Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Financial Choice - Looking for opinions.  (Read 2032 times)
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 08:12:15 PM

Yeah that link is about fixed rate bonds.  RSM for example is not a bond but a stock.  You buy a share ownership of the company, all assets and profits.  RSM is currently offering 1(GH/s) for BTC4.875 and will be saving 50% of profits to purchase more ASIC's.  So that the (MH/s) per share rate grows faster than the long term growth in network difficulty.

I understand that. I really mean that was terrible general advice. If you gave a specific stock, then we could talk, but "look on GLBSE for mining stocks" is more likely to lead him wrong than get him to a good ROI.

I'm not sure if I like RSM. They are issuing $2k in share dilution to buy a $1300 ASIC, and then they have the reinvestment clause. It is one of the better offerings out there, but I'm still not convinced. And you still have 3rd party risk.

Were offering 61.5(MH/s) per share or 1(GH/s) for BTC4.875 that's one of the best offers by any mining company.  We have paid for 2 SC-Singles and are about to pay for our third and we have funds towards our fourth.  So that'll be 160(GH/s) over 2600 shares.  We could go to 200(GH/s) over 3000 shares then we'd be offering 66.67(MH/s) per share or 1(GH/s) for BTC4.50.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:09:45 PM

Long story short, Im inheriting $5000, with this I am looking to turn a profit, should I invest it in bitcoin miners, or should I invest it in GICs and government bonds, or perhaps play with it in the stock market? Note: I am getting a bit ballsier with money, knowing how worthless it actually is.

Also, Im 24 years old, and I have to start thinking about my financial security for my future.

Investing in some safer mutual funds is a good way to go. Do yourself a life favor and spend a bit of time reading and researching about mutual funds and the stock market in general to get an idea of what is up. Typically.. if you do it right (as in excluding the 2008 crash and other recessions) 6-10% annually can be earned on the investment.

Bitcoin would be considered an incredibly high risk investment. Something that would be invested in by people who are absolutely willing to potentially lose all/a large % of the investment for the potential of great returns. If you buy at $12 now, you are betting against it crashing and going down to 3 cents in the future as well as hoping htat it'll take off and go to $20, $30, $40+ etc in the future.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌