Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:33:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is everyone so quiet?  (Read 4008 times)
Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:09:41 PM

Better quiet than being over-excited for nothing.

At this point there isn't anything new that is worth getting excited for.

I think 25 million Point of Sale terminals given the ability to accept Bitcoin is kinda exciting.

http://www.coindesk.com/ingenico-adds-bitcoin-option-to-pos-terminals/

Nice link Elwar.
This is exactly the type of news and action we need.
Even if non BTC people see this option for payment at the cash register and start asking questions, this is a HUGE plus for the ecosystem

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrollboxChamp

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:20:41 PM

Tis the calm before the storm, my friend.

Once Coinbase gets fully licensed in NY and Cali, once Gemini launches, once the COIN ETF finally launches, once Paypal launches...

Believe me, there will be alot of chatter once all this happens.  It's only January!   Cool

Let's just wait a few months and not worry too much about the price!

What is this news about PayPal?
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 08:35:05 PM

Tis the calm before the storm, my friend.

Once Coinbase gets fully licensed in NY and Cali, once Gemini launches, once the COIN ETF finally launches, once Paypal launches...

Believe me, there will be alot of chatter once all this happens.  It's only January!   Cool

Let's just wait a few months and not worry too much about the price!

What is this news about PayPal?

I think Braintree just recently launched their SDK for Bitcoin payment processing, which means PayPal's Bitcoin payment processor won't be far behind.  Should fully launch shortly:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paymentshub

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
ScreamnShout

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:41:51 PM

btc community is so active, its never quiet.  Cheesy
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:09:27 PM

Well there have been some technical glitches on Bitcointalk recently. That could be a lot of it. Well, that and I have a feeling that we're all holding our breath waiting for something to actually talk about. Tongue
µ (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:14:23 AM

Well there have been some technical glitches on Bitcointalk recently. That could be a lot of it. Well, that and I have a feeling that we're all holding our breath waiting for something to actually talk about. Tongue

We will see sir.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 09:00:08 AM

we are repeating the same shit every day, like a broken radio, no wonder that everyone has nothing to say anymore

bitcoin stagnancy does not hel here for sure...
Appleanimal

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 10:21:42 AM

Why is everyone so quiet?

psst, be quiet

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 10:34:54 AM

I am not sitting duck here, I know what's at the stake. This slow and steady rising is what is needed to establish the Bitcoin market in the world economy. And it will gradually bring more and more users and grow this community.

planetroving
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:18:32 PM

Maybe it's quiet because the rate of people leaving Bitcoin is increasing due to the decreasing value of Bitcoin? But I see a very active community here, so it's not quiet in my opinion.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 10:47:13 PM

Everyone's quiet doesn't mean it's end for bitcoin, though bear market really gave great suffer defeat for some bitcoin holder but that doesn't mean to stop promoting and believing on bitcoin. Bear market is just temporary and soon bull run will be making noise this end of the year so don't stop believing and keep holding because at the end of the tunnel will always be light of hope.

Royline

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:53:57 PM

I do not think they are quiet as you think, maybe they are preparing for an upcoming boom.
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:56:54 PM

Just because Bitcoin is not rising with a constant speed to an unreal value does not mean that everything that is related to the cryptocurrency world is going to pass away.

I think we should use our cryptocurrency knowledge and do something creative with it.

There are many things left to discover.

Edit:

For instance Dragon's Tale the bitcoin based MMO was created when BTC had almost no value at all and that was also the time when all the wonderfull creations was taking place. The higher value BTC got the more scripts was getting copied just to milk out the profit.

Memories from the good old times.

a community where people loved the new Bitcoin creation and not waiting for the value to go up or down.

In General, this is the right strategy - to create projects on bitcoin, while it is in decline. In the future, when the situation will improve and become more stable your business can soar to the skies. This is a really good idea! Only here's how to use it?

Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:58:58 PM

Everyone's quiet doesn't mean it's end for bitcoin, though bear market really gave great suffer defeat for some bitcoin holder but that doesn't mean to stop promoting and believing on bitcoin. Bear market is just temporary and soon bull run will be making noise this end of the year so don't stop believing and keep holding because at the end of the tunnel will always be light of hope.

Do you really believe that bitcoin is expecting big changes at the end of this year? I don't think it's as simple as it seems. If the explosion happens at the same time as that year, it will be too obvious for most. Possible explosion somewhere in January or February, when it would seem that hope is not really what.

jpnl0008

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 10:59:17 PM

Lol very funny though not everyone is quiet some persons are still very much active in this forum and am one here typing now but some are off cause its a bearish season right now so i guess they are taking a break for the time being
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:04:47 PM

Why are all you people necro bumping these old threads with dead accounts in them? Do you actually expect someone like the OP to respond to you when they’ve been gone for a long time?

Denton

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:05:45 PM

I wouldn't say it's quiet. People are still talking about bitcoin, still buying it. We have not lost faith in him, but there is nothing we can do. We just have to believe in him and wait.

smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:06:00 PM

I think we need more developers or marketers helping to create platforms or promote them.
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1702

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 06:50:38 PM

Why are all you people necro bumping these old threads with dead accounts in them? Do you actually expect someone like the OP to respond to you when they’ve been gone for a long time?

Agree with @QuestionAuthority that bad things happen in Bitcoin subforum. I thought that in this section is more quality discussions and is strongly moderated to fight with spam and abuse. When I see this thread and many other in Bitcoin section I don't see any difference with altcoins or general section.

Slowly bounties started to be not so profitable anymore and nobody signs up to airdrops because this coins and tokens are mostly worthless. Maybe because of that finally, only members really involved in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies movement will stay and continue posting on BitcoinTalk. Like a few years ago when there were pages of engaging discussions, tutorials, guides and insider promotions.

We already see less spam across subforums and everybody thought that this is because of the merit system introduced almost a year ago. I agree that merit had some impact of course but mostly situation with bounty campaigns and a significant drop in payouts will finally stop abusive new accounts registration, bots, and spam.

happy weblancer

Activity: 518
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:21:45 PM

Guys! You have noticed that this topic is almost 4 years old! Bitcoin then cost $ 300, and the market was really quiet. Now the situation has cardinally changed. But the question: "why so quietly" remained relevant.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: