Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:09:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For Those Wondering Why The Current Rally  (Read 10132 times)
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:59:43 AM

A person who claims to be day-trader says that he has been seeing large buys recently and it appears to him also that big players are moving in:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1bkhj5/it_cant_be_daytraded/

cjgames.com
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:04:13 AM

Well that's scary.

Elon Krusky
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:10:36 AM

The wealth transfer from holders of other stuff to holders of bitcoins is accelerating.

Figured I would let people know that the next 2-3 months are going to be extremely exciting with the bitcoin price. You may be tempted to sell but that may not be a very good idea and you will likely be regretting that decision six months from today. There is going to be a ton of funds flowing into Bitcoin.

Currently, there are a bunch of Silicon Valley VCs and Wall Streeters, at least 5-6 I am personally aware of, who are fighting over each other to establish multi-million dollar positions. But that amount of capital is going to look tiny compared to what is scheduled in about 2-3 months. The Bitcoin market, at current prices, is simply far far too small for these amounts of fund flows and why they are melting up the price by buying anything that appears for sale.

Heh!  Nothing could be more exciting than a feeding frenzy of well capitalized sharks in a market as tight as Bitcoin.

I really hope the Bitcoin community gets to benefit from this massive upcoming wealth transfer. To do so merely (1) hold onto your bitcoins, (2) restrict supply as much as you can (this is very important) and (3) make any of these newcomers pay dearly for whatever trickle of bitcoins you do choose to sell or spend.

Like I've mentioned before, 'parity' being defined as 1BTC/KG-Au sounds about right to me Wink

Thx for the heads-up.  Particularly if it is square and well founded.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:20:24 AM

Figured I would let people know that the next 2-3 months are going to be extremely exciting with the bitcoin price. You may be tempted to sell but that may not be a very good idea and you will likely be regretting that decision six months from today. There is going to be a ton of funds flowing into Bitcoin.

Currently, there are a bunch of Silicon Valley VCs and Wall Streeters, at least 5-6 I am personally aware of, who are fighting over each other to establish multi-million dollar positions. But that amount of capital is going to look tiny compared to what is scheduled in about 2-3 months. The Bitcoin market, at current prices, is simply far far too small for these amounts of fund flows and why they are melting up the price by buying anything that appears for sale.

Checkmate! Thanks for the info.
desper

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:35:56 AM

Take a look at the differential between the MtGox USD price and the price at BTCChina. The price at BTCChina has been about $15/BTC above the MtGox price in the last few days. It seems the buying in China is even more aggressive than at MtGox.
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:42:11 AM

Take a look at the differential between the MtGox USD price and the price at BTCChina. The price at BTCChina has been about $15/BTC above the MtGox price in the last few days. It seems the buying in China is even more aggressive than at MtGox.

And MtGox seems to be throttling the inflow of new funds (thanks to their "verification" process?) which is probably a good thing.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:52:06 AM

Heh!  Nothing could be more exciting than a feeding frenzy of well capitalized sharks in a market as tight as Bitcoin.

A perfect statement, that.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
sunnankar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 06:15:00 PM

A perfect statement, that.

Is this fun or what? And being right makes it even sweeter!  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: