Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:40:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China block VPN service  (Read 4196 times)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 03:14:56 AM

As per tons of report and official response, China is not only blocking SNS and google. They are now implementing a GFW upgrade to kill basically all VPN service. Rumour has it that the upgrade will be completed by April this year.

http://www.businessinsider.com/china-blocks-vpns-2015-1

http://news.ifeng.com/a/20150127/43031314_0.shtml

Personally, I could only access bitcointalk via VPN. If that's killed too, any other options?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zezt

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:57:13 AM

I applaud China for keeping the Western threats out of their country. 
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 09:03:03 AM

As per tons of report and official response, China is not only blocking SNS and google. They are now implementing a GFW upgrade to kill basically all VPN service. Rumour has it that the upgrade will be completed by April this year.

Personally, I could only access bitcointalk via VPN. If that's killed too, any other options?

Did China really blocked Google ? what Search engine does chinese people use then
Anyway , I don't think that you could much if VPN's are blocked , but you can try to buy a cheap VPS and use it to connect to bitcointalk?

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:00:34 AM

Did China really blocked Google ? what Search engine does chinese people use then
Anyway , I don't think that you could much if VPN's are blocked , but you can try to buy a cheap VPS and use it to connect to bitcointalk?
Sure, gmail also be blocked.
Chinese people use baidu search which is a garbage.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:05:56 AM

I'd try Tor via a bridge.
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:21:51 AM

They always trying to isolate themselves from outside, the government always try to keep their people follow chinise tradition.

People in there have to search harder way to access blocked website

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:41:50 AM

They always trying to isolate themselves from outside, the government always try to keep their people follow chinise tradition.

People in there have to search harder way to access blocked website
its all it teaches them to be a hacker or cracker smart and genius,
but also a bit naughty   Cheesy
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:46:16 AM

but where find no default tor bridges?

The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:54:40 AM

I got an e-mail in August from FightForTheFuture.org that prodded me to install a new program called Lantern.  The subject of the e-mail was "If half the people who get this email do this, we could end censorship forever".  I don't know if it applied to / would work in China or not, but maybe it would be worth looking into.  So you don 't have to search for it and potentially find the wrong thing, the e-mail ultimately linked to getlantern.org.
Bitcoinexp

Activity: 545

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:01:57 AM

Censorship is a hot topic in China now-a-days. On one hand it places china citizens in a protective bubble from such "western threats", on the other, well, no-one sane would like it. Kinda reminds me of a parent grounding the child from hanging out with some friends. This is the part in the movie where the villain is going to stomp on the main character's hands whose fingernails are digging deep into the dirt, the torso and legs pointing towards the chasm below.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:06:44 AM

but where find no default tor bridges?

Do a favor to yourself and read the page I linked.
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:50:08 AM

It's hard to understand from the articles, are they detecting and blocking all VPN connections, or just those from certain well-known providers?

P.S. Here's some interesting discussion of other things you could try: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7586775

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
crazykiddo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:59:09 AM

They can't block all vpn service, they can only do that if they blocked all encrypted transmission. You can buy a vps that is based outside china and connect to it using a teamviewer.
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:02:07 PM

They can't block all vpn service, they can only do that if they blocked all encrypted transmission. You can buy a vps that is based outside china and connect to it using a teamviewer.

What you said dosen't make sense , Why do he have VPS then connect to the VPS using TeamViewer instead of connecting Directly using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) simply ?

crazykiddo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:08:00 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2015, 12:18:27 PM by crazykiddo

What you said dosen't make sense , Why do he have VPS then connect to the VPS using TeamViewer instead of connecting Directly using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) simply ?

To me teamviewer is more secure than remote desktop protocol. RDP is only on windows, Teamviewer is available in many platforms, like windows, mac, oracle, linux, android, ios and many others.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:33:56 PM

This blocking operation basically kill most VPN services on cellphone including L2TP/PPTP/IPSec. Thank to my government , I'm have trouble in using VPN on my phone now, that on desktop works fine ,though.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:50:28 PM

This blocking operation basically kill most VPN services on cellphone including L2TP/PPTP/IPSec. Thank to my government , I'm have trouble in using VPN on my phone now, that on desktop works fine ,though.

I think, this would include Skype as well. Is china planning to go back to the stone age ?

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:58:39 PM

I applaud China for keeping the Western threats out of their country. 

Are you from China?
How's VPN a Western threat?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:25:49 PM

I think, this would include Skype as well. Is china planning to go back to the stone age ?

Not exactly , what they are doing is to keep their rule, and actually it's dictatorship.
nextblast

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:33:17 PM

Yes, it is now officially China Intranet, not Internet any more.  Cry Cry
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: