Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 03:35:00 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wich pool??? What to choose??  (Read 1547 times)
tvasconcelos

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:53:00 PM

Hi, i'm a bit confused and been trying a few pools to see what the differences are.

Can anyone enlighten me what pool or what should i be looking for with 450Mh/s? I believe that there are a few others with the same doubts.
I mean, should i be looking for a big pool with lots of hashing power, or a small pool with users in the same power range? and why?

Thanks
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Subo1977

Activity: 345

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 08:17:27 PM

Have a Look at

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84745.0

I provide a 1000Mbit+ Torrent-Seedbox in FR and a 500Mbit Box in NL for orginal Blockchain Bootstrap.dat download. and also for Armoryclient Torrent

Tips are welcome:  15MuGdPSXU62fEFE9XbBZN3UvJMHBDVBoy
[Tycho]

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 01:15:58 AM

Can anyone enlighten me what pool or what should i be looking for with 450Mh/s? I believe that there are a few others with the same doubts.
I mean, should i be looking for a big pool with lots of hashing power, or a small pool with users in the same power range? and why?
No, in most cases your hashrate is not important.
Things that matter:
  • How frequently do you want to get your rewards ?
  • Is reward variation caused by luck ok for you or you would prefer fixed payment per share (this almost means fixed reward per hour) ?
  • Do you care mostly about getting more bitcoins or helping to decentralize the network ?

Check this page: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 09:14:26 AM

Give the mt. red pool a shot. It's true pay per share (absolutely no variance) and 0% fee. I -just- started on it, and I have high hopes for it. It's been around for over a year.

tvasconcelos

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 09:37:52 AM

Hi, i'm on maxbtc.com, right now. Been on mining.bitcoin.cz, btcguild, eclipseemc... What i realize in some big pools is that the hash power is so much i don't have time to hash... specially in score based pools, i get almost nothing.

Of course i'm in this for some money, but i like the idea of bitcoin, and like the idea that it's not centralized. That's what i don't think it happens in those huge pools. I would solo mine if i hadn't so low hash power. I know all about the pool comparison, but that doesn't answer the question or doubt that i have.

A constant or reliable payment for my shares, on a weekly or monthly basis, the most profitable of course. At the moment i aim at 1 BTC every 4 or 5 days. 4.1235 days to be exact, with 0% fee. I want to make the most BTC with my current equipment. I'm not into trading, i want the actual bitcoins and want to trade with them.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 10:05:44 AM

Hi, i'm on maxbtc.com, right now. Been on mining.bitcoin.cz, btcguild, eclipseemc... What i realize in some big pools is that the hash power is so much i don't have time to hash... specially in score based pools, i get almost nothing.

Of course i'm in this for some money, but i like the idea of bitcoin, and like the idea that it's not centralized. That's what i don't think it happens in those huge pools. I would solo mine if i hadn't so low hash power. I know all about the pool comparison, but that doesn't answer the question or doubt that i have.

A constant or reliable payment for my shares, on a weekly or monthly basis, the most profitable of course. At the moment i aim at 1 BTC every 4 or 5 days. 4.1235 days to be exact, with 0% fee. I want to make the most BTC with my current equipment. I'm not into trading, i want the actual bitcoins and want to trade with them.

Ozcoin is a good choice for a primary pool.  I would then use Deepbit and/or BTC Guild as a backup pool and then another small pool and solo miner as the next two backup's.

I have a similar has rate as you and get a BTC every 3 or 4 days, maybe 4 to 5 now with the higher difficulty.  Sounds like your in line with your hash rate.
Happy hashing,
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.