Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:29:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pools in Dogie's Comprehensive Guides [Jan'15]  (Read 3544 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 09:39:53 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 01:49:37 PM by BadBear

What is being auctioned? Why?
Its recently been brought to my attention that the 'pool information' section within my setup guides may have been unfair as only a small number of pools were arbitrarily chosen and displayed. In order to fix this, I will be holding monthly public auction between the major pools in order to decide which pools are displayed and in what order.

Ad Format

• There are 3 pool slots for sale.
  • Final bidding order matters - the top bid will receive the first slot, the middle bid the second slot and the lowest bid the third slot.
  • The ads are to last from the 1st January to the 31st January, during which impressions are projected to be 500,000 per slot.
  • This traffic is as targeted as can be - to those who have just bought miners and are looking to set them up and direct them towards a pool.
  • Pool slots feature a direct registration link and quick startup information.

Auction Format

• Auction will run for approximately 15 days, to end at midnight London time / 3PM PDT / 6PM EDT on Wednesday 31st December.
  • Post your bid in this thread stated in BTC. If two people bid at the same price, the person who bid first will have his slot filled first.
  • Bidding starts at BTC 1.0. All bids must be evenly divisible by BTC 0.2.
  • Only pre-approved pools on the below list are accepted, if your pool is not on the list please contact me.
  • You must pay for your slots within 48 hours of receiving the payment address. Otherwise your slots may be sold to someone else. I will send you the payment information via forum PM from this account ("dogie", user ID 87869). You might receive false payment information from scammers pretending to be me. They might even have somewhat similar usernames. Be careful.

I reserve the right to reject bids, even days after the bid is made. You must pay for your slots within 24 hours of receiving the payment address otherwise your slots may be sold to someone else. I will send you the payment information via forum PM from this account ("dogie", user ID 87869). You might receive false payment information from scammers pretending to be me. They might even have somewhat similar usernames. Be careful.

Taxes
There is only tax due to UK bidders, and there is no additional cost to anyone (apart from me). Just clarifying to making sure its a level playing field and collecting any legally required taxes.

US and rest of world   - bid as normal, no VAT.
VAT registered UK businesses - will be invoiced an additional 20% VAT on bid prices [which they can later reclaim at no cost]
VAT registered EU businesses - bid as normal, please let me know your VAT registration number.
Non VAT registered UK          - bid as normal, I will pay 20% tax and take the hit.
Non VAT registered EU          - bid as normal

Dogie's Miner Setup Guides:
Dogie's USB Setup Guides:

Antpool Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum+tcp://stratum.antpool.com:3333
User    : username.worker or username_worker - auto creates workers!
Password: anypassword
Bitminter Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333
User    : username_worker
BTCGuild Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333
User    : username_worker
GHash IO Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333
User    : username.worker  - auto creates workers!
Eligius Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334
User    : payoutbitcoinaddress
Discus Fish Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum+tcp://stratum.f2pool.com:3333
User    : username or username.worker  - auto creates workers!
PolMine Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum+tcp://api.polmine.pl:4012
User    : worker
Password: password
Slush Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum+tcp://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333
User    : username.worker
Password: password

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 09:40:22 AM

On behalf of AntPool: 1 @ 1.0

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 02:23:11 PM

Primary auction has ended:

1: AntPool
2: Empty
3: Empty.

Auction will continue throughout the duration of January for slots 2 and 3, with the next bids winning the next available slot.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 02:10:45 AM

Auction has ended.

February auction can be found here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: