Print  
Author Topic: kWH  (Read 3047 times)
Meeee353 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:59:13 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 06:13:17 AM by Meeee353

Hey I was just interested in knowing what anyone's kwh useage is with their ASICS per hour/day/week/month or whatever what their local kWh rates are in currently running about 2.4 kWh a hour @ 0.09 cents a kWh anyone else? (2 Antminer s2 and a s3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 07:41:17 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 08:44:14 AM by MCHouston

I run about 550 Kwh per day. With 30 S3s, 18 BTC Garden V2 and a pile of S1

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:19:30 AM

I run 1.8kwh, 8 - 12hrs a day @ $0.21 per hr.

smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:31:44 PM

2880 kWh per day at .08
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 10:34:19 PM

Run at $0.15 here, it stings..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 02:53:38 AM

Wow, there is no way you do this at home is there? Do you rent out a place to mine?

This is 22kw/h, its quite possible to do it from home(depending if he has the infrastructure to do it) but its not likely. Where I work, only a very small office nearly residential size, we drink around 20 - 25kw/h on aircon, lighting, systems etc.

Unless of course he means 550kw/h... in which case it would be industrial.

darkphantom934

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:38:24 AM

I'm around 1.8kWH, at $0.09/kWH rate (Probably the only thing in Maryland that isn't taxed to shit Cheesy)
MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:12:39 AM

Wow, there is no way you do this at home is there? Do you rent out a place to mine?

Nope all at home.  Grin

I would go put my name on a piece of paper and take a pic in front of the racks but its dark and cold.  Here is an old one, you can see some of the S3's, and the BTCGardens on the right, you don't see the S2s or Gridseeds though.

MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:16:41 AM

This is 22kw/h, its quite possible to do it from home(depending if he has the infrastructure to do it) but its not likely. Where I work, only a very small office nearly residential size, we drink around 20 - 25kw/h on aircon, lighting, systems etc.

Unless of course he means 550kw/h... in which case it would be industrial.

Sarge is correct you can do 25Kwh per hour pretty easy at most homes, I have ran more circuits and currently can provide up to 40Kwh per hour and soon in the future will be able to do 75Kwh per hour in about a month, after that it will be Data Center or industrial location for me.

matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:44:53 AM

Every time that I read "kWh / hour" it hurts my eyes, and "kW/h" even more, so let me make this reminder:

• Energy is a given amount of power over a given amount of time
  • kW quantifies power
  • kWh quantifies energy, like joule (1 kWh = 3600 kJ)
  • kWh are kilowatts times (multiplied by) hours, not kilowatts per (divided by) hour
  • kWh/hour is kilowatt × hour ÷ hour, so 1 kWh/hour is simply 1 kW

Thanks for your attention Wink
MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:11:29 AM

Every time that I read "kWh / hour" it hurts my eyes, and "kW/h" even more, so let me make this reminder:

• Energy is a given amount of power over a given amount of time
  • kW quantifies power
  • kWh quantifies energy, like joule (1 kWh = 3600 kJ)
  • kWh are kilowatts times (multiplied by) hours, not kilowatts per (divided by) hour
  • kWh/hour is kilowatt × hour ÷ hour, so 1 kWh/hour is simply 1 kW

Thanks for your attention Wink

Mathematically you are correct but we were saying or at least I was Kwh per hour.  As since electricity is billed in KwH it is more of a reference to a unit of expenditure.  So if I say 1000KwH I have to include the time at which this was billed by the power company cause you can have 1000KwH in 1 minute or you can have 1000KwH accumulated in a year.  So since it is a measure of billing a reference to the time frame it took to bill that must be included at least in this thread,

MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:31:15 PM

How does your house handle that? Did you make custom changes to the electrics in the house? Are you worried about an electrical fire?

I ran a total of 4 30A 2 Pole circuits,  What you see in that pic is about 2 30A circuits, but you could probably use the 30A dryer connection and convert the dedicated 20A for the washer to 240V and do the same I am doing without running new wires.

Nope no worries about fire at all.  I used 10-2 Romex Copper which is within code, wire temp is a comfortable 42C well below the 60C its rated for.

Currently pulling 104A on each phase at the main breaker for the whole house, I currently have a temp problem with my main breaker that limits me to 120A or it overheats and pops.  Probably just old and has a poor connection to the bus,  I will be replacing it with a brand new 225A as my bus is rated for 225A and ramping up to 180A per phase or 43KW hopefully this week.

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:44:26 AM

How does your house handle that? Did you make custom changes to the electrics in the house? Are you worried about an electrical fire?

I ran a total of 4 30A 2 Pole circuits,  What you see in that pic is about 2 30A circuits, but you could probably use the 30A dryer connection and convert the dedicated 20A for the washer to 240V and do the same I am doing without running new wires.

Nope no worries about fire at all.  I used 10-2 Romex Copper which is within code, wire temp is a comfortable 42C well below the 60C its rated for.

Currently pulling 104A on each phase at the main breaker for the whole house, I currently have a temp problem with my main breaker that limits me to 120A or it overheats and pops.  Probably just old and has a poor connection to the bus,  I will be replacing it with a brand new 225A as my bus is rated for 225A and ramping up to 180A per phase or 43KW hopefully this week.

Nice being able to pull all of that at home!
My home was built in the 60s, and had some serious wiring modifications done by the previous owner.
The garage was converted into the Master Bedroom. While I haven't figured out every detail (I will) but the other night the breaker blew which I thought was the main breaker for the main box. Everything on the end of the house with the converted garage / MB went black but the other end of the house kept chugging right along. (Half my miners went down as well).
Fortunately I always check with a meter before performing any wiring, and have a bud who is licensed.
I assume I only have 100 amp service and that is what my friend said, but he works with me now and hasn't been "in the field". He also hasn't looked at everything outside. I wonder if I do have more service.
The breaker which blew was a 70. It is HOT here for freaking January, almost 80 degrees now!

It is funny you mention the washer and dryer. I do not know what others have done and I'm sure mine isn't the craziest, but at the moment the stove is disconnected so I could use that 240 circuit for my S4. The S4 is sitting on the kitchen counter with a DSP2000 and some monster fans. My daughters are not pleased. Wait until they see what I have planned for the oven which is separate from the stove as it is a cooktop. The bigger wire must be ran to the Oven as both it and the cook top are on a 50 amp breaker.

There is a 20 amp breaker which also kills the same lights int he master bedroom / bath / renovated garage as the 70 which blew. I am going to have to pull the panel to figure out exactly what they did. Moving the rest of the miners to 240 anyway, but I want to know where every wire is connected.

Very much off topic, but I have a question about power:
I am trying to decide whether I should purchase a PDU for the 240, or simply build a junction box with terminal strips inside and handy plug-ins. (I will make sure everything is rated correctly and checked by a licensed Electrician).
Money isn't the biggest concern, but it is important, but what is the thought process for miners with 20+ units?
My 20 will change to less units with more hasrate over the next couple of months so it is hard to predict what I will need, but what do you guys put together or buy for home use on 240?

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Meeee353 (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:48:53 PM

Nope all at home.  Grin

I would go put my name on a piece of paper and take a pic in front of the racks but its dark and cold.  Here is an old one, you can see some of the S3's, and the BTCGardens on the right, you don't see the S2s or Gridseeds though.

https://i.imgur.com/DzOiYP9.jpg

Damn I envy you I want a setup like that especially in my house but my power company is a bunch of bastards the more energy you use the higher it goes all the way to 0.16 a kWh... And they are talking with the county to raise that even more :/
MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:15:51 PM

Nice being able to pull all of that at home!
My home was built in the 60s, and had some serious wiring modifications done by the previous owner.
The garage was converted into the Master Bedroom. While I haven't figured out every detail (I will) but the other night the breaker blew which I thought was the main breaker for the main box. Everything on the end of the house with the converted garage / MB went black but the other end of the house kept chugging right along. (Half my miners went down as well).
Fortunately I always check with a meter before performing any wiring, and have a bud who is licensed.
I assume I only have 100 amp service and that is what my friend said, but he works with me now and hasn't been "in the field". He also hasn't looked at everything outside. I wonder if I do have more service.
The breaker which blew was a 70. It is HOT here for freaking January, almost 80 degrees now!

It is funny you mention the washer and dryer. I do not know what others have done and I'm sure mine isn't the craziest, but at the moment the stove is disconnected so I could use that 240 circuit for my S4. The S4 is sitting on the kitchen counter with a DSP2000 and some monster fans. My daughters are not pleased. Wait until they see what I have planned for the oven which is separate from the stove as it is a cooktop. The bigger wire must be ran to the Oven as both it and the cook top are on a 50 amp breaker.

There is a 20 amp breaker which also kills the same lights int he master bedroom / bath / renovated garage as the 70 which blew. I am going to have to pull the panel to figure out exactly what they did. Moving the rest of the miners to 240 anyway, but I want to know where every wire is connected.

Very much off topic, but I have a question about power:
I am trying to decide whether I should purchase a PDU for the 240, or simply build a junction box with terminal strips inside and handy plug-ins. (I will make sure everything is rated correctly and checked by a licensed Electrician).
Money isn't the biggest concern, but it is important, but what is the thought process for miners with 20+ units?
My 20 will change to less units with more hasrate over the next couple of months so it is hard to predict what I will need, but what do you guys put together or buy for home use on 240?

I just had deja vu reading your post.

My house is built around the same time, and yes the garage was converted to a big master bedroom.  Yep my breaker box is located in what is now the bedroom.  Only difference is I concentrated all my miners in the utility/laundry room which is across the house.

I started by converting two dedicated circuits taht were 120V 20A in the utility room to 240V 20A, one was washer and the other was for a deep freezer most likely.

I then ran 4 - 30A 240V circuits recently from breaker to plug with all new wire, yes some of the wire running was a pain and tore up some sheetrock but that is easy to fix.

Nice thinking I never thought of using the stove as I do have a gas stove so I may have a spare large circuit, but with all my circuits I have 160A of 240V which is enough for the next month.

I use PDU's this way I can monitor amps used and try to keep them below the 80% code requirement also to troubleshoot breakers that pop.

anx

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:48:00 PM

~2600kWh/30days

~16A @ ~230V - finland

Power cost: ~0.061c/kWh (€cent that is)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:23:40 PM

2880 kWh per day at .08

almost 240 dollars at day that's crazy, are you making profit, from this?

Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:18:18 PM

If anyone has an SP20 Jackson, I'm wondering what it REALLY pulls.  They said 1100-1200W in the specs.  Is that TDP of the unit itself?  Is that an at the socket measurement that includes at least 10% loss in heat by the power supply so you only need a 1000W power supply?  Is it a general recommendation of total power supply wattage that fails to take into account 3V and 5V rails?  Or is it the actual amount of electricity that you will need to provide on just the 6-pin graphics card style hookups?  I kinda need to know so I can buy the right power supply.
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:21:59 AM

If anyone has an SP20 Jackson, I'm wondering what it REALLY pulls.  They said 1100-1200W in the specs.

Lots more info on the SP20 threads.

1.2TH pulls ~700W.  1.5TH pulls 1KW.  1.65-1.7TH pulls 1.2KW. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: