Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:40:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regret and depression  (Read 14864 times)
Mr Crabs

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 03:48:14 PM

Storage issues need to be addressed (the average person has no idea about the multiple layers of security that you have to implement for safe storage) and anonymity issues but apart from a few other minor things, I completely support and have faith in the bitcoin protocol. Though I do worry that if Satoshi were to dump his coins, bitcoin would be in serious troube.

Storage issues will easily be sorted in the future. There will be all sorts of hardware wallets with extra security (biometrics etc). If you have faith then try buy or earn as many coins as you can because we can still be early adopters. As for satoshi dumping his coins that is a concern but if he was going to do that he prolly will have done so a $1k.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:39:35 PM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.

even if you bough bitcoin in 2010 you had already sold it at 10 USD or 20 USD.  Kiss
Or not. You never know. But yeah most likely he would have never wanted anywhere near the 1.2k peak.
Jesu

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:43:24 PM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me. I've been involved in virtual economies for many years now (mmorpg gold exchanges) and if anyone should have had the foresight to become an early adopter of bitcoin it should have been me but instead I was wasting my time fucking around with virtual gold. I wake up every morning feeling depressed.

even if you bough bitcoin in 2010 you had already sold it at 10 USD or 20 USD.  Kiss
Or not. You never know. But yeah most likely he would have never wanted anywhere near the 1.2k peak.

It's easy to say in retrospect you would or wouldn't have sold but the same thing happens when buying in. People say oh if I would have invested in at as soon as you heard of it I'd be a millionaire etc, but the problem is they didn't. The people who have faith or take the risk are the ones that get rewarded and there's always people that didn't and regret their decision after the fact.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 04:58:49 PM

It's easy to say in retrospect you would or wouldn't have sold but the same thing happens when buying in. People say oh if I would have invested in at as soon as you heard of it I'd be a millionaire etc, but the problem is they didn't. The people who have faith or take the risk are the ones that get rewarded and there's always people that didn't and regret their decision after the fact.
^^
OP, this is the answer to your question boiled down to a few sentences.

Same as any other commodity, you can look at Gold and say "why did I not buy?" or Oil "why did I not sell?".
Also another fact: in order for someone to be rich other needs to be poor - and the truth is not many people is rich and will never be rich.
You need to realize this and if you don't like it, you need to work harder or smarter than the rest of the crowd.

Personally I do not believe in fiat, I think we will see a major collapse in our life time, so all those millions of dollars of you "could have had" could turn out to be worthless at the end of the day.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:37:45 PM

The Winklevoss own 1% of all bitcoins and they had the balls to hold all over the 1k peak, they didnt sell a single coin, thats determination to hold long term.
LifeOfRegret (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:07:24 PM

The Winklevoss own 1% of all bitcoins and they had the balls to hold all over the 1k peak, they didnt sell a single coin, thats determination to hold long term.

I don't know how much they bought them for but 1% of all bitcoins at $1200 is $252,000,000...makes my head spin. How much more money do they want?
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:18:13 PM

I don't know how much they bought them for but 1% of all bitcoins at $1200 is $252,000,000...makes my head spin. How much more money do they want?

it's sentences like above that make me have no sympathy for you. 
your overall view is of an immature 16 year old.
LifeOfRegret (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:23:41 PM

it's sentences like above that make me have no sympathy for you. 
your overall view is of an immature 16 year old.

No idea what in my sentence made you say that but hey I'm not far off 16 years old anyway
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 07:36:46 PM

I don't like the word entitled in my case. To me entitled is fitting of say a woman expecting special treatment because she has a vagina. Because the entitlement does and can receive the privilege. In my case who in the world is going to give me a million dollars even if I do feel entitled?

Sugarcoat it however you'd like, but what you feel is exactly what entitlement is. Majority of the people do want the life of the riches, nothing wrong with that. But you feel like you deserve it without having to do shit. You knew about bitcoin in the early days, yet did nothing about it and took absolutely no risk for it. So tell me again why the fuck you deserve it? And even then, you lost nothing from this, yet somehow it brings depression?

I'll make a conscious decision not to buy a lottery ticket, yet I deserve to hit jackpot. Now I'm depressed since that didn't happen. Your line of thinking right there.

neo9436

Activity: 211

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:43:21 PM

I'll make a conscious decision not to buy a lottery ticket, yet I deserve to hit jackpot. Now I'm depressed since that didn't happen. Your line of thinking right there.

Well said.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 07:58:58 PM

Well said.

Yep, end of discussion.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
subcoin

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:11:25 PM

First of all, OP is a drama queen.
Second, same as everybody else, he lacked the balls to actually do something "substantial" when it was required.

What if I tell you that you would get $1m in 3 years if you invest $8k right now?
Would you do it? No you wouldn't!
That's exactly the reason why you wouldn't invest $8k in BTC in 2012.
Basically, you still have the same problem right now as you've had 3 years ago.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:36:50 PM

If anyone should have become an overnight millionaire it should have been me.
Still can't get over this comment.
Is this what some youngsters today truly believe? That somehow they've got inside their head that world owes them something?

LifeOfRegret (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:37:34 PM

First of all, OP is a drama queen.
Second, same as everybody else, he lacked the balls to actually do something "substantial" when it was required.

What if I tell you that you would get $1m in 3 years if you invest $8k right now?
Would you do it? No you wouldn't!
That's exactly the reason why you wouldn't invest $8k in BTC in 2012.
Basically, you still have the same problem right now as you've had 3 years ago.

If I invest 8k today the price of the coin has to hit about 28k for me to become a millionaire. I don't see that happening.
LifeOfRegret (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:43:43 PM

Is this what some youngsters today truly believe? That somehow they've got inside their head that world owes them something?

I don't believe that the world owes me anything. My post is about me being in the right place at the right time several years ago but not taking action.
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:18:42 PM

I don't believe that the world owes me anything. My post is about me being in the right place at the right time several years ago but not taking action.

Your post is about being lazy and not willing to work for success.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 09:49:31 PM

Jumped in on time, but handled last 2 bubbles like a real retard. Hoping for 4th bubble, at least now I know what I will do, you best learn from your own mistakes. Finally, money is not that important in life if you're covering your basic needs.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
BitNerd

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:53:45 PM

Jumped in on time, but handled last 2 bubbles like a real retard. Hoping for 4th bubble, at least now I know what I will do, you best learn from your own mistakes. Finally, money is not that important in life if you're covering your basic needs.

What did you learn about dealing with bubbles? Now I'm curious.
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:58:28 PM

If you could see the future and know when it's a bubble, you could sell all your btc at the high point and then buy back twice as much BTC for the same amount of dollars. 

But that's risky.  It all boils down to whether you think BTC will survive.  If it survives, you can't go wrong buying and holding.  If you don't think it will survive, then you should probably sell it all now. 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
BitNerd

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:59:55 PM

If you could see the future and know when it's a bubble, you could sell all your btc at the high point and then buy back twice as much BTC for the same amount of dollars. 

But that's risky.  It all boils down to whether you think BTC will survive.  If it survives, you can't go wrong buying and holding.  If you don't think it will survive, then you should probably sell it all now. 

How could it possibly not survive?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: