Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FS] GS Server PSUs, boards & kits, Stickminers, GPU riser power, made in USA  (Read 15936 times)
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:16:39 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 03:55:28 PM by sidehack
Merited by HagssFIN (1)

So us guys here at GekkoScience have been working with server PSUs for going on three years. Since the beginning we've added some things, changed some things so we need a basic list of "here's everything we have". Info is sorta scattered all over the forum and, in some cases, outdated. So, here's the fresh and complete list.
All of our interface boards and cables are designed and assembled in-house using domestically-sourced materials. We do not endorse slavery.

PM me or email sales@gekkoscience.com for purchasing information

2Pac 2xBM1384 USB Stick Miner

This is an upgrade to the Compac stick miner, incorporating two mining ASICs instead of one. This means that, for the same total hashrate, each chip runs at a higher efficiency increasing the overall device efficiency substantially. This stick can hit 33GH from the same power the original Compac needed for about 22GH, a 50% increase. It's built for overclocking just like the original. The cgminer driver has been rewritten from the ground up to better support both this and the original 1-chip Compac for smoother operation.
The picture above is a prototype shot; the release version (shipping now) has a silver heatsink. I'll update that sometime.
Pricing: $30 each any quantity, $10 flat shipping per order.

Dual-Purpose DPS800/DPS1200 Interface Board

This board is designed to work with both DPS800 and HP Common Slot (PSU family with options from about 500 up to 1500W) edge-connector PSUs. It can be made with either 4-position screw terminals (two rows per rail, 16 screws total) or 12x PCIe 6-pin jacks for quick connectivity. The board uses the same 10-pin header common to all GekkoScience breakout boards, providing External Turnon, 3.3V Standby, POK and optional 5VDC aux supply. On this board, there is no Current Sense, Current Share or External Fan functionality. 5VDC aux supply is not populated on standard boards.

Pricing:

QTYPrice
1-9$32
10-24$30
25-49$28
50-99$27
100+$25
The additional 5VDC aux is $3 extra per board and may require additional lead time.

DPS1200 PSU Kit (S7/S9 compatible)

This kit includes one DPS-1200FBA 1200W-rates server PSU, one GekkoScience DPS812 board, and ten 18" PCIe double-ended 16AWG cables. Kit pricing is $80, a savings of around 10% over buying everything individually.
The DPS-1200FBA PSU is rated to deliver 900W from 120VAC and 1200W from 200-240VAC, but it's capable of better than that - I have run S4+, S7 and S9 miners off this supply. If you know what you're doing, voltage is internally adjustable from 11.8V-12.8V

PRICE: $80 each

PCIe to 5V/12V Adapter (4-Molex)

The board is built to take in 12V from two 6-pin PCIe jacks (though only one may be necessary depending on loads) and outputs both 5V and 12V on three 4-pin jacks. It is intended to convert 12V to 5/12V for 4-pin Molex peripheral connectors for powering GPU risers, hard drives and other things required by GPU rigs and standard PCs.
The board can, with moderate cooling airflow, support up to 20A on both 12V and 5V output lines simultaneously, making it quite capable for powering multiple GPU risers. The board has three screw holes for secure mounting. Pictured is a functional prototype; the final will be slightly different - output jacks will be straight (like the input jacks) and two LEDs will indicate the presence of input 12V and output 5V power.

PRICE: $15 each (cables not included, see below)

Cables

We also manufacture 16AWG and 18AWG cables in-house, with ends including PCIe 6-pin, 6+2-pin for GPUS, and 4-Molex for powered risers and peripherals, as well as a variety of crimp ends like #6 fork, 1/4" quick-connect, and ring terminals.
Sheathing may be available for an extra charge.

A standard PCIe double-ended cable, made with 16AWG wire and no sheathing, costs $3 for 18", $3.30 for 24" and $4 for 36". If you need something, PM me and I'll give you a bid.

Basic Miner Hosting

We operate a small hosting facility with an open shelf setup so any miner is welcome (not just rack-mountable units), and VPN remote access to all miners comes standard. Pricing is a flat $0.089 per KWh of use. Billing is monthly, no-contract.

Shipping

Shipping tends to be through USPS Priority, or FedEx for large domestic orders. Most small orders ship for $10. 750W kits ship in Medium Flat-Rate boxes, up to three to a box, for $15.

Coming Soon (I hope):
8-chip BM1384 Pod
14/16nm Compac and Pods
S1/3/5 refit boards with Bitfury
12Vin ATX adapter
12-28Vin ATX adapter
8-port USB hub with adjustable current limiting (0.5-3A)

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:04:20 AM

Great updated post Sidehack. I enjoy seeing the server power supply options being enhanced.

I am researching the efficiency of running a balanced load using the DPS-2000BB and in general what running a balanced load does for me. I hope to answer many questions for myself or prove them. It "sounds" better to run 3 2000 watt balanced power supplies with 90% efficiency rating on 240 than running the equivalent in 750 watt supplies on the same input. O(obviously you spend more on connectors and such, but at the end of the month does it make a difference on the power bill? That is what I would like to show myself anyway.

The work looks great, I appreciate you taking the time to talk with me, and look forward to working with you on projects the future.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:17:09 AM

I haven't done a whole lot of cross-comparisons there, but I do know forum user tolip_wen runs a lot of DPS-2000bb stuff in load-balance. He likes to put a 2KW load on a pair of coupled 2KW PSUs so they run at 50% load (which is at or near optimal efficiency point) and that gives inbuilt redundancy (as if one PSU kicks, the other can still handle the full load).

In general, staying around half power will get the best efficiency on most any switching power supply. I would also venture to say the DPS-2000 probably has a higher peak efficiency than the 750W, but for supplies in good condition it's probably less than two or three percent on average. At two percent difference (say, 91% vs 93%) and 2KW loading, this translates to a bit under 50W extra continuous draw, so about $3.50 per month extra. That's not terribly significant, but if your utility rates are high (that estimate is around ten cents per KWh) it adds up. Setup time and proper bus wiring add to initial costs as well, more substantially for the many-small-PSUs setup than for the few-large-PSUs setup.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:50:36 AM

Bump for we have approaching 100KW of power supplies in stock (including a fresh restock on DPS-2000bb) and ready to roll.

We also have 20KW of room available in the hosting facility, at a bit less than $100 per KW per month. We've handed off the proposal for increasing our capacity by 60KW and reducing rates to $72 per KW per month (to be specific, flat $.10 per KWh) and hope to hear favorable news on that soon.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:30:52 AM

As a note - we got approval for the electrical upgrade so hosting will be expanding.

Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:12:23 PM

Great products and a pleasure to deal with.
pokeyjones

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:17:34 PM

As a note - we got approval for the electrical upgrade so hosting will be expanding.

In line with the original post... is there a "here's everything we have" list for hosting?
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:33:15 PM

What would you like to know? I guess a lot of things would be answered with last fall's discussion when we set up hosting at the start, found in QuiveringGibbage's Hosting Directory and Reputation thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.msg7814500#msg7814500).

A few details are changed since the initial discussion - for instance, we're not charging for remote access. We have full credentialed VPN access to a /24 subnet per customer. The rate pricing as described is currently what we offer, but that'll be simplified to a flat KWh rate after the upgrade is completed and filled. There's no "discounted rate plans" or anything, where if you pay six months down you get a better rate or anything. Everyone is treated the same, everyone gets the same rate. I certainly wouldn't complain about paying in advance though, just throwing that out there.
We do have a 15KW-per-customer limit, mostly because we'd rather see many small miners get the benefit of low hosting fees than one already-rich dude. We'll probably up that to 20KW or so when we get the expansion completed.
The setup is open shelving, so we can take just about anything in. There's no requirement for it being a closed-box, stackable, rack-mountable what-have-you.
I also have some special racks set up just for Prismas, metal-wrapped for fireproofing and suspended for good airflow around all surfaces. To date I have had zero Prismas catch fire in my setup. That probably doesn't matter a whole lot anymore what with the refunds and Prisma 2.0, but hey. It's there if anyone needs it.

Any hosting customer in need of a power supply can purchase one of our server PSUs at a discounted rate. We'll probably also have discounted RPi available for machines requiring them.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:30:46 AM

Just booked up some space, but we still have 15KW of hosting space available.

All PSUs and interface boards are fully stocked, and we just got in a shipment of wire. We make our own cables, not ordered out in bulk from China or anything, so we can do custom batches with different connectors and lengths and such.

quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:50:19 AM

PMed you about some custom cabling Smiley
quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 02:30:49 AM

PMed you about some custom cabling Smiley

Cabling showed up today, top quality stuff here and the shipping doesn't get much faster than this!
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 02:39:48 AM

Yep. It was handy that I already had the ring connectors you required; that made the making of them no more difficult than our stock cables. Glad everything appears to be working well.

quakefiend420
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 02:53:28 AM

Yep. It was handy that I already had the ring connectors you required; that made the making of them no more difficult than our stock cables. Glad everything appears to be working well.

Yup, already running 2 SP20s on these PSUs now.   PCIe connectors aren't even warm. Smiley
firejuan

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 06:01:44 AM

I have purchased PSU kits and hosted mining equipment with Gekkoscience.  These guys provide excellent products and support.  Sidehack has always been willing to answer my noob questions with no detectable irritation  Wink.  I highly recommend utilizing them for your PSU needs or hosting.  Keep up the great work guy!

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:21:53 AM

We had a run on 750W stock last week, so we're out of boards. More materials have already been ordered, and we'll be assembling as soon as they arrive, but that leaves us about two weeks out from having solid stock. We have many PSUs in stock.

Cables are still available, and I can do custom configurations like bare ends or PCIe on both ends, whatever lengths you need.

We also still have good stock of DPS-2000BB boards and PSUs.

Ninetoe

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:38:44 PM

got 3 DPS-2000BB boards

never had a problem with them running for months now!

thank you gekkoscience Smiley
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:26:19 AM

As an update, parts are inbound to finish out the next batch of 750W boards. We've got the big stuff, now waiting on the little stuff so we'll be back in stock and selling by the end of this week. We still have some DPS2K boards available, and about a dozen DPS2K PSUs in stock.

Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:06:00 AM

As an update, parts are inbound to finish out the next batch of 750W boards. We've got the big stuff, now waiting on the little stuff so we'll be back in stock and selling by the end of this week. We still have some DPS2K boards available, and about a dozen DPS2K PSUs in stock.

Sidehack, I do not mean to steal business, but you had stated in a earlier thread that it was ok. So I ask, can I resell stock bought from you used or unused in the same thread? You had said yes before, I just want to make sure. I have more cables and converters coming out my ass than I know what to do with! Not to mention power supplies!!!!
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:24:50 AM

Yes, go right ahead. Also, Scrappy, I've been meaning to formally apologize for telling you to calm down about and be patient about the Technobit minion boards you ordered. Turns out I was quite wrong, and it only looked like they were actually working hard to get things taken care of. I never saw a single board of the 50-odd I was supposed to get for hosting for multiple customers. So yeah, you go right ahead and sell off those PSUs since I know that's what they were for.

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:45:51 PM

ADDITIONALLY - I have modded D750 PSUs (4 16AWG 18" cables hard-soldered, and an on/off jumper) for $32 for a limited time. I'm offering this with in mind the people who got burned by Bitmain's $99 price hike on S5s. I know it's not a lot but every bit helps, and that's what we at Gekkoscience try to do is help.

I have a limited quantity at present so it might take a day or two to ship. I think I can still ship the same as 750W kits, 3 PSUs to a $15 flat-rate box inside the US.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: