Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: rfc2  (Read 1816 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 10:04:12 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 03:46:20 PM by usagi

rfc2
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 11:14:27 AM

Nyancat it is. Sign me up.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 05:03:46 PM

Is there a buyback/contract change policy?
Will this negatively affect CPA holders (since the profits from NYAN are completely distributed there) or does NYAN pay a fee to CPA for insurance etc. that will end up at CPA share holders? The reason for this is that I like your ideas and enthusiasm of bringing new products on the market, but to me it seems athat soon you will become overwhelmed and stop to notice some crucial things (similar to goat sometimes...) or to inform your share holders of some developments - after all it seems to me that you are still a one man/girl/whateveridontcare show.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 08:46:07 PM

Is there a buyback/contract change policy?

yes, see OP -- Both Nyancat Financial and CPA will jointly maintain a bid wall near the NAV.

No, I meant a case of forced buyback, or is a forced buyback simply impossible?

Also how does Nyancat Financial get money in the first place?
Please tell me if the following is correct:
NYAN tries to have a ~balanced amount of NYAN.A B and C shares
NYAN sells these shares for 1 BTC each to CPA (<-- I'm not sure about this one)
CPA then sells these shares on the market at IPO time

In this case, NYAN can have money, if CPA just gets the shares without payment, where should the money in the NYAN account come from? All earnings from NYAN activities are paid to NYAN.X shares again...

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Mike Jones

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 06:21:27 PM

Will N. Financial be holding the Bitcoins through its own wallet(s) or will the coins be kept on the GLBSE?

I prefer the former.
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:16:17 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 03:44:43 PM by usagi

rfc
Lobstertorch

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:25:46 PM

FINAL VERSION: This will be sent to GLBSE in a few hours.

Where is it mannn I've been watching all morning xD
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:28:20 PM

Damn dude... It's been 11 minutes.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Lobstertorch

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:35:08 PM

01:16:17 AM
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:12:38 PM

01:16:17 AM

Oops.  Mine says 5:16 though... I've left mine in UTC.  You are on EDT apparently.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:58:37 PM

5. Dividends are paid weekly, to be paid within 30 days of the end of any unpaid calendar week.

This is not very clear to me.  Are you trying to allow yourself net 30 terms for dividend payments?

Perhaps you mean dividends accrue weekly, and will be paid within 30 days?

You really should make that more clear.  And preferably pick a specific day for dividend payments each week.

Since on glbse dividends go to the holders at the time payment is made, if you're paying dividends that were due 30 days ago, you're probably paying some of the wrong people (shares probably traded hands in the interim).

Maybe that's intentional?  It certainly creates a new wrinkle, one which could hurt your bonds' liquidity.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 03:35:40 AM

5. Dividends are paid weekly, to be paid within 30 days of the end of any unpaid calendar week.

This is not very clear to me.  Are you trying to allow yourself net 30 terms for dividend payments?

You really should make that more clear.  And preferably pick a specific day for dividend payments each week.

Since on glbse dividends go to the holders at the time payment is made, if you're paying dividends that were due 30 days ago, you're probably paying some of the wrong people (shares probably traded hands in the interim).

Maybe that's intentional?  It certainly creates a new wrinkle, one which could hurt your bonds' liquidity.

This part is confusing.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 03:56:44 AM

This is not very clear to me.  Are you trying to allow yourself net 30 terms for dividend payments?

You really should make that more clear.  And preferably pick a specific day for dividend payments each week.

Maybe that's intentional?  It certainly creates a new wrinkle, one which could hurt your bonds' liquidity.

This calendar week ends on the 4th on the turnover from saturday to sunday. As soon as that event happens, I have 30 days to pay that week's dividends (i.e. any dividends received during the previous calendar week of july 29th to august 4th inclusive).

GLBSE contracts are interpreted on an "at least this much" basis. I do intend to pay within 1-2 days, however this is a buffer zone I have created in case I am sick, unable to do anything, etc. It also forces anyone to wait 30 days before paying out on my behalf, so I don't lose control of the issue if I get into a car accident and can't type for 2 weeks (although there is a dead man's switch and you will be notified and dividends will be paid in any such case).

I figured that was the deal it was just a bit confusing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: