Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:47:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool  (Read 118815 times)
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 03:58:12 AM

site down?

Should be back now.  Wink

Cheers.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nybbler905

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:54:48 PM

Aaand.... kinda back.... hotmail seems to be delaying mails for recovering accounts..

My mining rig is down for parts/upgrades, gives me time to look in to PCIx16 v 2.0+ boards while waiting on a power supply that isn't blown due to cobwebs shorting everything that deals with 12v ( tester shows -5v, +3.3 +5.0 no -12v or +12v and a burn mark through the board! )

I'm willing to accept pity donations Smiley

Always looking for donations even as low as 1uBTC
14XfpYPdtYiGoEiDcKrSzuvBM3ukhwANUh - BTC
LS7FEfu9ajp3NQcDjui9TSKscwQesj9i8k - LTC
LHe9g5ixMyfdtqAEHU5vErG1eQrDshBFRW -Luckycoin
nybbler905

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:45:11 PM

Ok, got a ' temporary' PC up and running with 2x Nvid 8600 GT cards and have an ATI HD 4850
Question: how the .... do I get OpenCL  1.0 ( YES ONE POINT ZERO ) in Ubuntu 13.04??

I've had to re-re-reinstall a few times and either the card ins't recognised as OpenCL or OpenCL 1.1 gets loaded and it's not going to work.

AMD SDK 5.0 for CGMiner loads 1.1 and the files from it are ' needed ' for GPU monitoring.

Prerequisit for answers: NO - costs to much in power - not worth it due to low hash rate - etc.

ANY hash rate ( and I have a SOLAR/WIND system I'm trying to stress test anyway ) is more than NO hash/day.
As is, my current hash rate ( with the 8600 GT cards) is maxing at 20khash/sec and getting the 2nd pc up with the ATI would more than doubble it while waiting on a PCIx16 v 2.0 mobo that can at least test the HD 5850 cards I have on hand.

Sorry if this sounds rude, after 5 days of messing with drivers, hunting down SDKs, having half a desktop ( if it even partly loads ) and BACK TO A FRELLING DOS type screen you would seem snarky too.

nybbler905

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:12:06 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 09:00:24 PM by nybbler905

no answer, did get http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Raring_Installation_Guide to get cgminer working, gona test it overnight before rebooting and doing luckycoin for now.. if it's stable, I'll be back in litecoinminig in the morning...

wish me luck...

8.8-9.6 KH/sec scrypt mining for the record!

[EDITED TO ADD]
after a ton of tweaking and getting unity-reset actually installed... 60-90KHash/sec scrypt mining and overheating....
I need a newer system!!

bones

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 11:34:46 AM

Hi all, 
bit of a noob looking for some help
ive been mining on your pool for a while now as ukminer, getting some crazy stales, like 10  to 15%
im using reaper, so im guesing its the long polling causing issues, never had any joy with cgminer
ive noticed share submits taking anywhere from 10 to 60 seconds on occasion, and the stales jump up after that
anyone got any ideas on how i can fix this pls?
same prob with my btc mining, the erupters slow down then power back up
really need to sort this before my singles arrive, if they ever arrive...

thanks in advance

also a heads up to Burnside, noticed a slight error on the help page i think, at least it broke my mining ability...
with reaper instructions say

host ltc.kattare.comport 9332

wouldnt work for me, i had been using

host ltc.kattare.com
port 9332

put it back how it was and reaper ran again
nybbler905

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:58:14 PM

Hi all, 
bit of a noob looking for some help
ive been mining on your pool for a while now as ukminer, getting some crazy stales, like 10  to 15%
im using reaper, so im guesing its the long polling causing issues, never had any joy with cgminer
ive noticed share submits taking anywhere from 10 to 60 seconds on occasion, and the stales jump up after that
anyone got any ideas on how i can fix this pls?
same prob with my btc mining, the erupters slow down then power back up
really need to sort this before my singles arrive, if they ever arrive...

thanks in advance

also a heads up to Burnside, noticed a slight error on the help page i think, at least it broke my mining ability...

host ltc.kattare.com
port 9332

Ok, some reqire host:port as in tcp://ltc-stratum.kattare.com:3333 ( the stratum connection ) and some times ( me and Reaper don't get along so.. ) I have used Slush's Stratum Proxy ( set for script proxy ) and set to local host 127.0.0.1:8332 ( local host, port 8332, could have the wrong listen port for the proxy as I am currently doing CGMiner with a HD4850 and not going to touch anything in case it stops working! )

As to the stales, I get under 10% and most are within one minute of  " Longpole detected new block " messages.  No worries on them, they happen even to those with decent or better hash rates.  If it shows hardware errors or higher than 10% stales/invalid, then start with lowering intensity and/or rebooting to see if there is some weird ram error that could cause it.  With you stating 15%+ check your hash rate, that IS a factor.  I have a system that has 2x Nvidia 8600GT and a single 8400GTS card and sure, it gets around 25 KHash/sec ( scritp mining ) and the total stales do get up to 18% due to one of them finaly finding a share JUST after the longpole detected message.

It is also a good idea to MONTHLY shut it all down and blow the dust bunnies out of the GPUs and check your system fans in case one is dying.  I've had to replace my North Bridge fan recently since it went down to a speed where I could SEE it spin ( instead of too fast to see the blades ).  Heat on the North Bridge can cause issues too.

Hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction.  Keep mining!!  Cool

bones

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 03:18:41 AM

thanks for the advice, ill try the stratum proxy to see if it helps
i often do have under 10% stales, it just shoots up when the share submit takes too long, then works back down to a reasonable level

im running 3 x  7970 in an open rig on risers as the pc overheated with 2 in and the case shut, hash rate is apx 500kh per card
i think many problems were down to the rubbish gpu computer planet insist on using in their systems...
xfx edition, ive read many people dislike them, only been running since march and both the originals have already been rma due to fans not working,
one of them has had problems the silver disc  flying of the fan and getting lodged so the fan wouldnt turn ( discovered that yesterday )

thanks again for your time,  be lucky   Wink
burnside (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2013, 04:11:38 AM

host ltc.kattare.com
port 9332

What browser are you using?  That's all in a pre /pre html tag, it shouldn't run together like that.

Also, I highly recommend stratum.  Where I can I've switched over to cgminer w/ stratum.

Cheers.
AlvaroB

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 12:39:17 AM

Doesn't work with any litecoin miner for android now, but 5 months ago, it did. What have changed?
bones

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 01:48:39 AM

What browser are you using?  That's all in a pre /pre html tag, it shouldn't run together like that.

Also, I highly recommend stratum.  Where I can I've switched over to cgminer w/ stratum.

Cheers.

[/quote]

Hi Burnside,

im using firefox browser,  ill give cgminer a shot, i never had any joy with it but i recently mastered bat files so maybe i can get it to run now, ill try

bones

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:06:26 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 07:50:07 AM by bones

frick, sorry guys , not sure what happened with my miner, so ashamed of all the stales    Undecided

went to work, nothing different from normal, usually around 10 to 15% stales

got back and a whole screen of messages saying share submit took 10 to 30 secs...

moving pc to direct internet connection  ( no wifi this time ) and ill get cgminer running today hopefully before i need to get to bed

weird that this even happened, been mining ltc since feb / march and this nvr happened before

massive sorry to u all                  ( hangs head in shame and goes to hide )

wifi was the guilty party, currently running @ 2.5% stales and dropping by the second....

nybbler905

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:02:40 PM

on a personal note...
I just PREFER wired connection due to the bandwith that is possible on hard line connections.  That is weird with Stratum and a wireless, there may be an issue with your router.  I highly recommend searcing OpenWRT to see if what you have is on the supported list, the ones NOT on the list I have had issues with ( including sudden and mysterious self bricking ) so it's worth a check for that and if you can put in OpenWRT as it does make a difference between security and mining.

On the bright side, you found and eliminated the stale issue.  Undecided

#Darren

Activity: 784

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:45:25 AM

WTF is going on  Huh Huh Huh

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████   ███████████████████
█████████████████        ███████████████
█████████████████          █████████████
█████████████████            ████████████
█████████████████             ███████████
█████████████████              ██████████
█████████████████            ███████████
█████████████████      ███████████████
█████████████████ ████████████████████
██████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
DIA | OPEN ACCESS FINANCIAL DATA
#Darren

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:23:01 AM

frick, sorry guys , not sure what happened with my miner, so ashamed of all the stales    Undecided

went to work, nothing different from normal, usually around 10 to 15% stales

got back and a whole screen of messages saying share submit took 10 to 30 secs...

moving pc to direct internet connection  ( no wifi this time ) and ill get cgminer running today hopefully before i need to get to bed

weird that this even happened, been mining ltc since feb / march and this nvr happened before

massive sorry to u all                  ( hangs head in shame and goes to hide )

wifi was the guilty party, currently running @ 2.5% stales and dropping by the second....

It happened to me too.  Nothing changed with my setup either...  Huh

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
bones

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:58:53 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2013, 12:10:27 PM by bones

ok well i moved pc yesterday to wifi free, didnt get time to try cgminer and all looked ok

got up and had same prob so stopped ltc mining for the night to not stress the pool

got cgminer running today so fingers crossed all ok now

are u using reaper also? and if so are u using stratum?

( ive been up and running 10 mins now, not long but 0.2% stales, amazing, and i havent even tweaked the miner for optimal hashing but its roughly the same )
#Darren

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:54:02 PM

ok well i moved pc yesterday to wifi free, didnt get time to try cgminer and all looked ok

got up and had same prob so stopped ltc mining for the night to not stress the pool

got cgminer running today so fingers crossed all ok now

are u using reaper also? and if so are u using stratum?

( ive been up and running 10 mins now, not long but 0.2% stales, amazing, and i havent even tweaked the miner for optimal hashing but its roughly the same )

I am using cgminer and stratum.

████████████████
   ████████████████████████
     █████████████████
          ████
bones

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:48:11 PM

urhg, i was hoping cgminer would be the end of this for me...
i still hope, but with what your saying maybe not...

wish i could help, maybe someone with a bit more knowledge will spot this and be able to offer more assistance

i did notice the server load is mid not low as normal, poss something to do with it?
nybbler905

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:50:52 PM

Quite possible.  One of the reasons I do Stratum or Stratum Proxy is to lower/eliminate stales as the server ' decides ' who gets a block of date to work on and not just keep dropping the same work to whatever asks for it.  That is the theory at lest.  In reality, if you are say hashing at ( the following is just example numbers blown out of proportion to drive home a point ) say... 85kHash/sec scrypt ( as oposed to the much faster Sha2586d ) and another miner gets the same block to work on with their 15 mining rigs doing a total hash rate of 500kHash/sec there is a big chance due to the multiple miners splitting up the work load that one of them will submit prior to you for the same work load.

The reality is that Stratum does lower stales over all the pool, not the individuals.  In order to lower at an individual's side stale submission, either increase the number of units mining ( CPU, GPU, FPGA, ASIC, PI mining hybrid cluster, whatever it takes ) to increase the total hash power on your side of a stratum proxy so as to ' start hashing ' higher up within the block in order to find the shares.

For those that still believe CPU mining can't be profitable, they are forgetting SHEAR CPU MASS POWER of say.... The Cray III and how many individual CPUs were in one.  Also the following link....

http://blog.afkham.org/2013/01/raspberry-pi-control-center.html
and for those that won't click a link unless it involves LEGO  Cool
http://www.zdnet.com/raspberry-pi-meets-lego-in-supercomputer-like-cluster-photos-7000004209/

It won't stop the individual hash rate at such abysmal levels, it will make a force not to be messed with.   Where I live, I have friends at the local recycle station that will ( on really rare occasions ) let me take home what's left of ' dead ' computers.  I already have a few ' spare ' routers, just not enough solar/wind power to get them all going ( and really stressing out the inverter as is  Roll Eyes )

So, from my little rant to a possible solution for you, get your paws on a second ANYTHING that can do wired ethernet and have it ' talk ' to a stratum proxy on your first one and see if the stales start dropping.  When I say anything, I do mean anything as in a newer phone, TI Beagle Board, MP4 player that has been hacked to do CPU-ARM mining.  Anything to start splitting up the work load a little.  This is mining and as we all should know by now, every hash counts.

Good luck.

bones

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:18:21 AM

fortunately my problems seem to be ok now (touch wood)
running at .2% stales, far better than with reaper, well worth the small headache i got sussing it out    Grin

love the lego super computer
buffalo

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:42:14 AM

The automatic payment of 5 litecoins I set up on burnsides pool has stopped working.So I increased it to 8 and now I see my balance on burnside is 8.8  What could be stopping the automatic payment from working ??
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: