Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:01:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of Increasingly Sophisticated Malware Infection Attempts  (Read 680019 times)
jigawagawa

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 08:28:56 PM
Merited by shahim (1)

One has to be very careful here, it is even very possible to get your phone infected for days without you getting to know.

Ways to know that your mobile device infected.
You will realise that your device might suddenly begin to slow down tremendously, many malicious apps asking you to claim items you won will be popping from nowhere, app will keep crashing unexpectedly. Then funny and very strange sounds will begin to emanate from the said phone.

Here are some ways by which hackers could get your device infected

A) compromised apps: one very common way to get your device infected is downloading an application that was specifically designed for the said purpose (infecting your device), these hackers usually repackage and rebrand these applications, making it look like it is the original, once you download and install on your device, that's it, your device will be infected with whichever malware that was  
set up on it.

How to prevent it
Never download applications from random sources, always use a link from the official website of platforms that own the application. That way, you are guaranteed of downloading the real application.

B) Malvertising: this is another very common method used by hackers to steal personal information of users, it's done by making certain ads pop on the interface of targeted websites while surfing, the moment users mistakingly click on them, his/her device automatically get infected with the virus.

How to prevent it
Always avoid clicking on random ads, alternatively you can download ad blockers to help block off suck ads from popping while surfing the internet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Umkar

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 01:56:21 PM

Trojans can still get to your android device via the Telegram application, because everyone has auto-loading of video, audio and documents in the default settings. My android tablet thus became infected with several different Trojans. Therefore, in the settings, disable autoloading of video, audio, photos, this will partially protect your phone.
bvg96634

Activity: 482
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 01:25:27 PM

If the virus has a dynamic code + auto-update, then the ability to find it is reduced to 0. The only way to protect yourself - download data only from trusted sources.
Zico2004

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 04:10:32 PM

2FA does the magic for me, just that most times after battling with those malwares I end up losing very vital files, that will go a long way in hurting me to bits. So the best option still remains to stay safe, watch on links you click and the places you go on the internet

One really need to be careful where he visits on the Internet like you said. A friend of mine lost tons of dollars very recently from his blockchain wallet. Hackers penetrated his defences and made away with over $2,000 dollars worth of btc.
2FA didn't help him here.
In my opinion, the site where your fund is kept matters a lot, especially if security measures are not taken into special consideration. Sometimes for those of us that trade on cryptocurrencies, we take unnecessary risk without being certain of their security measures.
I will always go with MPCX Platform with their recent partnership with IBM to ensure that digital assets are well-secured among others.
chypro20111

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 11:00:21 PM

Guys are we ready for IEO. Get ready to fill ur bags with XDMC token. MPCX hosting its IEO on OOBTC EXCHANGE the BIGGEST Singapore Exchange.  First project to hold its IEO. dont miss out
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 12:16:48 AM

IBM is well represented and has a strong reputation in the IT industry. MPCX partnership with the IBM is a fantastic decision

That's true. I believe partnerships like such are very important for projects to do well. I read that IBM promises to provide MPCX with technology support and consultations to ensure stable performance & exceptional level of platform security.
charlop24
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 12:42:07 AM

IBM is well represented and has a strong reputation in the IT industry. MPCX partnership with the IBM is a fantastic decision

That's true. I believe partnerships like such are very important for projects to do well. I read that IBM promises to provide MPCX with technology support and consultations to ensure stable performance & exceptional level of platform security.

This is a good one, the importance of platform security cannot be overemphasized. If every platform has to sign a partnership agreement to secure their platforms from hackers and cyber attacks, it would be awesome. We really need to do something about this security issue.
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 01:18:52 AM

They've been several number of hacks in recent times that keeps me wondering on the potency of security systems on various exchange platform. I do hope that this partnership with IBM would give MPCX the needed potency to fight every intruder into the digital asset management platform which is still in motion.
Yemijoy

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 01:41:38 AM

They've been several number of hacks in recent times that keeps me wondering on the potency of security systems on various exchange platform. I do hope that this partnership with IBM would give MPCX the needed potency to fight every intruder into the digital asset management platform which is still in motion.

IBM has been in business for a long time and possesses the several IT solutions, I firmly believe that IBM would be making a substantial impact in the MPCX project and that would cut across diverse ramifications for the success of the project.
jumiapaul
Copper Member

Merit: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 02:33:07 AM

This is a good one, the importance of platform security cannot be overemphasized. If every platform has to sign a partnership agreement to secure their platforms from hackers and cyber attacks, it would be awesome. We really need to do something about this security issue.

I vehemently agree with you. Security breach has always been a worrisome issue in the cryptocurrency space. I remember the hack of the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world, that left the exchange with a loss of over 7,000 btc which is quite substantial and i don't think the exchange would have spent that much if they invested in robust security measures. MPCX really needs to learn from the mistakes of others and secure her platform maximally.
Kinsuche

Activity: 473

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:05:09 AM

Just noting this. Thanks for the security info. I will try to be careful with any downloads and website visits onwards. Hackers aren't smiling nowadays causing a lot in the process..
Zico2004

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 01:07:28 PM

Guys are we ready for IEO. Get ready to fill ur bags with XDMC token. MPCX hosting its IEO on OOBTC EXCHANGE the BIGGEST Singapore Exchange.  First project to hold its IEO. dont miss out

This is indeed an opportunity every investor must not let to slip through his/her fingers. MPCX is a project that is well-planned and every measures has been taken to ensure increase in success.
I have said it before, I will say it again, I stand with this project and look forward to 28th June.
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Merit: 5

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 01:42:26 PM

This is indeed an opportunity every investor must not let to slip through his/her fingers. MPCX is a project that is well-planned and every measures has been taken to ensure increase in success.
I have said it before, I will say it again, I stand with this project and look forward to 28th June.

Concerning your escapade with MPCX do you have an idea of how long the tokensale would last? I know they've had several ICO's and tokensales in the past and was even thinking that the project has raised the necessary fund to commence the project development.
charlop24
Copper Member

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 02:10:31 PM

These malware's are very common on Telegram Telegram especially, just last week I fell for one and got every file on my phone wiped off, it was a very painful experience for me. I learnt my lesson though, it's just sad I had to learn the hard way. This post has gone a step further in preventing more people from falling.

It's quite unfortunate that malware are also sent via telegram. I feel so scared because of the prevalence of telegram airdrop bots which has  been deployed by projects for the execution of airdrop, i only hope that the bots are not hijacked by hackers and used to take advantage of the phones of individuals.
Yemijoy

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 02:33:44 PM

These malware's are very common on Telegram Telegram especially, just last week I fell for one and got every file on my phone wiped off, it was a very painful experience for me. I learnt my lesson though, it's just sad I had to learn the hard way. This post has gone a step further in preventing more people from falling.

It's quite unfortunate that malware are also sent via telegram. I feel so scared because of the prevalence of telegram airdrop bots which has  been deployed by projects for the execution of airdrop, i only hope that the bots are not hijacked by hackers and used to take advantage of the phones of individuals.

The best advise I have for you is to be careful of the airdrops you join. Most of the airdrops are not legit and are just a simple strategy employed by hackers to take advantage of the information of airdrop hunters. it best to verify the authenticity of an airdrop from the official telegram of the project before participating.
jumiapaul
Copper Member

Merit: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:01:31 PM

Concerning your escapade with MPCX do you have an idea of how long the tokensale would last? I know they've had several ICO's and tokensales in the past and was even thinking that the project has raised the necessary fund to commence the project development.

Based on the information I read the tokensale would start on the 28th of June in two different exchange which are ooobtc and probit. The token sale would end on the 11th of July on probit and on the 14th of July on ooobtc exchange. The tokens would be sold for $0.06 on both exchange during the IEO sales.
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 03:21:50 PM

Airdrops is actually a risky venture owing to the fact that one needs to consistently input personal information into forms and this may be used by the hackers or bots to get out passwords. Its always good to be very sure and very careful carrying out airdrops task.
garyn
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2019, 07:16:24 PM

I read the OP on this thread and after reading it, I though then who can I trust.  And I better be very careful about any link I click because if I understand it, THAT is the only way to get a malware.  Funny but after reading the OP,  a few post down were links on post.  One saying I am going to add this to the Black list. My first reaction is don't click on that link it could be Malware.

So how do we know if a link is good or not.  And how do we know if it is not a very sophisticated Malware.

Is there anything we can do?  Bitcointalk is a great asset.  I hate to see this happen. 

Perhaps the idea I posted in another thread about creating an OPTIONAL membership called Verified Member might be a great solution.  This way if you select the options and are verified through some sort of quasi KYC/AML method of verification it would give those reading the post a better assurance that the posts, the information and, if there are links, knowing the links are safe.
Nnuego

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 13, 2019, 08:01:09 AM

This is to say,we should be mindful to whatever link we click or download. Sophisticated malware virus pop-up like a link and cause more damage you could ever think. It's very terrible for such to experience such stuff here. We should report when we see one

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 Cowrium.net  ║A Multidimensional Blockchain & Smart Contract Innovation driven by Cowrie (https://www.cowrium.net/)
Adelek15

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 12:03:24 PM

Userful data for me, I never thought at the top of the priority list that scammer could be on this forum and post some malignant substance here.

a debt of gratitude is in order for This data I will be careful about substance and connections before I snap on it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: