Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 03:38:39 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wich pool??? What to choose??  (Read 1715 times)
tvasconcelos

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:53:00 PM

Hi, i'm a bit confused and been trying a few pools to see what the differences are.

Can anyone enlighten me what pool or what should i be looking for with 450Mh/s? I believe that there are a few others with the same doubts.
I mean, should i be looking for a big pool with lots of hashing power, or a small pool with users in the same power range? and why?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Subo1977

Activity: 327

Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 08:17:27 PM

Have a Look at

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84745.0

X       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo    X▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀███████
█████▀████░░░░░░▄████
█████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░▄████████
████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████████▀█▀██████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀████████
██████▄▄░░▄▄▄░░███████
████████░░███░░███████
████████░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░███▄░░██████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░░██████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
█████████▄█▄██████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
X[[]]X
[Tycho]

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 01:15:58 AM

Can anyone enlighten me what pool or what should i be looking for with 450Mh/s? I believe that there are a few others with the same doubts.
I mean, should i be looking for a big pool with lots of hashing power, or a small pool with users in the same power range? and why?
No, in most cases your hashrate is not important.
Things that matter:
  • How frequently do you want to get your rewards ?
  • Is reward variation caused by luck ok for you or you would prefer fixed payment per share (this almost means fixed reward per hour) ?
  • Do you care mostly about getting more bitcoins or helping to decentralize the network ?

Check this page: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 09:14:26 AM

Give the mt. red pool a shot. It's true pay per share (absolutely no variance) and 0% fee. I -just- started on it, and I have high hopes for it. It's been around for over a year.

tvasconcelos

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 09:37:52 AM

Hi, i'm on maxbtc.com, right now. Been on mining.bitcoin.cz, btcguild, eclipseemc... What i realize in some big pools is that the hash power is so much i don't have time to hash... specially in score based pools, i get almost nothing.

Of course i'm in this for some money, but i like the idea of bitcoin, and like the idea that it's not centralized. That's what i don't think it happens in those huge pools. I would solo mine if i hadn't so low hash power. I know all about the pool comparison, but that doesn't answer the question or doubt that i have.

A constant or reliable payment for my shares, on a weekly or monthly basis, the most profitable of course. At the moment i aim at 1 BTC every 4 or 5 days. 4.1235 days to be exact, with 0% fee. I want to make the most BTC with my current equipment. I'm not into trading, i want the actual bitcoins and want to trade with them.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 2296

Think for yourself

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 10:05:44 AM

Hi, i'm on maxbtc.com, right now. Been on mining.bitcoin.cz, btcguild, eclipseemc... What i realize in some big pools is that the hash power is so much i don't have time to hash... specially in score based pools, i get almost nothing.

Of course i'm in this for some money, but i like the idea of bitcoin, and like the idea that it's not centralized. That's what i don't think it happens in those huge pools. I would solo mine if i hadn't so low hash power. I know all about the pool comparison, but that doesn't answer the question or doubt that i have.

A constant or reliable payment for my shares, on a weekly or monthly basis, the most profitable of course. At the moment i aim at 1 BTC every 4 or 5 days. 4.1235 days to be exact, with 0% fee. I want to make the most BTC with my current equipment. I'm not into trading, i want the actual bitcoins and want to trade with them.

Ozcoin is a good choice for a primary pool.  I would then use Deepbit and/or BTC Guild as a backup pool and then another small pool and solo miner as the next two backup's.

I have a similar has rate as you and get a BTC every 3 or 4 days, maybe 4 to 5 now with the higher difficulty.  Sounds like your in line with your hash rate.
Happy hashing,
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.