Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:14:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to trade on LocalBitcoins without going to jail  (Read 2799 times)
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:44:39 PM

I do like the piece about the recording the conversation and telling them that anything about illegal activity would be reported. It is my understanding that MSBs need to report similar activity anyway and law enforcement is likely going not go crazy over you not having a MSB license if you are actually reporting discussion/bragging about illegal activity.

I don't however like the charity piece. Unless you actually plan on donating then you are opening a whole new can of worms. In theory law enforcement could charge you with something related to misrepresenting what you are doing with the funds and/or stealing from the charity and/or some other crime
If i go to a place where i've acorded to meet with a guy to exchange some bitcoins and the guy starts telling a disclaimer I would get pretty paranoid about it. It just doesnt feel right... too much tension.
In the past i have done succcesful trades and meet the guy and we had a coffee, now it seems the exchanges IRL will look like a drug deal exchange or something, where you are nervous as hell.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: