Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:46:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Satoshi Nakamoto wanted to collect his keys, how would he do it?  (Read 2514 times)
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:24:29 PM

Hi gang,

Curious. How would Old Boy collect his private keys rightfully owed to him?  Wink

I am confused. Collect it from where ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:27:15 PM

Actually the theory that he just didn't want to hassle, legal or whatever, that he knew was coming might be his reason. Also he might left those coins but mined a little later on himself so he'd just be a normal user. He might even be a long-standing poster here which is a cool possibility. Just some 'miner' chatting with everyone else.

I think he's in this forum, too. Wink

Indeed, hiding in plain sight, as it were.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:01:03 PM

If you don't own your private keys, it means they are not your bitcoin and you did a big mistake. But technically, leaving your Bitcoin in a exchange deposit is giving them your private keys tho..
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:31:17 PM

OP is a troll and has no idea what he is saying.

Please stop feeding the Trolls by answering any of his statements.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Eastfist (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 12:54:28 AM

If you don't own your private keys, it means they are not your bitcoin and you did a big mistake. But technically, leaving your Bitcoin in a exchange deposit is giving them your private keys tho..

Satoshi was never in possession of the keys. Therefore, the original team still has them (unless they destroyed them).
Eastfist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 01:00:42 AM

OP is a troll and has no idea what he is saying.

Please stop feeding the Trolls by answering any of his statements.

What if I said I was Satoshi Nakamoto, then would you still have more credibility than me?
Eastfist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 01:45:59 AM

Satoshi was never in possession of the keys. Therefore, the original team still has them (unless they destroyed them).

Then he never "owned" any bitcoins and these "original team" members are the actual "owners".

I'm certain I'm responding to nonsense though.

It's a matter of principle. You take someone's work and make money off it and he doesn't get his cut. That's called stealing, isn't it? Now apply that to how the entire operation works. I'm sure people are going to use technicalities, but that goes against their entire mission statement of trust-this and trust-that. Then the whole thing is a sham.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:59:16 AM

Hahahah, ppl still reply to dumbfcks ?

I thought my post was obvious enough.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 03:04:23 AM

trustless means you dont have to trust core developers.

If they have the power to fork, trust might be good.  Cool
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:05:46 AM

Then he never "owned" any bitcoins and these "original team" members are the actual "owners".

I'm certain I'm responding to nonsense though.

It's a matter of principle. You take someone's work and make money off it and he doesn't get his cut. That's called stealing, isn't it? Now apply that to how the entire operation works. I'm sure people are going to use technicalities, but that goes against their entire mission statement of trust-this and trust-that. Then the whole thing is a sham.

Hah, I like you lol.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:52:24 AM

just send an email to the core devs.  they should be able to help you get all of satoshi's keys
Eastfist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 04:58:21 AM

just send an email to the core devs.  they should be able to help you get all of satoshi's keys

What's their contact info?
hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:23:34 AM

Satoshi was the core team at the beginning! Lmao! You have no idea how bitcoin works do you?

Satoshi and Hal were the first two miners, their computers made coins and the clients they used, the only 2 clients on the network at the time were making coins. Satoshi's and Hal's wallets stored the private keys to each of their coins that they mined. No core dev team has the keys. This core team you made up out of thin air did not mine a bunch of coins and then said "hey Satoshi, these are for you, let me know when you want them!" After Satoshi and Hal mined a little while a third miner started mining, then the fourth and so on. The first bitcoin transaction ever was from Satoshi to Hal, which proves that Satoshi had his keys the whole time! So quit trolling and go educate yourself, all you are doing is proving to everyone that you are an idiot.
Eastfist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 05:54:22 AM

Satoshi was the core team at the beginning! Lmao! You have no idea how bitcoin works do you?

Satoshi and Hal were the first two miners, their computers made coins and the clients they used, the only 2 clients on the network at the time were making coins. Satoshi's and Hal's wallets stored the private keys to each of their coins that they mined. No core dev team has the keys. This core team you made up out of thin air did not mine a bunch of coins and then said "hey Satoshi, these are for you, let me know when you want them!" After Satoshi and Hal mined a little while a third miner started mining, then the fourth and so on. The first bitcoin transaction ever was from Satoshi to Hal, which proves that Satoshi had his keys the whole time! So quit trolling and go educate yourself, all you are doing is proving to everyone that you are an idiot.

LOL. Were you there?

Bitcoin was implemented by Hal Finney and "The New Kids on the Block", a group of boys. But Satoshi was just a boy and he didn't take the key with him. One of the other boys has it.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:00:02 AM

The first million or so btc have never been touched or moved or traded so maybe satoshi never bothered to keep the keys because this was a year or two before 10,000btc for a pizza time......

Its possible he didn't bother to save them since it was just an experiment and btc had no monetary value back then.... Or he could be dead and the are lost forever...
Eastfist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 06:10:27 AM

But Satoshi was just a boy and he didn't take the key with him.

The key, huh?

Bitcoiners better hope that "key" isn't lost. That would make Satoshi's stash value-less, wouldn't it?
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:19:52 AM

The key, huh?

Bitcoiners better hope that "key" isn't lost. That would make Satoshi's stash value-less, wouldn't it?

If the key is lost and Satoshi's million-BTC stash becomes value-less, Bitcoiners will be more than happy.

In Satoshi's own words, it makes everyone else's Bitcoins more valuable. Think of it as a donation to everyone else.
It also rules out the possibility of Satoshi disrupting the market with his holdings in future.
Eastfist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 06:25:05 AM

The key, huh?

If the key is lost and Satoshi's million-BTC stash becomes value-less, Biycoiners will be more than happy.

In Satoshi's own words, it makes everyone else's Bitcoins more valuable. Think of it as a donation to everyone else.

Think about the apple and the tree. If the tree doesn't have any value, then the apples won't have value. "Value" is a made up thing, it's pure perception. If people found out Satoshi's cache was value-less, perception-wise, then Bitcoin is value-less.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:26:16 AM

The key, huh?

If the key is lost and Satoshi's million-BTC stash becomes value-less, Biycoiners will be more than happy.

Think about the apple and the tree. If the tree doesn't have any value, then the apples won't have value. "Value" is a made up thing, it's pure perception. If people found out Satoshi's cache was value-less, perception-wise, then Bitcoin is value-less.

Losing private keys to Satoshi's coins do not make them value-less. It only makes them inaccessible.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:31:04 AM

The key, huh?

Losing private keys to Satoshi's coins do not make them value-less. It only makes them inaccessible.

Tomato / tomato.... 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: