Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:47:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted Posts  (Read 855 times)
hack_ (OP)

Activity: 501
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:47:27 PM

can you explain to me why a mod found it necessary to delete this post?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Bohan the Urocoin dev was ID's at launch with photos of him working with the team that would be supplying urea fertilizer at a 1urocoin = 1mt urea for orders over 12500 MT in size. but 9 months later people still yell scam so im not sure the point. ID or not has no bearing on if something is a scam or not. if you feel more comfortable only investing in coins whose developers have a real face then go for it Wink

PS goo Urocoin.

so true

Or this one?

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

@OP

Thanks for the PM today. I was going to give my thoughts just to you, but on reflection, I'd like to see what the nascent community thinks.

I like the idea of a crypto<>torrent combination. It makes a lot of sense to me. Here is broadly why and why I think you should consider broadening the project.

1. YouTube provides free music now. Torrents did well at the start because people were distributing music.

2. XMBC distributes movies and TV shows. Torrents didn't do that very well because of file sizes. crypto torrents won't fix that issue or compete well with XBMC unless the seeders want to earn something from their work.

3. sourceforge, github, softpedia and download.com do free software and sponsored bundles / trials.

Where I think vtorrent can create a new category that sits well with the above is through seeder's greed and rights owners need to earn money.

If you create a wallet that flashes up ads, or find some other way to bring the youtube and spotify ad revenue model in, then rights owners can pay seeders for being their distribution channel. Movies in particular are file size intensive and getting paid to seed would actually help rights owners.

Movies could be ad supported in the same way as youtube and spotify now integrate ads into content. The money payment side could be VTR.

Rights owners don't have a way to stop services like XBMC/Kodi. What they do have are distribution budgets and revenue share models. Making crypto seeders part of their distribution model and paying them for providing a backbone to that distribution channel becomes part of the net neutrality debate. Any residential street in the USA can have teens sitting in their bedrooms seeding movies to their neighbours like a LAN and thereby removing the burden on the internet infrastructure to distribute movies through at peak times - both the movie distributors and the internet service providers and possibly the cable providers could pay the teens in crypto.

Mozilla earns a fortune each year distributing software for yahoo and god knows who else. So, software providers can use a similar model to pay seeders to distribute their software and share in the bundling of third party software, browsers, etc.

Torrent's using the crypto model actually help to define a way to tap into financial incentives that can solve the headache faced by rights holders.

If VTR can show a way to integrate some of the above and perhaps even more, into a wallet then we will truly have something groundbreaking, IMO

Interesting ideas

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:51:38 PM

Useless posts, they don't add to discussion. The first one is simply a "+1" post disguised with two words. You know very well why they were deleted.

Check out mprep's thread it will go over why your post was deleted.
hack_ (OP)

Activity: 501
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:59:25 PM

Useless posts, they don't add to discussion. The first one is simply a "+1" post disguised with two words. You know very well why they were deleted.

Check out mprep's thread it will go over why your post was deleted.

How is your version of a compliment different?

I don't see why this would be a problem. I'll bring it up when we get to this.
Great! Thanks for this.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:01:10 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 02:42:21 PM by Welsh

How is your version of a compliment different?
Report it if you feel it needs to be removed. I think the difference is that most of your posts are one sentence and generally not needed. Although, not all of your posts. You do have some which were okay.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:40:36 PM

can you explain to me why a mod found it necessary to delete this post?

Bohan the Urocoin dev was ID's at launch with photos of him working with the team that would be supplying urea fertilizer at a 1urocoin = 1mt urea for orders over 12500 MT in size. but 9 months later people still yell scam so im not sure the point. ID or not has no bearing on if something is a scam or not. if you feel more comfortable only investing in coins whose developers have a real face then go for it Wink

PS goo Urocoin.

so true

Or this one?

@OP

Thanks for the PM today. I was going to give my thoughts just to you, but on reflection, I'd like to see what the nascent community thinks.

I like the idea of a crypto<>torrent combination. It makes a lot of sense to me. Here is broadly why and why I think you should consider broadening the project.

1. YouTube provides free music now. Torrents did well at the start because people were distributing music.

2. XMBC distributes movies and TV shows. Torrents didn't do that very well because of file sizes. crypto torrents won't fix that issue or compete well with XBMC unless the seeders want to earn something from their work.

3. sourceforge, github, softpedia and download.com do free software and sponsored bundles / trials.

Where I think vtorrent can create a new category that sits well with the above is through seeder's greed and rights owners need to earn money.

If you create a wallet that flashes up ads, or find some other way to bring the youtube and spotify ad revenue model in, then rights owners can pay seeders for being their distribution channel. Movies in particular are file size intensive and getting paid to seed would actually help rights owners.

Movies could be ad supported in the same way as youtube and spotify now integrate ads into content. The money payment side could be VTR.

Rights owners don't have a way to stop services like XBMC/Kodi. What they do have are distribution budgets and revenue share models. Making crypto seeders part of their distribution model and paying them for providing a backbone to that distribution channel becomes part of the net neutrality debate. Any residential street in the USA can have teens sitting in their bedrooms seeding movies to their neighbours like a LAN and thereby removing the burden on the internet infrastructure to distribute movies through at peak times - both the movie distributors and the internet service providers and possibly the cable providers could pay the teens in crypto.

Mozilla earns a fortune each year distributing software for yahoo and god knows who else. So, software providers can use a similar model to pay seeders to distribute their software and share in the bundling of third party software, browsers, etc.

Torrent's using the crypto model actually help to define a way to tap into financial incentives that can solve the headache faced by rights holders.

If VTR can show a way to integrate some of the above and perhaps even more, into a wallet then we will truly have something groundbreaking, IMO

Interesting ideas

hi!!!

why you do not try to ask him??

thi is the moderator

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=51173

you could try to send a PM and have a clarification,
if you think you've has been wronged!!!

i think he will understand and will explain you.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: