Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:51:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you are waiting for the "despair phase" to buy like in 2011 consider this  (Read 10237 times)
Mineras

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:02:42 AM

Wrong. Who compares the Tulip mania with Bitcoin have no idea what they are talking about.

When you talk about tulips, you could plant them anywhere and as much as you want, therefore you would have an unlimited amount of supply.

So when the price went up, the farmers and who ever was in the industry started making crops of tulips like if there was no tomorrow.

The result was that the market was flooded with tulips and therefore the price collapsed to 0.

Now, when you look at Bitcoin, it is not like that.

First you cannot "Plant" as many coins as you want, second the mining reward halves every 4 years, which makes it more and more scarce every 4 years.

Thats the beauty of Bitcoin, its supply is mathematically controlled, there is no way to escape it.

If you are now in your mid 20s and you want a good retirement in 30 years, just buy now $1000 worth of Bitcoins, thats all you need.

Sit back, relax, and watch history being made.

Thanks Satoshi.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:14:54 AM

Wrong. Who compares the Tulip mania with Bitcoin have no idea what they are talking about.

When you talk about tulips, you could plant them anywhere and as much as you want, therefore you would have an unlimited amount of supply.

So when the price went up, the farmers and who ever was in the industry started making crops of tulips like if there was no tomorrow.

The result was that the market was flooded with tulips and therefore the price collapsed to 0.

First you cannot "Plant" as many coins as you want, second the mining reward halves every 4 years, which makes it more and more scarce every 4 years.

Thats the beauty of Bitcoin, its supply is mathematically controlled, there is no way to escape it.

If you are now in your mid 20s and you want a good retirement in 30 years, just buy now $1000 worth of Bitcoins, thats all you need.

Thanks Satoshi.

Exactly! There is some risk Bitcoin will not succeed but Bitcoin has everything to succeed so it should.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:39:30 AM

Thanks Satoshi.

$1000 is 3.3 btc
who wants to wait 30 years to retire  wealthy ?

buy a few more ,no ?
NotHatinJustTrollin (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 10:23:41 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 03:36:43 PM by NotHatinJustTrollin

I little bump for my bull friends.

Waiting for the "despair phase" to buy and trying to buy at the "capitulation bottom" expecting a new rally was maybe potentially profitable when price was at $2, or when it was at $50. On the other hand trying to do the same now at $150 after having reached $1200, a ridiculous pump&dump and an unsustainable level that requires enormous amounts of money pouring in exchanges every day, might not be that smart Smiley

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:45:29 PM

Dotcom bubble

NotHatinJustTrollin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 10:59:03 PM

NASDAQ composite  ≠ dotcom bubble

You shouldn't post a chart of the NASDAQ composite, you should post a chart of World.com or Pets.com.

Compelling.  Continue holding WorldCom.

Never did.  Just pointed out that if (NASDAQ Composite)=(crypto) => (a company listed on NASDAQ, e.g. WorldCom)=(Bitcoin).  Seems self-evident, no?

The analogy of the internet works because bitcoiners represent the dudes that during early internet days wanted to buy “shares of the internet”, but since you can’t technically do that, they stick to pets.com because at least that investment could make them rich quick, in theory.
The analogy works perfectly.

ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:03:30 PM

NASDAQ composite  ≠ dotcom bubble

You shouldn't post a chart of the NASDAQ composite, you should post a chart of World.com or Pets.com.

Never did.  Just pointed out that if (NASDAQ Composite)=(crypto) => (a company listed on NASDAQ, e.g. WorldCom)=(Bitcoin).  Seems self-evident, no?

The analogy of the internet works because bitcoiners represent the dudes that during early internet days wanted to buy “shares of the internet”, but since you can’t technically do that, they stick to pets.com because at least that investment could make them rich quick, in theory.

Good job Nothatinjusttrollin, you just pulled off the impossible: you managed to get on my ignore list. I've been here for a long time already, and so far only 3 people or so ever made it to my ignore list, which means you have to do your very best to make it actually happen. Constantly repeating the same message ad nauseum serves no purpose at all.

Yes Nothatin, the price will go down MUCH further, but no one needs that exact same message every hour.
NotHatinJustTrollin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 11:04:55 PM

NASDAQ composite  ≠ dotcom bubble

Good job Nothatinjusttrollin, you just pulled off the impossible: you managed to get on my ignore list. I've been here for a long time already, and so far only 3 people or so ever made it to my ignore list, which means you have to do your very best to make it actually happen. Constantly repeating the same message ad nauseum serves no purpose at all.

Yes Nothatin, the price will go down MUCH further, but no one needs that exact same message every hour.
Sorry to hear that. I try not to post the same message every hour, I try to post arguments that are usually decently variegated.
For example now with the dotcom analogy, on the other thread regarding longs and shorts on bitfinex, and on another of my threads talking about bid and ask sums on all exchanges over time, etc.
I try not to be boring  Grin

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:50:13 AM

the difference between tulips and bitcoin is, tulips can be infinitely multiplied, bitcoins can't.
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:58:55 AM

WHAT.?

And I just sold all of my bitcoins for tulips. ..  Sad
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:30:53 PM

the difference between tulips and bitcoin is, tulips can be infinitely multiplied, bitcoins can't.

Bitcoin can be infinitely multiplied, see: hardfork.  If the 7TPS limit could be fixed by forking Bitcoin, so could the 21 mil coin limit.

Bitcoin is flawed at the very basic conceptual level--its security hinges on an [unreasonable] assumption that the interests of the miners are identical to the interests of the hodlers.
At the time of CPU mining, it may have been so, but with today's ASIC megamines it no longer holds.

Imagine being an owner of such a mining farm, having huge hangars full of [soon to be unprofitable to run] gear.  Bigger block rewards would clearly be more profitable for you, regardless of the fact that selfsame rewards would debase BTC in the long run Undecided
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:09:15 PM

difference is BTC is a innovation, and tulips are just another flower that will be around forever
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: