Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD OverClock Auto-Start in Bamt  (Read 2141 times)
elrodvoss (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 02:49:57 AM

I'm working on my second rig, and I am going through a lot more detailed then the first one. 

I realized that the AMD Overclocker that is used to overclock the cards has a "auto-start" option when you click on it when its on the loader bar, but when I go to engage it, it give me a error saying that a file/directory is not found.  It is looking for amdoverdrivectrl.desktop, i just don't remember what directory it is look for it.  I believe I have it set up that the default setting is overclocked, just need the program to start up at boot.

I would like to get this set up as 100% headless.  My first rig has a monitor hooked up in case I lose power and have to restart it and set the overclock.

Any help in getting this to auto-start at power-up would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance as always.

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 03:50:50 AM

Have you considered just BIOS flashing the cards?

elrodvoss (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 04:54:59 PM

Have you considered just BIOS flashing the cards?

Never considered it, but these are asustek 5850s, so they don't have the bios switch.  I'm little shy of flashing the BIOS and bricking them.

I though that having amd overdrive auto-start would be simplist answer.  Computer boots, loads amd overdrive, overclock set, rig starts mineing.

Is there something I'm not seeing?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: