Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:07:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool  (Read 118815 times)
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 08:50:04 PM

New feature... Timezone support.  ;-)  Set your timezone in your account settings.

Cool, thanks for that, my head only seems to work in NZST or UTC (GMT).  I am getting old Wink

No worries, glad I could assist.  One side note... you may see some changes immediately, and others will take a few minutes to fall out of the cache.

Anywhere you find it not working after ~15 minutes, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 09:28:54 AM

This came in via PM today:  (hope the author doesn't mind my posting this... doesn't seem sensitive at all)

Hey, burnside!

I've been mining at your pool and I wanted to make two suggestions.

Maybe you could add a record of how many shares and ltc earned on each block on the block stats page.

Second, a stat showing how many blocks you've found total. Maybe put a top block finders list on the pool stats page even? Hey that's 3 suggestions!

If I think of some more I'll send them your way!

Thanks for the pool btw, I like it. I don't know why but I seem to have problems with some of the other ones but yours works well for me.

Shares and ltc earned on the block page is now working.  I noticed in the process of doing this that the estimate that shows up in the header/title bar is calculated using proportional per round equations, not pplns 500,000.  I'm going to have to fix that sooner or later.  Simplecoin is definitely buggy out of the box.   Undecided

Blocks found total on the pool stats page is also now working.  Wink

Great suggestions, thanks!
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 02:18:15 PM

What mods did you make to pushpoold?

Is there a git repo I could pull them from? I run a private pool and would love to lower the stales Smiley

I'm hoping you just missed this. The irony of using an open source pool daemon, open source web front end for an open source crypto currency but keeping your modifications private would be too thick. Wink
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 05:59:32 PM

Is there a git repo I could pull them from? I run a private pool and would love to lower the stales Smiley

I'm hoping you just missed this. The irony of using an open source pool daemon, open source web front end for an open source crypto currency but keeping your modifications private would be too thick. Wink

haha, yes, that would be quite ironic!

And I apologize, the patch is actually to litecoind, I believe it's available elsewhere here on the forum, but here's a patchfile for the latest version from coblee:

Code:
--- tmp/litecoin/src/main.cpp   2012-07-26 13:01:04.274639989 -0700
+++ litecoin/src/main.cpp       2012-07-26 12:55:31.393388988 -0700
@@ -8,6 +8,7 @@
 #include "db.h"
 #include "net.h"
 #include "init.h"
+#include "signal.h"
 #include "ui_interface.h"
 #include <boost/algorithm/string/replace.hpp>
 #include <boost/filesystem.hpp>
@@ -1544,6 +1545,7 @@
 bool CBlock::SetBestChain(CTxDB& txdb, CBlockIndex* pindexNew)
 {
     uint256 hash = GetHash();
+       bool lp = false;

if (!txdb.TxnBegin())
         return error("SetBestChain() : TxnBegin failed");
@@ -1610,6 +1612,7 @@
     bool fIsInitialDownload = IsInitialBlockDownload();
     if (!fIsInitialDownload)
     {
+               lp = true;
         const CBlockLocator locator(pindexNew);
         ::SetBestChain(locator);
     }
@@ -1623,6 +1626,25 @@
     nTransactionsUpdated++;
     printf("SetBestChain: new best=%s  height=%d  work=%s\n", hashBestChain.ToString().substr(0,20).c_str(), nBestHeight, bnBestChainWork.ToString().c_str());

+    if (lp)
+    {
+        // Support long polling
+        string lp_pid = mapArgs["-pollpidfile"];
+        if(lp_pid != "")
+        {
+            FILE *pidFile = fopen(lp_pid.c_str(), "r");
+            if(pidFile!=NULL)
+            {
+                int pid=0;
+                if ((fscanf(pidFile, "%d", &pid) == 1) && (pid > 1))
+                               {
+                    kill((pid_t) pid, SIGUSR1);
+                               }
+                fclose(pidFile);
+            }
+        }
+    }
+
     std::string strCmd = GetArg("-blocknotify", "");

if (!fIsInitialDownload && !strCmd.empty())

The +signal.h is my add, to get it to compile on my box.

Updated my original post.

Cheers.
NRF

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 02:00:00 AM

haha, yes, that would be quite ironic!

Ironic perhaps, but totally allowable.

I know it is a side topic, but the GPL does not require you to release modifications that you make, even if you use it commercially.  As long as if you sell the modified code you include the source you are good, and even then, the party that you sell it to is not obliged to release it.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 07:23:27 AM

Ironic perhaps, but totally allowable.

I know it is a side topic, but the GPL does not require you to release modifications that you make, even if you use it commercially.  As long as if you sell the modified code you include the source you are good, and even then, the party that you sell it to is not obliged to release it.

Yup, definitely allowable and legal, however, to not share is not so much in the spirit of community and collaboration.

Still, I won't likely be giving up the source to the site quite so easily. Simplecoin v5 is riddled with issues and add to that the bitcoin=>litecoin conversion... it's definitely a lot of work getting it functional.  I have a ton of respect for pooler and the ozcoin guys, they have some really nice polished pools.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 04:38:33 AM

Added time to retarget (time until next difficulty change) to the stats page.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 05:11:34 PM

You may have noticed some strangeness in the block payouts the last couple days.

Two days ago I noticed the pool wallet had lost 50 LTC, and discovered another simplecoin bug where it was paying for orphans.  (not a good thing for a PPLNS zero fee pool!)  I tried to fix it and ended up instead breaking things worse.  It started paying out all blocks found instantly.  Sad  So it was doing that most of the day yesterday, not a huge deal.

Tried to fix it last night though, and broke it in the opposite direction.  I did an SQL query with txid = '' that should have been txid IS NULL.  So for the last 8 hours or so it wasn't paying out at all.   Angry

This morning I fixed that.  The first cron run after I fixed it paid out all the blocks properly and things are good so far.  Cheesy  I think we should be stable from here on out.

Cheers.
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 12:54:23 AM

How does one change their pin?
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 01:13:16 AM

Can't right now... lemme look into it.  Might not be all that hard to add to simplecoin.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 08:09:25 AM

Ok, you should be able to change your pin now from the account details page, just below the password change section.

Cheers.
muqali

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 08:37:26 AM

You may have noticed some strangeness in the block payouts the last couple days.

Two days ago I noticed the pool wallet had lost 50 LTC, and discovered another simplecoin bug where it was paying for orphans.  (not a good thing for a PPLNS zero fee pool!)  I tried to fix it and ended up instead breaking things worse.  It started paying out all blocks found instantly.  Sad  So it was doing that most of the day yesterday, not a huge deal.

Tried to fix it last night though, and broke it in the opposite direction.  I did an SQL query with txid = '' that should have been txid IS NULL.  So for the last 8 hours or so it wasn't paying out at all.   Angry

This morning I fixed that.  The first cron run after I fixed it paid out all the blocks properly and things are good so far.  Cheesy  I think we should be stable from here on out.

Cheers.

I wondered what was going on, saw a bunch of stuff all go completed at once. Was that part of what was going on?

donations BTC: 1CaCwo4xneTqTLEdomW76Cg5NteZyvXi1c
donations LTC: LTcasvjtLuN92ks1Pc1qtkvE9PswsXEbev
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:15:07 PM

Cheers.

I wondered what was going on, saw a bunch of stuff all go completed at once. Was that part of what was going on?

Yeah, that was the part where it was paying all blocks found instantly.  heh.  That wasn't a huge issue because we didn't get any orphans during that time. 

Simplecoin has a few fundamental logic flaws in how it was connecting up generate and immature blocks with the database of winning shares.  To assign a transaction id to a winning share block it was looping through the transaction log oldest to newest and connecting up to the newest winning share from the database.  It also didn't have any checking to see if a winning share already had a transaction id before overwriting it.  What this meant was that if there was more than one generate block in the time between cron runs, it would assign the wrong transaction ids to the wrong winning share blocks.  Since it tracks the confirms by transaction id, this was resulting in orphan blocks getting paid out occasionally, confirm counts being wrong, etc.

I fixed it by reversing the iteration on the transaction log to loop newest to oldest, and inserted checking for if a winning share block already had a transaction id assigned.  Cleaned it up nicely.  Wink

This particular bug doesn't surprise me much.  It's only an issue when you're solving blocks rapidly.  Not really something that you have to deal with in BTC very often.

Hope that all makes sense!

Cheers.
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 07:00:41 PM

Ok, you should be able to change your pin now from the account details page, just below the password change section.

Cheers.
That is good but I should have been more clear. I do not know my pin so cannot withdraw. PMing you now.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 07:15:19 PM

Cheers.
That is good but I should have been more clear. I do not know my pin so cannot withdraw. PMing you now.

Ahhh!  haha.  yes, for those issues just PM me.  We'll figure something out.
muqali

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 06:59:47 PM

Glad to see the pool chugging along nicely. Keep up the good work and let's get some blocks!

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 05:04:45 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2012, 05:19:30 AM by rocks

I tried this pool for the first time with both Reaper and cgminer, neither could connect to server ltc.kattare.com

Anyone else run into this recently? Is the server up? Or do I just have no idea what I'm doing.

The exact same cgminer works fine with my 5870s on deepbit for BTC, so not sure what is going on.
burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 05:52:06 AM

I tried this pool for the first time with both Reaper and cgminer, neither could connect to server ltc.kattare.com

Anyone else run into this recently? Is the server up? Or do I just have no idea what I'm doing.

The exact same cgminer works fine with my 5870s on deepbit for BTC, so not sure what is going on.

Things seem to be chugging along smoothly.  Did you make the necessary config changes to use scrypt instead of sha256?

I have example reaper configs posted on the getting started page.  Just make sure you're on the 13 beta.

Cheers.
muqali

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:46:53 AM

Things seem to be chugging along smoothly.  Did you make the necessary config changes to use scrypt instead of sha256?

I have example reaper configs posted on the getting started page.  Just make sure you're on the 13 beta.

Cheers.

On what 13 beta?

burnside (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 03:55:48 PM

On what 13 beta?

From my getting started page: "Track down and install reaper version 13b4 or higher.  (Wiki http://wiki.solidcoin.info/wiki/Reaper)"

Soon as I make the transition to cgminer myself, I'll add it to the getting started page.  Smiley

Cheers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: