Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:58:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sustaining prices versus dirty pump  (Read 1647 times)
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:03:41 PM

Some people like to say that the 3600 bitcoins being dumped is nothing, because of the volumes we see in exchanges are much larger.

That, misses the point, as 3600 is a dump constant put against short-term speculation. Who wins? At $300/btc, traders must pour $1,080,000 every day, for sustaining the price. That is indeed a total amount (no one needs to pump $1,080,000 single-handed), thus not necessary the most ridiculous value there is. But the speculator excitement is now very low. Therefore in order to bring bitcoin to great heights (A.K.A the moon) at the current inflation level, the pump must be legendary.  There simply isn't such a market.

Thus I conclude that we won't see ATH prices so soon, as permabulls like to claim.

This is correct and not even opinion but fact based on mathematics. I share this view. I think before halving sustainable price bottom will be in double digits. Random pumps should not go higher than 550$ in the most extreme case and such random pumps will drop as fast as they build up of course.

homo homini lupus

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 10:32:59 PM

Some people like to say that the 3600 bitcoins being dumped is nothing, because of the volumes we see in exchanges are much larger.

People saying that have no clue about trading. In the last 30 days 300 million LTC have been traded (10 times the current supply in coins)
Number taken from https://bitcoinwisdom.com

Tradevolume has pretty much NOTHING to do with supply and demand.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: