Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:02:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If I wanted to offer coding skills, what languages are most sought after?  (Read 1616 times)
michaeladair

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:06:47 PM

Another question, if I do have skills what are a good way to show a porfolio of skills? What does a average coder charge? is it done per hour or project?

It's usually not a flat rate or anything but you have to be competitive with your prices... For starters you should do what I do and offer free coding/tips accepted. FYI, If you aren't artistic don't get into front end web design too much. Go for backend, it's more fun.

\Not artistsic, what languages do I learn for backend?

PHP, Python, node.js... You should still learn HTML first for these though. But no wysiwyg shit, that won't help you at all... Stay away from those.

mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 03:14:59 PM

Okay awesome. Any coding schools that accept BTC by any chance Cheesy

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
michaeladair

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:19:44 PM

Okay awesome. Any coding schools that accept BTC by any chance Cheesy

I find it easiest to learn by experience, take on a mentor on here... That's kinda what I did...

mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 03:23:16 PM

Whom should I talk to regarding mentors?

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
michaeladair

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:30:13 PM

Depends what you wanna learn first, do you want to learn HTML? Which I reccomend, I can help you out a bit there... You could also ask on the services section I guess.

mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 04:09:05 PM

Depends what you wanna learn first, do you want to learn HTML? Which I reccomend, I can help you out a bit there... You could also ask on the services section I guess.

Looks like HTML/CSS is the best place to start, so yeah sure.

unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:38:15 PM

Another question, if I do have skills what are a good way to show a porfolio of skills? What does a average coder charge? is it done per hour or project?

It's usually not a flat rate or anything but you have to be competitive with your prices... For starters you should do what I do and offer free coding/tips accepted. FYI, If you aren't artistic don't get into front end web design too much. Go for backend, it's more fun.

\Not artistsic, what languages do I learn for backend?

if you are alone...
i mean in your activity,
learning language it is noth enough...
if you plan to develop application with basilar complexity,
you need to learn DB, SQL, apache...
and then python, php, javascript, html, css jquery...
and other little things!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
TheBeardedOne

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:06:14 PM

I am mentioning this from past experiences. In order to learn anything you need a goal as to what you are going to make, especially with programming.

After doing a couple of tutorials in programming you will notice that you now know a whole bunch of little things, but what I see in most people that try to program for the first time is that after tutorials they ask themselves: how does it fit in the big picture? How do I program something complex like a social network with these primitives?

I would recommend that you set out a challenge as to what you would like to build, do research as to what you need, google what languages/frameworks etc. are best suited for the job and start programming bit by bit..

Best of luck!
mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 09:10:22 PM

Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945185.msg10349738#msg10349738

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: