Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] [[LTC-MINING]] - GLBSE LIST RECEIVED - BTC-TC TRANSITION COMPLETE  (Read 65613 times)
warmach

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 12:44:17 PM

Absolutely great job!

Now I know I can't change my username but if I changed the e-mail attached to that account and then register new account with proper username to that old e-mail and transfer all the shares would that work?

Yup.  I had already registered before the list came for Nefario.  I just logged into the account created by burnside and then did a transfer of funds and shares.  Extremely simple. 

Props to burnside for being a responsible operator and for the site's ease of use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 11:17:41 PM

Absolutely great job!

Now I know I can't change my username but if I changed the e-mail attached to that account and then register new account with proper username to that old e-mail and transfer all the shares would that work?

Yes, you can create a new account and transfer.  The emails do not need to match for a transfer.

Cheers.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 11:21:25 PM

Quick public service announcement.

I've had a couple of people PM that didn't get their emails and later found them in their spam folder.  Smiley  Gmail in particular didn't seem to like something about them.

Cheers.

burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 02:40:34 AM

Nefario sent me an updated list today.  Users on the list have been sent emails exactly like the previous list and I have transferred the dividend proceeds to the new accounts.

Cheers.

camolist

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 04:22:37 AM

just wanted to confirm that all does indeed seem well

email did end up in spam but found it thanks to your post here

burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 09:38:07 AM

Hi all,

Get yourself some more LTC-MINING via the new Dividend ReInvestment Program!  (DRIP)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=125629.msg1399240#msg1399240

Cheers.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2012, 08:44:14 AM

Got the final list from GLBSE, all of the new share holders on it have been imported and the BTC from the holding account has been distributed.

If you were expecting an email and have not received it, please check your spam folder.

Cheers.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 05:06:01 AM

This is a repost from LTC-MINING.LTC, but this person voted anon and I want to make sure I reach them.

I'm not sure who it was, but to the voter that voted ABSTAIN on LTC-MINING, I commend you.  I'm really glad we have voters like you watching the assets and keeping the issuers on their toes.

You are absolutely right to request that I fill out the rest of the info on there, and I will do so as soon as I reasonably can.

Cheers.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 05:28:31 AM

This is a repost from LTC-MINING.LTC, but this person voted anon and I want to make sure I reach them.

I'm not sure who it was, but to the voter that voted ABSTAIN on LTC-MINING, I commend you.  I'm really glad we have voters like you watching the assets and keeping the issuers on their toes.

You are absolutely right to request that I fill out the rest of the info on there, and I will do so as soon as I reasonably can.

Cheers.

Quick update.  I have posted the rest of the prospectus.  It's somewhat brief, given the simplicity of the asset, but I'm happy to expand on it if needed.  Please let me know if there are any questions, etc.

Cheers.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 10:07:39 AM

I went back through all of the dividends that had been issued on GLBSE and plugged them into the database on BTC-TC.  So now you can see the entire history of the asset's dividends there.  I thought some might find it interesting.

Also - I'm willing to do this for any of the other GLBSE refugees on btct.co.  If interested I just need a CSV of all your GLBSE divs (date, total paid, shares outstanding at the time) and I can import it into the db.

Cheers.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 12:02:30 AM

I just sent out an email to the 6 remaining holders of LTC-MINING that have not yet claimed their bonds:

Hi there, I noticed that you hadn't claimed your LTC-MINING shares on
https://btct.co/ that you held on GLBSE.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist.

Cheers.

If you think you had bonds, but did not receive an email, please let me know and I'll cross-reference you with the list GLBSE gave us.

I will leave unclaimed bonds in their holding accounts until June 1st.  At that time they'll be shifted back into the issuer account and the coins will be reclaimed and re-distributed to the current bond holders.

Cheers.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 05:10:54 PM

I just sent out an email to the 6 remaining holders of LTC-MINING that have not yet claimed their bonds:

Hi there, I noticed that you hadn't claimed your LTC-MINING shares on
https://btct.co/ that you held on GLBSE.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist.

Cheers.

If you think you had bonds, but did not receive an email, please let me know and I'll cross-reference you with the list GLBSE gave us.

I will leave unclaimed bonds in their holding accounts until June 1st.  At that time they'll be shifted back into the issuer account and the coins will be reclaimed and re-distributed to the current bond holders.

Cheers.

I have some great news.  All but a couple of the bonds were claimed!  I'm really glad we were able to reconnect nearly everyone after the GLBSE shutdown.

Next steps for this bond... It's been nearly a year now that I've been operating it.  I've learned a lot, and had a great time running it for everyone.  My goal has been to repay the principal and then some within the first year, giving every initial purchase a profit.  Despite this goal, after almost a year of operation only 0.181 BTC of the initial 0.43 BTC price has been repaid on a per-bond basis.  Even more upsetting is that in the nearly year of operation, that gap of 0.24 BTC is worth nearly 10x what it used to be in most fiat currency conversions.

Bottom line, this issue has lost bondholders money, and with the way difficulty has been going up, it is not showing much promise in terms of paying it back anytime soon.

BTC-TC had a great month this May, and I have benefited greatly from that.  So what I've done is I've posted a large bid using the following math:  Taking the IPO price of 0.43, I multiplied it by 1.1, then subtracted the dividend payments to date of 0.181, leaving 0.292 BTC as the number at which I can buy back the bonds, and still give IPO buyers a roughly 10% return.

I know this doesn't seem like much, but per the contract I could in theory just let it languish until the price tanked, then buy back at 110% of that.  So this is my effort to make bondholders whole, in a fair manner and at my expense.

No one has to take this offer, but it's there on the books.  Do your own math and decide on your own what you'd like to do.  I can't commit to leaving the bid there indefinitely, but I'll continue to operate the bond unless/until something else changes.

Cheers.
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:58:38 AM

Next steps for this bond... It's been nearly a year now that I've been operating it.  I've learned a lot, and had a great time running it for everyone.  My goal has been to repay the principal and then some within the first year, giving every initial purchase a profit.  Despite this goal, after almost a year of operation only 0.181 BTC of the initial 0.43 BTC price has been repaid on a per-bond basis.  Even more upsetting is that in the nearly year of operation, that gap of 0.24 BTC is worth nearly 10x what it used to be in most fiat currency conversions.

Bottom line, this issue has lost bondholders money, and with the way difficulty has been going up, it is not showing much promise in terms of paying it back anytime soon.

You shouldn't feel bad about it.

Fixed-hashrate mining bonds are effectively a bet that exchange rate of a cryptocurrency won't go up. The reason is simple: if exchange rate goes up, total hashrate goes up and bond's dividend payouts go down. (Or, from a different perspective, higher exchange rate allows others to sell same hashrate at cheaper price.)

So it can be used to hedge one's position. If you own both cryptocurrency and mining bonds on it, you profit either way: if cryptocurrency price explodes, you profit from it while mining bonds sink; if cryptocurrency stagnates, you keep collecting dividend.

So, well, Bitcoin price shoot up ~20x, Litecoin price shoot up ~75x against fiat. So it is normal that bonds became worthless as people profited.

Of course, some people did not understand that it is a hedge... But, well, how hard is it to understand that hashrate increases?

Chromia: a better dapp platform
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 07:14:46 AM

You shouldn't feel bad about it.

Fixed-hashrate mining bonds are effectively a bet that exchange rate of a cryptocurrency won't go up. The reason is simple: if exchange rate goes up, total hashrate goes up and bond's dividend payouts go down. (Or, from a different perspective, higher exchange rate allows others to sell same hashrate at cheaper price.)

So it can be used to hedge one's position. If you own both cryptocurrency and mining bonds on it, you profit either way: if cryptocurrency price explodes, you profit from it while mining bonds sink; if cryptocurrency stagnates, you keep collecting dividend.

So, well, Bitcoin price shoot up ~20x, Litecoin price shoot up ~75x against fiat. So it is normal that bonds became worthless as people profited.

Of course, some people did not understand that it is a hedge... But, well, how hard is it to understand that hashrate increases?

Thank you, I definitely appreciate that.  I guess I look at it as a loan I took out to get a mining op started, and I'm the kind of person that doesn't feel quite right if I don't pay back a loan.

I know there are a lot of people that have traded it since the IPO, and I can't do much about whatever price they might have bought in at, but I also know that there are several bond holders that have held hundreds of bonds since the IPO (keeping in mind I have the asset holder list) and I feel an obligation to those people to pay this loan back.

Cheers.
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:06:27 AM

Hi Burnside, that is good offer and I have enjoyed the dividends and well run bond for the past year.  Thank you for your efforts.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
kmtan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 01:08:01 AM

@burnside, i am interesting to litecoin, any planning from you about your company? would you please let know the coming?

burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 01:12:23 AM

@burnside, i am interesting to litecoin, any planning from you about your company? would you please let know the coming?

Hey there, hate to say it but I'm winding these down.  I just closed the LTC-GLOBAL issue last week.  I just haven't been able to grow them like I would have liked, and running the exchanges has taken up most of my time.

There are definitely other mining bonds and mining companies out there that are getting into Litecoin.

Cheers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: