Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:04:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin soaring, highest I've seen it since last year while it was decreasing  (Read 3529 times)
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2012, 01:52:01 AM

I actually think the price is skyrocketing because people are buying BFL stuff with cash-thus converting into btc via bitpay and providing an artificially high demand for BTC at the moment.

I think BFL stuff may be part of it, but just as much Paypal cutting off cyberlockers and Mr Dotcom's publicity, as well as general greater use of bitcoin.  

This. If he implements bitcoin for megabox the last high will seem miniscule in comparison.

I think Kim decided to dump a few hundred thousand he had hidden away somewhere into Bitcoin. He'll wait a few days before making a big announcement about how awesome Bitcoin is before quadrupling his money  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 01:53:08 AM

USD$9.30 / BTC...crazy and dangerous swing

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 01:53:22 AM

I actually think the price is skyrocketing because people are buying BFL stuff with cash-thus converting into btc via bitpay and providing an artificially high demand for BTC at the moment.

I think BFL stuff may be part of it, but just as much Paypal cutting off cyberlockers and Mr Dotcom's publicity, as well as general greater use of bitcoin.  

This. If he implements bitcoin for megabox the last high will seem miniscule in comparison.

+1

You have all of these factors working together to push BTC demand:
Megabox
Pirate BST
Bit-Pay
Bit-Instant
BFL
Satoshi Dice

dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 05:57:31 PM

Here's why bitcoin price increases are just getting started:

The infographic is part of a larger presentation on the potential of bitcoin which I made.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2012, 06:48:28 PM

dont forget bitcoin has created a new market within its self (call it speculation market), as the bitcoin grows due to new demand for example more users on SR. the speculation market grows as well.

The next few weeks will be epic! 

OH JOY Cheesy

zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 04:49:27 PM

I think that by next month, it is very possible that we may never see Bitcoin worth single digits again...

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 12:31:21 PM

I think that by next month, it is very possible that we may never see Bitcoin worth single digits again...

Nah, it'll be worth single digits into next year.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 04:32:07 PM

You've claimed you have a paper wallet stash... so sell a buy option at 9.99 expiring 2013/04/15
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 04:42:46 PM

hehe, this is the last bear who kept waiting for the decline.. Don't miss your lunch, bear. ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
FreeMoney
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 06:44:15 PM

You've claimed you have a paper wallet stash... so sell a buy option at 9.99 expiring 2013/04/15

He's not serious.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 08:44:49 PM

He's not serious.

I have to confess, with a smidgen of embarrassment, that even I'm having a hard time taking myself seriously lately.  In fact, Lately I've been feeling some cognitive dissonance about my bearishness.  The fact that I've got a stash of offline bitcoins is good evidence of this.  Get it together Proudhon!

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
thezerg
Legendary

Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 12:25:10 AM

Drat!  I had a winning strategy:

1. Needle proudhon
2. Use his pride against himself to acquire BTC options.
3. Huh
4. Profit!

Instead I was met with honesty and integrity... what's happening to BTC?  Grin
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2012, 12:44:16 AM

Do you think taking out the gambling aspect (e.g. Bitcoinica) has to do with the soaring prices?

yes and no

Bitcoinca actually hurt the price

If bitcoin would of never been hacked and just got better and better, allowing people to securely DOUBLE their money  ( up to 10 million dollars .. which Z could of done if hehe wasn't hack 3 4 5  Huh times) Bitcoin would be a slightly bigger market then it is today  Wink

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 03:16:38 AM

Do you think taking out the gambling aspect (e.g. Bitcoinica) has to do with the soaring prices?

yes and no

If bitcoin would of never been hacked and just got better and better, allowing people to securely DOUBLE their money  ( up to 10 million dollars .. which Z could of done if hehe wasn't hack 3 4 5  Huh times) Bitcoin would be a slightly bigger market then it is today  Wink

Hey, that was weird.  Somehow you've been on ignore.  Don't know how that happened.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 03:18:23 AM

yes and no

Or more inflated market...

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: