Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:14:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Videos of WoodCollector Hand Carving: Care of MOB  (Read 21465 times)
fishb0ne

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:14:42 PM

You know, I really want to believe that the kind of people that would dump 14K on such pieces of wood, are those people that have amassed a large number of Bitcoins when they were like $16 a piece.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:13:50 PM

artisan silk screener

That's the second time someone's taken issue with my usage of that term Cheesy

7-color print with 3 metallics on black cotton paper:

Process video to be uploaded as soon as I get back from Vietnam, Illinois, and North Carolina.  Grin

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:19:24 PM

I hate it that the bitcoin community is taking this matter as more pressing than actual scammers and instead of trying to influence the world that bitcoin is a good economic resource.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:25:07 PM

someone asked for a 100 LTC design for a wooden bar or coin...

something I slapped together messing around...

I tried cutting out a circle/coin with the laser err I mean with my hand  Roll Eyes and I epically failed lol. Learned that wetting the wood does help from it leaving burn marks on the design, hence the up close image.  Tongue

Just having fun... Grin

Let me see if I have this right.

You engage in a mob attack against WC for potentially misrepresentating how he was making his pieces, it turns out that WC was a fraud and starts trolling the forum via shill accounts, You made a laser made coin in an attempt to troll WC, it actually turns out pretty good, people want to buy your work so you can actually sell laser made art at slightly less prices then what WC was selling for. Oh the irony.
WEBcreator

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:43:33 PM

I tried cutting out a circle/coin with the laser err I mean with my hand  Roll Eyes and I epically failed lol. Learned that wetting the wood does help from it leaving burn marks on the design, hence the up close image.  Tongue

Just having fun... Grin

You engage in a mob attack against WC for potentially misrepresentating how he was making his pieces, it turns out that WC was a fraud and starts trolling the forum via shill accounts, You made a laser made coin in an attempt to troll WC, it actually turns out pretty good, people want to buy your work so you can actually sell laser made art at slightly less prices then what WC was selling for. Oh the irony.

people love some drama in their life  Cheesy but i have to admit its pretty quite art but the wood is pretty much ugly, perhaps smoothie should get some exotic woods

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:44:33 PM

I hate it that the bitcoin community is taking this matter as more pressing than actual scammers and instead of trying to influence the world that bitcoin is a good economic resource.

I hate it that people think they know how I should spend my free time!

(twenty thousand dollars in 3 months isn't an actual scam?)

BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:47:13 PM

Just having fun... Grin

people love some drama in their life  Cheesy but i have to admit its pretty quite art but the wood is pretty much ugly, perhaps smoothie should get some exotic woods

It would look amazing on a piece of pink ivory...watermelon flavored
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 04:48:27 PM

This sums up my problem with this "community" very simply.  Thank you. They are here to entertain themselves while pretending to bust scammers, not actually bust scammers. It is much easier to pick random targets, harass them and those that support them, and ruin their reputation, rather than to hunt down the real thieves around here. This way you can use "scambusting" as a convenient cover for freely engaging in personal vendettas.
Professor Plums

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:58:42 PM

This sums up my problem with this "community" very simply.  Thank you. They are here to entertain themselves while pretending to bust scammers, not actually bust scammers. It is much easier to pick random targets, harass them and those that support them, and ruin their reputation, rather than to hunt down the real thieves around here. This way you can use "scambusting" as a convenient cover for freely engaging in personal vendettas.

This community busts scammers all the time. I think people should drop the issue now but I think the people who are accusing him of dishonesty did the right thing but went about it the wrong way and woodcollector only added fuel to the fire by his defensive and childish attitude. All these threads should just be locked in my opinion and people can move on.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:02:47 PM

Woodcollector can lock the thread anytime.

But he wants to continue the charade...apparently
he's going to be uploading more "proof".  Undecided

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 11:08:09 PM

This community busts scammers all the time. I think people should drop the issue now but I think the people who are accusing him of dishonesty did the right thing but went about it the wrong way and woodcollector only added fuel to the fire by his defensive and childish attitude. All these threads should just be locked in my opinion and people can move on.

First of all the entire community is not at fault. Originally there were only 1 or 2 users like Tomatocage and BadBear who did this and they at least had some standards and protocol. Then eventually everyone wanted to live their own little spinoff of COPS and now everyone is a suspect, creating a perfect environment to settle petty personal vendettas, or take advantage of this atmosphere to reduce competition.

There is a core group of people that take it upon themselves to be internet mall cops around here. Just because they catch scammers some times in their indiscriminate dragnet of shotgunning accusations at any little suspicion does not mean they aren't also harassing and accusing innocent users, and driving them not just away from this forum, but Bitcoin itself. The two are not exclusive, and a right doesn't magically undo a wrong.
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:08:58 AM

You know, I really want to believe that the kind of people that would dump 14K on such pieces of wood, are those people that have amassed a large number of Bitcoins when they were like $16 a piece.

My guess is that they run a major Bitcoin business, and it would seem weird to cash out 14k of digital money, with no records of obtaining it, since Bitcoin is anonymous. Also, there would be taxes. So instead, they just buy art or something else with their BTC.
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:10:24 AM

First of all the entire community is not at fault. Originally there were only 1 or 2 users like Tomatocage and BadBear who did this and they at least had some standards and protocol. Then eventually everyone wanted to live their own little spinoff of COPS and now everyone is a suspect, creating a perfect environment to settle petty personal vendettas, or take advantage of this atmosphere to reduce competition.

There is a core group of people that take it upon themselves to be internet mall cops around here. Just because they catch scammers some times in their indiscriminate dragnet of shotgunning accusations at any little suspicion does not mean they aren't also harassing and accusing innocent users, and driving them not just away from this forum, but Bitcoin itself. The two are not exclusive, and a right doesn't magically undo a wrong.

I tried to ask this in another thread......

TecShare..    Why do you NOT have woodcollector on your trust list   ?Huh??

and now Same question to Woodcollector.

Woodcollector..  Why do you NOT have Tecshare on your trust list   Huh

Do you not trust each other..HuhHuh
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:14:01 AM

Bitcoin is not a cult, just FYI ;-)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 05:39:21 AM

Bitcoin is not a cult, just FYI ;-)
Bitcoin also doesn't have its own marketing department either...
ukcrypto

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:12:05 AM

artisan silk screener

That's the second time someone's taken issue with my usage of that term Cheesy

7-color print with 3 metallics on black cotton paper:

Process video to be uploaded as soon as I get back from Vietnam, Illinois, and North Carolina.  Grin

Are you still that stupid that you think i am woodcollector? You should add Singapore to your list as I am in Singapore now, having just attended the Bitcoin conference. So WC is in Vietnam, Illinois, North Carolina and now Singapore.
cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 01:58:43 PM

Yawn - it's over guys

bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 02:05:51 PM

Yawn - it's over guys

Thank god.

{ BitSpill }
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 04:38:46 PM

Yawn - it's over guys

Not quite, but the mob loves that you think it is. More videos on the way. The trolls just smell their shit sandwich coming, so they remain silent. Once the videos are posted, THEN it will be over.
nubbins
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:50:32 PM

Are you still that stupid that you think i am woodcollector? You should add Singapore to your list as I am in Singapore now, having just attended the Bitcoin conference. So WC is in Vietnam, Illinois, North Carolina and now Singapore.

Actually just having a lel now. Keep your chewing gum in your suitcase!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: