Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:26:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is "Variety Jones"?  (Read 47163 times)
Skunk Fu

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:20:02 PM

Wasn't it Curtis Green that they said stole thousands of Bitcoins?

Yeah, but he didn't. It was agent Bridges as far as I understand it.

I know.
That's why I said "they said", not they proved  Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:40:23 PM

AGD, your spot on.. Nob, Carl bridges, just wanted to know what to do. it was all Ross' or VJ and inigo to murder him. at first, DPR just wanted the money back, then nob said his guys werent technical, (looking at it now, Carl knew that he was the thief and Curtis couldnt give back the money since he didnt have it) So he tried to convince him of not getting the money back. then VJ said something to the effect, " now lets talk about the organ donor" I take it that he was talking about murdering green.. DPR didnt even want Green hurt at first, he just wanted the money back..

all of this is in the unsealed docs from Ross' computer...

and while I believe Shaun bridges was the one actually moving the money, I fully believe Carl was in on it. those two communicated regularly about getting Greens help regarding bitcoin, and this was posted after the theft.. Also, i looked at the court documents from Carls arrest and he actually had over 8 million dollars in bitcoin from his financial statement, he even received 20k from Fox, im assuming its for his rights, he probably shouldnt have sold it to them so cheap, now, he could get a lot more, lol.... i dont know why they reported just 775k...

its actually quite interesting.... going to be a great movie, i hope they do it justice...
bigasic

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:47:24 PM

I know.
That's why I said "they said", not they proved  Wink

Ive read pretty much everything that is public regarding this, it very interesting. when i was thinking if Green could have stolen the money, he stole it at the wrong time, while being debriefed by federal agents, lol, if he was going to steal money, it would make sense that he would steal it in the comfort of his home and then run like the wind, lol.. but I honestly dont think green had anything to do with the theft, there is absolutley no proof of that. plenty of proof that shaun and carl did it..Doesnt make sense that he would help them fake his death,not run, if he stole the money, makes absolutely no sense that he had anything to do with that stolen bitcoin. Btw, it was a tad over 20k bitcoin that was stolen, if they would have sold it at the ATH they would have made over 20milion, but they got under a million for it, 840k, i believe was in the court records.

the one thing that is weird, is why let Shaun out and not Carl? how do they know for sure that Shaun has given up every bitcoin? btw, they havent even been officially charged with any crime, its only a complaint right now. I bet they both get more  charges, the biggie being obstuction of justice and they might get Carl with aiding and abetting drug  distribution, since he helped DPR with SR and with LE intel...So, the charges are going to be stiff i believe...
Skunk Fu

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:40:28 PM

I know.

Ive read pretty much everything that is public regarding this, it very interesting. when i was thinking if Green could have stolen the money, he stole it at the wrong time, while being debriefed by federal agents, lol, if he was going to steal money, it would make sense that he would steal it in the comfort of his home and then run like the wind, lol.. but I honestly dont think green had anything to do with the theft, there is absolutley no proof of that. plenty of proof that shaun and carl did it..Doesnt make sense that he would help them fake his death,not run, if he stole the money, makes absolutely no sense that he had anything to do with that stolen bitcoin. Btw, it was a tad over 20k bitcoin that was stolen, if they would have sold it at the ATH they would have made over 20milion, but they got under a million for it, 840k, i believe was in the court records.

the one thing that is weird, is why let Shaun out and not Carl? how do they know for sure that Shaun has given up every bitcoin? btw, they havent even been officially charged with any crime, its only a complaint right now. I bet they both get more  charges, the biggie being obstuction of justice and they might get Carl with aiding and abetting drug  distribution, since he helped DPR with SR and with LE intel...So, the charges are going to be stiff i believe...

Do you really believe that?
Because cops have a "way" of getting away with things....
bigasic

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:45:00 PM

I know.

Do you really believe that?
Because cops have a "way" of getting away with things....

I hope so. this has been a huge black eye to the Govt. i have worried that they would sweep it under the rug, but since its out there, they have no choice but to continue with the charges, i did think that Shaun being released on a measly 50k bond was very favorable to him. in the fed system, 50k is nothing, usually they make you put your home or have to have millions to make sure you wont run.. so, you could be right.. then again, shaun may have flipped on Carl, hence the favoribilty, did i just make up a new word?lol...

Whats really bothersome, is that the judge seemed like he was going to let Carl out if he let them know where all the money was hidden. his attorney said it was complicated, it was on thumb drives, etc. he obviously doesnt know much about bitcoin,lol...
AGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:41:07 AM

Is it possible, that FORCE presents his UC job as a main reason he commited these crimes? I mean, as a DEA agent it is possibly really hard to resist that temptation, when you have access to big amounts of "drug money" on a regular basis. This could lower the sentence significantly.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
bigasic

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:23:07 PM

Is it possible, that FORCE presents his UC job as a main reason he commited these crimes? I mean, as a DEA agent it is possibly really hard to resist that temptation, when you have access to big amounts of "drug money" on a regular basis. This could lower the sentence significantly.

I think that because he was a DEA official that they will be harder on him, meaning charging him with everything they can. shit like this really hurts the federal government, especially with current cases. you could see a lot of his arrests come out of the word work and accuse carl of doing the same thing to them, etc. In my neck of the woods, a few years ago, a couple of local cops where planting evidence, stealing drugs out of wherever they store them, and doing illegal searches, etc. what got them caught is that they shot a defendant and killed him, one cop was actually charged. the other one lost his job and pension,etc. They had to let out like 40 federal prisoners, and countless state prisoners that these dirty cops had arrested. So, it could cause a domino effect, with Carl, not just on the Silk road case, but on any case he has touched. Like i said before, i believe that they could technically charge him with the same crimes that they charged indigo, and the others with. Carl was paid for helping out silk road. the only real problem is can the govt prove that he was all these alt characters, not just the one that was known by his bosses.

I think he made a few mistakes, on one of the "french maid" posts to DPR, i think it was french made, he had several and french maid is the only one that i can remember. well in one of the posts, he actually signed it with his real first name "carl" he very quickly resent another pm saying "sorry, i sometimes go by the name of carla" or something that was very unbelievable. but, the govt has issues with a lot of the pms because he made dpr use pgp with their communication. Now, one possibility that could happen is that they give some sort of deal to DPR, lets say, 10 years off his sentence, for flipping on carl and providing the pgp code for their communication. Im sure they have sent all of Carls computers to highly trained experts, maybe even the NSA, to try and figure out those pgp communcation, because thats where most of the evidence is... I think the NSA can legally work on it because they could argue it could affect national security, especially if they have one of their own working with illegal organiztions. It will all play out, like i said, I dont think that those two have even been officially charged, just a formal complaint has been filed.. so they are most likely trying to compile all the evidence before they hand out the charges...

But, on the flip side with them going easier on carl for your reasoning. think about if a doctor starts taking medication illegally (like splitting a patients prescription, or forging a script, etc), if a citizen did that, they would be thrown in jail, but doctors usually get one chance of going to rehab and getting their license back. so, in the govt, there is a double standard. Lets hope that doesn't happen here. with the govt having so many issues with the DEA and secret service, i dont think they will be light on anyone....
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:41:50 PM

Cops, that shoot innocent kids can get out, why not cops that steal druglords?

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:22:17 PM

Here's why a certain somebody seems to know so much about SR: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1045937.msg11293726#msg11293726.
bigasic

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:37:43 PM

Yep, i know how to google.. here is the link that contains pretty much every thing that I've posted about..

http://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/04/03/silk-roads-unsealed-documents-compilation/

I should have posted the link a long time ago, now if you have a question regarding the silk road case, you can easily find it..

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:01:09 PM

Yep, i know how to google.. here is the link that contains pretty much every thing that I've posted about..

http://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/04/03/silk-roads-unsealed-documents-compilation/

I should have posted the link a long time ago, now if you have a question regarding the silk road case, you can easily find it..

SA Force is also being investigated concerning a theft of $350,000 in Bitcoins that appear to have been taken from Silk Road through the account of a Silk Road employee
 –
 the same employee at issue in the murder-for-hire allegations charged by USAO-Baltimore. The
employee, Curtis Green, who went by the username “Flush” on Silk Road,
was a cooperator in USAO-Baltimore
’s investigation
 at the time, and his handler was SA Force. Green was arrested  by SA Force and several other agents involved in the USAO-Baltimore investigation on January 17, 2013. Green cooperated with the investigation following his arrest and turned over his login credentials to the
“Flush”
account to SA Force. According to DEA investigative reports filed by SA Force, SA Force
initially changed the password on the “Flush” account
; however, the reports state that, on or about January 19, 2013, he gave Green the changed password, so that Green could log in to the account and resume communications
with “Dread Pirate Roberts”
 for the  purpose of acting as a confidential source.

Excellent find! I wonder how much of that $350K USD LabRat ended up with.
Phat Buzz Tart

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:43:32 PM

Yeap, grabbing some popcorn.
There's gonna be a thriller on tonight -pun intended  Grin

Go get 'em Brun!
 Grin
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:08:44 PM

Yeap, grabbing some popcorn.
There's gonna be a thriller on tonight -pun intended  Grin

Go get 'em Brun!
 Grin

Thrilla in Manila or a MGM Hug Fest?
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:07:52 AM

Nice research, Bruno. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Are you the big bad troll on the block?

Shindo1988

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Samurai

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:48:30 AM

Yeah, Bruno has a way of exposing situations.
He has this gift of bringing things to the surface.
I would never want to be on his scope, though I have never done anything wrong  Roll Eyes

╲╲ ╲╲ COINOMAT.COM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╱╱ ╱╱ First Instant Crypto Exchange                              Sign Up Now!                    Visit our Facebook & Twitter
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:08:52 PM

I would never want to be on his scope, though I have never done anything wrong  Roll Eyes

Did you know that Shidno1988 once...  Shocked

Amazingly, Darren Green, Curtis' brother, hasn't been online since the Great Exposure. No wonder he was stickin' it up my ass so heavily, with Leroy Fodor joining the choir negating my findings as he, too, is currently in the process of fleecin' others in spite of my best efforts exposing his ass with his myriad lies spannin' several years, all document thanks, again, to my efforts.
AGD (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:06:37 PM

I would never want to be on his scope, though I have never done anything wrong  Roll Eyes

Did you know that Shidno1988 once...  Shocked

Amazingly, Darren Green, Curtis' brother, hasn't been online since the Great Exposure. No wonder he was stickin' it up my ass so heavily, with Leroy Fodor joining the choir negating my findings as he, too, is currently in the process of fleecin' others in spite of my best efforts exposing his ass with his myriad lies spannin' several years, all document thanks, again, to my efforts.

Dunno him. Friend of yours?

Shindo1988

Bitcoin Samurai

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:55:46 AM

Did you know that Shidno1988 once...  Shocked

They are probably trying to find ways to make evidence disappear.
The thing is, most of the evidence are probably in the FBI's hands.

╱╱ ╱╱ First Instant Crypto Exchange                              Sign Up Now!                    Visit our Facebook & Twitter
Shindo1988

Bitcoin Samurai

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:56:08 AM

I would never want to be on his scope, though I have never done anything wrong  Roll Eyes

Did you know that Shidno1988 once...  Shocked

Dunno him. Friend of yours?

LOL.
He is talking about me  Wink

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:06:17 PM

Kitguru posted on their facebook about Variety Jones, no clue why large tech sites are picking it up. I haven't been able to read the article yet.

Yeah, the article is here: http://www.kitguru.net/channel/jon-martindale/meet-variety-jones-ross-ulbrichts-secret-mentor/
but it doesn't really say anything we don't already know.

Chances are that they probably got their info from here....  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: