Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:05:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winklevii will become one of great capitalist barons of this century!  (Read 5538 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:43:15 PM

They discovered facebook, its only the number 1 site on the internet

They are early adopters of btc, do you think they will let this one slip away from their hands?

google is number 1 Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_popular_websites
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:47:01 PM

It just feels wrong to begin regulating Bitcoin. It will be diluted and mutated into a governmental financial instrument.

Iam with you 100% don't like this idea at all.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 04:42:12 PM

The Winklevoss twins have a track record of betting on the wrong horse.

What were those wrong horses?
They trusted Zuckerberg to code their social network ConnectU, he betrayed them and ran away with the idea: fail.
They invested in BitInstant but it went bust as the founder got prosecuted for money laundering: fail.
They are starting an official bitcoin exchange but it's already too late because CoinBase has the first mover advantage and backing from NYSE: fail.
They invested millions over millions in Bitcoin without realizing that it is crippled by technical limitations and already earmarked for replacement by newer and better technology: fail.

The only mistake they made was to trust Zuckerberg when they were teensgers imo
They have amassed a fortune already, more money than most people will ever see in their dreams

1.2 million Facebook shares -  win
1% of the total btc -  win
Their own regulated exchange -  win
First btc etf (if approved)  - win
Made money from bitinstant but avoided the legal issues unlike Charlie - win
They also have tens of  millions of dollars in cash if not hundreds so even if everything imploded tomorrow they would be fine - win

Seem to be doing OK for a couple of young guys.... But I'm sure you could do it better, right?

elite uni - win
gold medals - win

its funny when people say they are not successful or they are always the "losers"  Grin

turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:44:11 PM

They trusted Zuckerberg to code their social network ConnectU, he betrayed them and ran away with the idea: fail.
They invested in BitInstant but it went bust as the founder got prosecuted for money laundering: fail.
They are starting an official bitcoin exchange but it's already too late because CoinBase has the first mover advantage and backing from NYSE: fail.
They invested millions over millions in Bitcoin without realizing that it is crippled by technical limitations and already earmarked for replacement by newer and better technology: fail.

They have amassed a fortune already, more money than most people will ever see in their dreams

1.2 million Facebook shares -  win
1% of the total btc -  win
Their own regulated exchange -  win
First btc etf (if approved)  - win
They also have tens of  millions of dollars in cash if not hundreds so even if everything imploded tomorrow they would be fine - win

Seem to be doing OK for a couple of young guys.... But I'm sure you could do it better, right?

elite uni - win
gold medals - win

I just looked them up on Wikipedia. They don't seem to have done anything besides Facebook and winning a gold metal.
I expected more ...

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 04:55:19 PM

1.2 million Facebook shares -  win
1% of the total btc -  win
Their own regulated exchange -  win
First btc etf (if approved)  - win
They also have tens of  millions of dollars in cash if not hundreds so even if everything imploded tomorrow they would be fine - win

elite uni - win
gold medals - win

I just looked them up on Wikipedia. They don't seem to have done anything besides Facebook and winning a gold metal.
I expected more ...

ROFL

T ell us What have you done then ? Cheesy
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:20:31 AM

Does anyone here know anything about the politics of these two? Are they libertarians, or just lucky rich kids who bought a shit load of BTC at the right time and now intend to milk it for all its worth?

There are many scammers, many technologists and many philanthropists plus a huge number of greedy get rich quick kids in the is community.

Where do Winklevii fit in?

honkies from the east coast, most likely dyed in the wool conservatives.
These type of American Upper Class people, when they go into business, tend to donate $$$ to BOTH democrat and republican incumbents. Its called hedging their bets. Which ever party wins, they are golden.

Their politics are "Always back the winner"
lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:10:05 AM

Does anyone here know anything about the politics of these two? Are they libertarians, or just lucky rich kids who bought a shit load of BTC at the right time and now intend to milk it for all its worth?

There are many scammers, many technologists and many philanthropists plus a huge number of greedy get rich quick kids in the is community.

Where do Winklevii fit in?

honkies from the east coast, most likely dyed in the wool conservatives.
These type of American Upper Class people, when they go into business, tend to donate $$$ to BOTH democrat and republican incumbents. Its called hedging their bets. Which ever party wins, they are golden.

Their politics are "Always back the winner"

You mean the only thing we can trust about them is their selfish greed?  Ohhhh skips for joy

was hoping for the environmental philanthropist option.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:39:46 AM

Hmm.... market cap of $400b IF it becomes one of the major players in money transfer.

I am skeptical. It has been 7 years already. The growth seems to be downward.  Angry

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/07/business/stock-trading-remains-in-a-slide-after-08-crisis.html?pagewanted=all

Trading in the United States stock market has not only failed to recover since the 2008 financial crisis, it has continued to fall. In April, the average daily trades in American stocks on all exchanges stood at nearly half of its peak in 2008: 6.5 billion compared with 12.1 billion, according to Credit Suisse Trading Strategy.

The decline stands in marked contrast to past economic recoveries, when Americans regained their taste for stock trading within two years of economic shocks in 1987 and 2001.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:55:02 PM

You mean the only thing we can trust about them is their selfish greed?  Ohhhh skips for joy

At least they will be predictable.
Greed is what drives this market forward.  Smiley
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:17:37 PM

At least they will be predictable.
Greed is what drives this market forward.  Smiley

Greed and selfishness not only  drives the markets but the world itself
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:10:32 PM

In case anyone missed the interview here it is in youtube format:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEIPzl4Bx5I

I couldnt watch it from the cnbc web por some reason.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:21:35 PM

What would be the price of 1 coin if Bitcoin reaches 1 trillion marketcap?
Is this realistic or the Winklevii are aiming too high?
dyalldough

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:48:56 PM

Sounds like a lot of artificial hip just to market their brand.
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:08:05 PM

You can calculate it yourself what happens when Bitcoin takes different market shares:
http://worldbitcoinnetwork.com/BitcoinPriceModel-Alpha.html

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:36:00 AM

I was so amazed to see their interview today after they presented their ETF project!

They said if bitcoin market cap would be 400 billion if it becomes major among money transfer(visa,mastercard).

marketcap would be in trillions if it disrupts Gold..

They hold 1% of all bitcoin total supply!

They are taking bitcoin to wall street and comply with regulations to create the first ever ETF for bitcoin so all the banks and wall street major billionaires can now invest in bitcoin..

In the coming decentralized world which will be made up of key technologies like drones, 3d printing, autonomous agents we can be sure that the blockchain technology will be like how electricity was to the 20th century...

bitcoin will be the token of value in future...

they will be the masters of decentralized revolution!

If they were smart they would have sold when Bitcoin hit $1000, if they are still holding after that then they aren't good venture capitalists.

How do you sell 1% of bitcoin without bringing the market to .01
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:01:35 AM

I was so amazed to see their interview today after they presented their ETF project!

They said if bitcoin market cap would be 400 billion if it becomes major among money transfer(visa,mastercard).

marketcap would be in trillions if it disrupts Gold..

They hold 1% of all bitcoin total supply!

They are taking bitcoin to wall street and comply with regulations to create the first ever ETF for bitcoin so all the banks and wall street major billionaires can now invest in bitcoin..

In the coming decentralized world which will be made up of key technologies like drones, 3d printing, autonomous agents we can be sure that the blockchain technology will be like how electricity was to the 20th century...

bitcoin will be the token of value in future...

they will be the masters of decentralized revolution!

If they were smart they would have sold when Bitcoin hit $1000, if they are still holding after that then they aren't good venture capitalists.

How do you sell 1% of bitcoin without bringing the market to .01

slowly ,very slowly .........
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:23:31 PM

You can calculate it yourself what happens when Bitcoin takes different market shares:
http://worldbitcoinnetwork.com/BitcoinPriceModel-Alpha.html
Sick website. But even if you turn all the sliders up Bitcoin is not 1 million dollars.
Are Winklevoss tripping when they aim for a trillion dollar marketcap??
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:41:52 PM

You don't really seem very libertarian. Are you sure this is the right currency for you?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: