Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:21:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin value in the next future 50 years- rubbish or global currency?  (Read 4561 times)
LazerSMS

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 09:29:55 PM

rubbish

we can do better than this

Send and Receive SMS Anonymously with Bitcoin | LazerSMS.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:54:30 PM

rubbish

we can do better than this

You need to elaborate, better then what?

You mean the years it`ll take to have a global currency. Its already global in my eyes, if someone from the phillpines is sending money back to the states with bitcoin. How global can you get other then that? lol.

As for the 50 year mark, its still going to be around not be rubbish at all since main money laundering for gambling sites use bitcoin.

wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:52:08 PM

Difficult to predict for next 50 years. May be not. It will face the competition in next 5 to 7 years itself by the new technologies so I don't believe that it will exist for next 50 years. We can expect some better technologies in future which would erase the memories of bitcoin.
Cinnob0n

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:10:22 AM

50 years is kind of far fetched. I would assume the price for bitcoins would meet even and stop fluctuating. As long as the coin would be traded at a constant rate, everything should be fine.  Cheesy

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:04:36 AM

you don't need to wait that many years, another two halving at best and you could easily tell if bitcoin is gonna die or not, we don't certainly need to wait until there are only fee mined by miners
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:58:18 AM

I think in about 5-10 years bitcoin is going to be global currency, it will depend however on governments decisions. They can either speed things up or slow them down, especially USA as its the biggest market. But also global corporations will have major impact on this as well (the more capabilities for customers the better).
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 02:26:21 PM

1. The code for bitcoin can't be edited, right?
Is it possible to decode bitcoin on the next future 50 years?

2. With the increase in the price of bitcoin, there are many new crpto-currency in the markets,
This bring to a new questions, since there are not authrity that can controlled crpto-currency,
those new crypto-currency will eventually create chaos in the market.
Especially in order to create wealth, those who have lots of money can suddenly enter the new crypto-currency,
due to a high demand and new crypto-currency will be more valued.
How bitcoin increase its value in a month in 2009.
And those wealth people are going to be more richer than before.
Do you agree that authority should be given to certain parties to control the flow of crypto-currency?
1. The bitcoin protocol and BlockChain cannot be changed, but the software is easily configured in different forms!
2. There are many crypto currencies, but they are just clones, nothing new provided, which will die soon and wouldn't affect the status of bitcoin. No ppl will demand this shit coins, even the wealthy.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 03:29:08 PM

1. The code for bitcoin can't be edited, right?
Is it possible to decode bitcoin on the next future 50 years?

2. With the increase in the price of bitcoin, there are many new crpto-currency in the markets,
This bring to a new questions, since there are not authrity that can controlled crpto-currency,
those new crypto-currency will eventually create chaos in the market.
Especially in order to create wealth, those who have lots of money can suddenly enter the new crypto-currency,
due to a high demand and new crypto-currency will be more valued.
How bitcoin increase its value in a month in 2009.
And those wealth people are going to be more richer than before.
Do you agree that authority should be given to certain parties to control the flow of crypto-currency?
1. The bitcoin protocol and BlockChain cannot be changed, but the software is easily configured in different forms!
2. There are many crypto currencies, but they are just clones, nothing new provided, which will die soon and wouldn't affect the status of bitcoin. No ppl will demand this shit coins, even the wealthy.
Bitcoin protocol can be changed, and it is designed to be able to change in the future to adapt better and more advanced technology. It is true that bitcoins developers alone have little power over it.
Since the release of Bitcoin v0.3, changes to the protocol have been minor and always in general agreement with bitcoin community. In the future we can see more dramatic changes.
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:25:36 PM

I think we would ourselves in the list of foolish if we keep on thinking that what is the value of bitcoin after 50 years??

Did you ever thought in late 90s that internet would be having this impact on individuals and corporates and its the same can't expect what bitcoin has to offfer. So lets keep it for short term and believe that it will grow rather then thinking for next 50 years.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:28:13 AM

I think we would ourselves in the list of foolish if we keep on thinking that what is the value of bitcoin after 50 years??

Did you ever thought in late 90s that internet would be having this impact on individuals and corporates and its the same can't expect what bitcoin has to offfer. So lets keep it for short term and believe that it will grow rather then thinking for next 50 years.

Did I fought in late 90s that internet would be having this impact on individuals and corporates?No but there were thousands of greeks around the world that were positive about it. Today we (at least 50% of us I think) are "bitcoin geeks" thinking on how BTC can change global finance in future Wink
French_Coin_Corporation

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:37:40 AM

Hello Everybody,

I think bitcoin becomes the stabilizer of changes euro-dollar.
Also bitcoin can be used by states or banks as a store of value comparable to gold.

French_Coin_Corporation

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:40:50 AM

you don't need to wait that many years, another two halving at best and you could easily tell if bitcoin is gonna die or not, we don't certainly need to wait until there are only fee mined by miners

Hi, do you know approximativly, the day when the number of bitcoin mined will be divized by 2?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:01:54 AM

Hi, do you know approximativly, the day when the number of bitcoin mined will be divized by 2?

http://bitcoinclock.com/ then the next one should be around same date but in 2020
French_Coin_Corporation

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:25:39 PM

http://bitcoinclock.com/ then the next one should be around same date but in 2020

ok ! thanks Wink

gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:42:45 PM

I think in about 5-10 years bitcoin is going to be global currency, it will depend however on governments decisions. They can either speed things up or slow them down, especially USA as its the biggest market. But also global corporations will have major impact on this as well (the more capabilities for customers the better).

Yeah. It will be a global currency in coming future. But can't afford to have faith in Government. I don't understand what's going through their minds. They should accept the change and should go with it as its going to change the entire scenario of the market in coming future.
FinerVapor

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 05:43:38 PM

For Bitcoin to make it as a global currency, we need people using BTC to purchase from small businesses to keep the circulation of BTC going.

As a small business owner that accepts mostly BTC I can say that " BTC is the gift that keeps on giving".

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:09:08 PM

Yeah. It will be a global currency in coming future. But can't afford to have faith in Government. I don't understand what's going through their minds. They should accept the change and should go with it as its going to change the entire scenario of the market in coming future.

I Don't think  it can be a global currency. As it will face many competition from new entrants in coming period of time. It's difficult to predict whether bitcoin will survive for 50 years or not the picture will clear in next 5 to 6 years whether bitcoin will survive or not.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:02:02 PM

I Don't think  it can be a global currency. As it will face many competition from new entrants in coming period of time. It's difficult to predict whether bitcoin will survive for 50 years or not the picture will clear in next 5 to 6 years whether bitcoin will survive or not.

Then you're travelling in a wrong boat man. Bitcoin will definitely future global currency. It will definitely face the competition from new technologies but it wont affect bitcoin. Just remember one thing 'Daddy is Daddy. And the value will reach the sky limit in coming period of time.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:18:44 PM

No, no one should control "the flow of crypto", thats what we are trying to solve with a transparent ledger (with options to be anonimized), open source project like Bitcoin. There will be no better alternative than Bitcoin, it will keep getting increasingly better, assimilating any competence. The goverment will remove cash and digitize everything, which as a consequence will put BTC out there even more. People will wake the fuck up.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:02:22 PM

I believe it is not a rubbish. Bitcoin can be a global currency depending upon the acceptance and the adoption of the society which also includes the full support from the Government and the banking systems. And though next 50 years is a very long span of time but that is possible.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: