I am a working professional. I run two art galleries. At any given moment i am working on 4-15 art pieces that are commissioned with deadlines.  These commissioned pieces are what pay the bills, feed my family, keep the lights on, and put my daughter through college. Beyond that, this is the season when i import all my wood to get me through the next year. That means on average i have from 1 to 5 trucks showing up a week, 1 or 2 shipments coming through customs i need to keep on top of, and also a dozen employees to keep track of. The asinine part is that just because some troll with a pitchfork wants to rally a mob, everyone thinks i am suppose to put my life on hold like nothing else matters except for setting up my own little video recording studio to make videos for them at the drop of a hat.

This is just the first of many videos to come, the rest will come as I have time over the coming days and weeks, and at my leisure not at the order of a raging mob. Things like this are the reason that actual skilled professionals avoid this place like the plague. In a very short time I have seen some very unique people show up here, and get harassed in the same way that this mob attacked me. It drives decent honest people contributing to the Bitcoin ecosystem right out, never to return. The result, is that all that is left over are trolls, scammers, and a bunch of wannabe digital bouncers with napoleon complexes and no self control.

You people have no right to destroy what you didn't build, and no right to deprive the Bitcoin community of genuine and unique people who have done nothing wrong except for catching the ire of a handful of bored, obsessive, degenerate children with no self control and massive inferiority complexes. This is why this forum will never be more than the lowest common denominator.

ROFLMFAO - The bullshit faggot dictators (A.K.A The Mods) banned this account. May you all rot in cryptocurrency hell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 05:43:49 AM

Watching the video now... I don't see any lazer engravers. Perhaps Wood collector did some advanced 3D video effects to digitally place his hands above the work surface to make it look like he actually carved it by hand? Maybe Sasquatch helped. I am interested to see what kind of straws Nubbins grasps for here after the video has been posted and clearly demonstrates he does his work by hand.  If you guys had half a brain you would be ashamed of yourselves right now.

BTW I have that slice of shit sandwich for everyone who joined in the mob attack. Don't worry there is enough for everybody.

ukcrypto

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:57:59 AM

I am also watching the video now and what is very clear, as I never doubted is that Woodcollector does his work by hand. The mob who said he had been using a laser should be ashamed.

I will be interested to see what new accusations Nubbins and co come up with after seeing Woodcollectors evidence.

Disclosure: I have been a customer of WC, he made me the Unity Piece and is currently working on a second coin. We are also discussing a 3rd piece for my wedding anniversary - I trust WC and his work and service has been outstanding thus far.
SodaWarz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:32:30 AM

I never doubted you for a second mate, awesome job, that was a great watch. Were you serious about doing an instructional video series for forum members if they were interested? If so sign me up, i had a ton of fun watching your stream and this video and think i would like to get into carving myself.

You defiantly have some serious apologies owed to you, will be interesting to see if they man up and give them to you.
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:46:10 AM

I never doubted you. I always had slight concerns over things, but never doubted you. Great job. Hope everyone removes their rep.
cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 06:55:36 AM

looks like it's going to take quite a while to download...

bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:22:03 AM

Currently buffering, hope this is glorious.

I'm not going to comment saying I never doubted you but I did go against the hive mind and remained open to either possibility Wink

This whole experience shows just where Blazedout419/WC's inspiration came from with the hive mind theme on the large B

{ BitSpill }
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:35:17 AM

To be honest, this only proves that you can do hand carving? It doesn't prove you actually did your pieces by hand instead of laser.

The font / details on this piece are huge, the laser accusations were regarding impossibly tiny, perfect serifs.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:38:53 AM

To be honest, this only proves that you can do hand carving? It doesn't prove you actually did your pieces by hand instead of laser.

The font / details on this piece are huge, the laser accusations were regarding impossibly tiny, perfect serifs.

Why is the design already etched into the wood at the start of the video? You just dremelled a bit of wood out from around your quarter-inch-thick lasered buffer lines.

Why am I even saying any of this? Amazing video, you've shown us all exactly the kind of work you do.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
ukcrypto

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:42:21 AM

What evidence is there that he used a laser? None as far as anyone can tell, everyone was jumping on the bandwagon following Nubbins saying that he was lasering and didn't have the skill to hand carve but this short video clearly proves otherwise. So after seeing WC evidence these people above should be changing their feedback, Nubbins in particular who uses the word, 'confirmed' when this couldn't be further from the truth.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:51:38 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 08:08:43 AM by smoothie

@WoodCollector,

I had hoped to see much more tiny detail that resembles your previously touted work that you sold to previous customers.

The level of detail on this does not even compare to any and all of the wood "coins" you've done.

Would have liked to have seen you hand carve in the small details that were the talk revolving around using a laser.

Are you going to do a much more fine detailed piece? Why do such a huge product when you could do a small (1/4th or 1/8th the size of the "finger") version that has intricate detail and shut us all up?

This isn't about you attacking or getting retribution on nubbins. Your focus is off and should be on proving all of your detractors wrong.

Let's assume WoodCollector that your skills are as you say, it does not remove the fact that I have found several places where you posted on this forum where you strongly imply that you create original/custom designs for your customers based on their input. But that has been proven to be a lie as you yourself say that you use clip art and pre done designs downloaded/copied off of the internet.

LazerViking sent you a $200 deposit on this premise that you set over the past several months on this forum.

This makes you a thief/liar in that respect. Why not just refund him his money if you supposedly make so much more money on your other client's products?

Seems contradicting to keep $200 and have people know you as a thief.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing a more intricate detailed piece that is hand carved via a video.

Let's be real you could have responded to your detractors in a much more professional manner and left the cussing and childish behavior aside. But you didn't and that does reflect badly on your image. Of course you supposedly do not care about your reputation or forum rep/trust...yet it is one of the main reasons you targeted nubbins in the first place (him leaving neg trust).

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:55:47 AM

What evidence is there that he used a laser? None as far as anyone can tell, everyone was jumping on the bandwagon following Nubbins saying that he was lasering and didn't have the skill to hand carve but this short video clearly proves otherwise. So after seeing WC evidence these people above should be changing their feedback, Nubbins in particular who uses the word, 'confirmed' when this couldn't be further from the truth.

Nubbins could mean that he is a scammer for keeping LazerViking's deposit money on the premise that he supposedly never implied or said he created original/custom artwork.

Also he is supposedly a liar because of that misrepresentation of doing original/custom work.

He has not disproved the claims about using a laser. The level of detail on this piece pale in comparison to that of his other wooden "coins".

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:56:17 AM

How did he start with those lines? And why are they brown? Looks burnt... Like a laser cutter...

How, indeed, did he start with those lines?

Why, indeed, are they brown?

What, pray tell, is everyone smoking?

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:59:09 AM

At the beginning of the video when he removes the paper version of the design the wood is already marked with the design.

Why not show us how this was done?

Was it a laser that did that stencil?

Sure looks like it. Honest question.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:59:51 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 08:10:10 AM by smoothie

How did he start with those lines? And why are they brown? Looks burnt... Like a laser cutter...

Yup why werent we shown how the "stencil" was put on the wood?

hmmm...  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:01:18 AM

Yup why werent we shown how the "stencil" was put on the wood?

hmmm...  Roll Eyes

He carved the stencil with his special tools that we're not allowed to see!

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:07:11 AM

A few things i want to touch base on now that i have a spare moment.

I personally find it absolutely absurd that a I can wake up on a Monday morning set off to work to discover that someone is starting a witch hunt and not 12 hours later before I can reply with much of anything that this guy (Nubbins) can rally an entire MOB based solely on speculation, wild conspiracy theory, and get dozens of people behind his bogus accusations.

Let me tell you why this is absurd. I am a working professional. I run two art galleries. At any given moment i am working on 4-15 art pieces that are commissioned with deadlines.  These commissioned pieces are what pay the bills, feed my family, keep the lights on, and put my daughter through college. Beyond that, this is the season when i import all my wood to get me through the next year. That means on average i have from 1 to 5 trucks showing up a week, 1 or 2 shipments coming through customs i need to keep on top of, and also a dozen employees to keep track of. The asinine part is that just because some troll with a pitchfork wants to rally a mob, everyone thinks i am suppose to put my life on hold like nothing else matters except for setting up my own little video recording studio to make videos for them at the drop of a hat.

This is just the first of many videos to come, the rest will come as I have time over the coming days and weeks, and at my leisure not at the order of a raging mob. Things like this are the reason that actual skilled professionals avoid this place like the plague. In a very short time I have seen some very unique people show up here, and get harassed in the same way that this mob attacked me. It drives decent honest people contributing to the Bitcoin ecosystem right out, never to return. The result, is that all that is left over are trolls, scammers, and a bunch of wannabe digital bouncers with napoleon complexes and no self control.

You people have no right to destroy what you didn't build, and no right to deprive the Bitcoin community of genuine and unique people who have done nothing wrong except for catching the ire of a handful of bored, obsessive, degenerate children with no self control and massive inferiority complexes. This is why this forum will never be more than the lowest common denominator.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bitspill
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:21:25 AM

At the beginning of the video when he removes the paper version of the design the wood is already marked with the design.

Why not show us how this was done?

Was it a laser that did that stencil?

Sure looks like it. Honest question.

I don't know how he got the stencil, but does that matter?

Who cares if he used a laser to apply the stencil? That is not the matter under question the matter is whether he carves or lasers the piece overall.

{ BitSpill }
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:30:29 AM

Who cares if he used a laser to apply the stencil? That is not the matter under question

But... that's precisely the matter under question.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932131.0

3: All this crap that i own a laser machine

100% false. As i have stated before i dont need to spend $80,000 to transfer a design to wood. A sheet of carbon transfer paper costs me about $0.05. Once the final design is approved it takes about 5 minutes for me to turn the scanned design into a line drawing, then it is nothing more than printing it out and tracing it with carbon paper onto the wood. Then all thats left is to remove the wood around the lines. If that makes me a fraud then about every artist in the world is a fraud even before the days of technology and carbon paper artists use to use pot ash to transfer their sketches to canvas before starting work on the final piece.

Long and the short of it, if you were working with pine or super soft wood, most any of you could be taught to do the same thing in less than a day. the skill comes in when working with hardwoods, hardwood grain tears easy, it will splinter in a heartbeat if you are not careful, and its a quick way to cut off a finger if you dont know what your doing. When you know what your doing, how hard to you think it really is to cut within the lines? i think they teach you that in grade school yeah?

To lay out a little common sense for you, IF I OWNED A LASER I COULD SHIT OUT 10 COINS IN AN AFTERNOON, collect $50,000 and still have time to go to Disneyland. Yet it takes sometimes an entire month to clear out the wood around the design. But the mob mentality does not use common sense or simple logic.

I didnt use a laser as accused

bitspill
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:35:39 AM

Who cares if he used a laser to apply the stencil? That is not the matter under question

But... that's precisely the matter under question.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932131.0

quotes by WC saying he doesn't have a laser

Ok, so he didn't use a laser, how about a stencil film?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv5XgfqIznw

Edit: this method specifically may be unlikely due to lack of a visible film but similar techniques exist that transfer the ink to the wood

{ BitSpill }
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: