Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:02:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CV2] ColossusCoin2.0 | Yobit.net | NovaExchange - Swap to COLX is closed  (Read 116131 times)
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 10:29:10 AM

Did you have time to look into the reason of the new wallet being so heavy on RAM usage (see my previous post)? It smells like some kind of accidental/unintended change (bug or unntended usage of some library, or linking issue), as I believe no real intended code change or added feature (except really super-major one) could bring to such huge increase of resource usage.

Not that this is a huge problem, but as a quality programmer (which I am sure you are), I think you should be interested in optimizing resource usage, or at least not letting a typo in the code to blow up the resource usage 2-3 times. I am programmer myself, and such increase is a red flag for me, calling for code review.

... this space is not for rent ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:33:25 PM

Did you have time to look into the reason of the new wallet being so heavy on RAM usage (see my previous post)? It smells like some kind of accidental/unintended change (bug or unntended usage of some library, or linking issue), as I believe no real intended code change or added feature (except really super-major one) could bring to such huge increase of resource usage.

Not that this is a huge problem, but as a quality programmer (which I am sure you are), I think you should be interested in optimizing resource usage, or at least not letting a typo in the code to blow up the resource usage 2-3 times. I am programmer myself, and such increase is a red flag for me, calling for code review.

I haven't had too much ram usage with the CV2 wallet, I wouldn't really call myself a quality programmer.

My experience is purely from trial an error since I became part of Bitcointalk so I have about a year and a half of coding experience and same amount using Linux.

I found the error, I missed adding in bool mintablecoins in miner.cpp, it should be

line 545:   while (vNodes.empty() || IsInitialBlockDownload() || !pwallet->MintableCoins())

I committed it to the source, it should fix the issue.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 01:19:39 AM

I also fixed the statistics page to correctly read the moneysupply and easier to read Block Rewards.

drays
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 09:39:39 PM

I haven't had too much ram usage with the CV2 wallet, I wouldn't really call myself a quality programmer.

My experience is purely from trial an error since I became part of Bitcointalk so I have about a year and a half of coding experience and same amount using Linux.

I found the error, I missed adding in bool mintablecoins in miner.cpp, it should be

line 545:   while (vNodes.empty() || IsInitialBlockDownload() || !pwallet->MintableCoins())

Thanks for your work, Crestington. You are modest, but I indeed think you are quality programmer, even if you are not expert in programming yet: quality-oriented person (the most important thing) + programming skills will make quality programmer over time.

Back to the topic - your change does not fix the memory issue. However I have done some testing which should be helpful:

Here are my findings:

1. the huge increase of memory usage happens even if there is no blockchain downloaded yet (I deleted all files in "Roaming" dir, restarted wallet, but the RAM usage is still big). So this issue is not related to blockchain memory usage.

2. Important: The bug increase in memory happens ONLY in "Default" theme!!! All other themes have the same memory usage as old wallet.

3. I went further and deleted "black.jpg" in "Default" folder. After restarting of teh wallet, the memory size was small (about 1xx MB). Pit back the "black.jpg", restarted wallet, and the memory size was hige (4xx MB)!!

So somehow the usage of this "black.jpg" which is just 2 MB by itself, brings to the program RAM usage increse of about 250-300 MB!

I hope those findings would help to identify the issue...

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:23:37 AM

line 545:   while (vNodes.empty() || IsInitialBlockDownload() || !pwallet->MintableCoins())

Thanks for your work, Crestington. You are modest, but I indeed think you are quality programmer, even if you are not expert in programming yet: quality-oriented person (the most important thing) + programming skills will make quality programmer over time.

Back to the topic - your change does not fix the memory issue. However I have done some testing which should be helpful:

Here are my findings:

1. the huge increase of memory usage happens even if there is no blockchain downloaded yet (I deleted all files in "Roaming" dir, restarted wallet, but the RAM usage is still big). So this issue is not related to blockchain memory usage.

2. Important: The bug increase in memory happens ONLY in "Default" theme!!! All other themes have the same memory usage as old wallet.

3. I went further and deleted "black.jpg" in "Default" folder. After restarting of teh wallet, the memory size was small (about 1xx MB). Pit back the "black.jpg", restarted wallet, and the memory size was hige (4xx MB)!!

So somehow the usage of this "black.jpg" which is just 2 MB by itself, brings to the program RAM usage increse of about 250-300 MB!

I hope those findings would help to identify the issue...

You mention that you deleted the files in the roaming folder which says that you are using Windows. That small change for "bool mintable Coins" means it checks for Coins that are able to be minted, otherwise it is using ram needlessly. I have not compiled the Windows binary yet, the change exists in the main sourcecode.

I have heard of a similar issue before in HyperStake where some people were mentioning they were getting an increased amount of orphans with some theme's over others.

This is interesting, try just resizing the image and see how it affects the CPU load, you can go for 640 X 480 and that would make the image about 30 kb.

I do think about efficiency and CPU load which is why the CV2 Blockchain was made with 2 minute Blocktimes and slightly restrictive fees so that it's base growth is about 150mb a year. POS only is actually even more efficient than POW for the reason that you solo mining it so it isn't adding the extra data to the Blockchain when pools are splitting up shares of Blocks mined.

Thank you for pointing this out, I might not have noticed it otherwise. Do you have an address? and I'll send you some Coins for your help Smiley
drays
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:11:19 PM

Sorry for taking so long to reply... I have too little free time on the weekdays..

Yes, I resized the image (to 3k Smiley ), and the RAM usage dropped considerably, almost to the level of the old wallet. Probably it makes sense for you to provide a smaller image with the next release.

Regarding the address for coins.. Smiley Sure I have one.., but I just have fun with this coin, no need to pay me for that Smiley Many thanks for the offer anyway! Smiley

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:05:54 PM

Sorry for taking so long to reply... I have too little free time on the weekdays..

Yes, I resized the image (to 3k Smiley ), and the RAM usage dropped considerably, almost to the level of the old wallet. Probably it makes sense for you to provide a smaller image with the next release.

Regarding the address for coins.. Smiley Sure I have one.., but I just have fun with this coin, no need to pay me for that Smiley Many thanks for the offer anyway! Smiley

Yeah for me I just like doing work on this Coin and adding new stuff, see what comes of it. I would like to sell about $40 worth of Coins though so I can get the new Windows and Mac binaries built.
tZKtdvt6

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

Developer

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:45:04 AM

Here you have a screenshot of the wallets working, the CV2 is very efficient, but bitcoin wallet spend more ram, I hope you enjoy a lot.

drays
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 01:28:17 PM

Here you have a screenshot of the wallets working, the CV2 is very efficient, but bitcoin wallet spend more ram, I hope you enjoy a lot.

Which theme do you have on the ColossusCoin wallet? In any case on your PC wallets are eating way less RAM than on mine... A bit strange, but possibly this come down to the versions of system libs.

tZKtdvt6

Developer

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:32:57 PM

Which theme do you have on the ColossusCoin wallet? In any case on your PC wallets are eating way less RAM than on mine... A bit strange, but possibly this come down to the versions of system libs.

As the theme which is set by default is very good, clear, and friendly, I haven't tried to set other theme, I already have given the answer to you, then I hope it be of help too.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:23:26 AM

I think I may have found the source of the extra RAM usage in that

in wallet.cpp line 1686

it should be

if(GetTime() > out.tx->GetTxTime() + nStakeMinAge)

instead of

if(GetTime() - out.tx->GetTxTime() > nStakeMinAge)

I have been trying to clean up the stake time estimates and pull my latest changes from PayCon, but there is one bug I am having a hard time to identify and fix and it's driving me crazy.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 06:21:16 PM

I pushed the latest changes to this branch https://github.com/Crestington/ColossusCoin2/tree/Wallet-Work

I still am not sure where this RAM issue is that you guys have been experiencing but I was getting it where during the initial download, it would be trying to mint Coins but wouldn't and then hang as a result. If I were to remove my wallet and sync without it I would get no issues so somewhere it is trying to mint Coins.
tZKtdvt6

Developer

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:02:25 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 07:24:53 PM by tZKtdvt6

Hello Crestington!,
Please, could you upload anyplace to give us a compiled ColossusCoin2d.exe?
It would be very good!
Thank you very much.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:26:25 PM

Hello Crestington!,
Please, could you upload anyplace to give us a compiled Colossus2d.exe?
It would be very good!
Thank you very much.

I have been working out my own build kit so I don't have to rely on others but currently stuck on the qrencode :S

Last few days I've been working a new job, still plugging away at it and asking for help, googling as much information as I can.
tZKtdvt6

Developer

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:31:49 PM

Is there any way to do automatic transactions with CV2 Coins?

tZKtdvt6

Developer

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:33:49 PM

I mean send coins automaticly to other account.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 09:22:57 PM

With Windows or Linux?
tZKtdvt6

Developer

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 09:30:46 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 09:41:18 PM by tZKtdvt6

With Windows or Linux?

Are there these both possibilities? Could you explain shortly both please?
Thank you very much.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 02:57:49 PM

With Windows or Linux?

Thank you very much.

For Linux it's pretty easy in that you can create a bash script using your terminal/daemon

***You can navigate to your ColossusCoin2 directory

cd ColossusCoin2/src

***Then you can create your script as whatever name you want, in this case we can call it send.sh

nano send.sh

***It will then open up a blank file and you can copy in your script, in this case we can have it execute 30 times, send 5000 Coins every 600 seconds

#!/bin/bash

for n in {1..30}
do
./ColossusCoin2d sendtoaddress ChgfiA4ijs5aXt9iEpFnKwMSzMVLyMTk5e 5000
sleep 600
done

***Then press ctrl+o to save the file

***Then we want to create it as an executable file

chmod +x send.sh

***Then we can run the script in the background using nohup

nohup ./send.sh &

***You can also layer the addresses to send to and even send random amounts within a range like so, in this case it would execute sending to the three addresses 30 times (90 times in total), with a minimum of 1000 plus a random amount between 1 and 2000.

#!/bin/bash

for n in {1..30}
do
./ColossusCoin2d sendtoaddress CtW2iA4ijs5aXt9iEpFnKwMSzMVLyMTk5e $[ ( $RANDOM % 2000 ) + 1000 ]
sleep $[ ( $RANDOM % 27 ) + 60 ]s
./ColossusCoin2d sendtoaddress CCbm3Ez7QQfrErkkwo2duZCq82NJepDvUG $[ ( $RANDOM % 2000 ) + 1000 ]
sleep $[ ( $RANDOM % 45 ) + 72 ]s
./ColossusCoin2d sendtoaddress CMZgRztjFPquEsAGk2rAHSqRhzvZB4TX5S $[ ( $RANDOM % 2000 ) + 1000 ]
sleep $[ ( $RANDOM % 56 ) + 63 ]s
done

For Windows you can use an Auto Transfer program I've had for ages

https://mega.co.nz/#!IlFFxCxB!oKh8nlNcScZJ-UZf5t3u_LhE0iOHfoajs-pS9Gh_ImA

With this you would make sure you have rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 in your config file and in the fields you would put in the rpc username and password you have set in your config file, the rpc port number and 127.0.0.1 as your IP (localhost)

Hope this helps
tZKtdvt6

Developer

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 03:06:46 PM

With Windows or Linux?

Thank you very much.

For Linux it's pretty easy in that you can create a bash script using your terminal/daemon

***You can navigate to your ColossusCoin2 directory

cd ColossusCoin2/src

***Then you can create your script as whatever name you want, in this case we can call it send.sh

nano send.sh

***It will then open up a blank file and you can copy in your script, in this case we can have it execute 30 times, send 5000 Coins every 600 seconds

#!/bin/bash

for n in {1..30}
do
./ColossusCoin2d sendtoaddress ChgfiA4ijs5aXt9iEpFnKwMSzMVLyMTk5e 5000
sleep 600
done

***Then press ctrl+o to save the file

***Then we want to create it as an executable file

chmod +x send.sh

***Then we can run the script in the background using nohup

nohup ./send.sh &

***You can also layer the addresses to send to and even send random amounts within a range like so, in this case it would execute sending to the three addresses 30 times (90 times in total), with a minimum of 1000 plus a random amount between 1 and 2000.

#!/bin/bash

for n in {1..30}
do
./ColossusCoin2d sendtoaddress CtW2iA4ijs5aXt9iEpFnKwMSzMVLyMTk5e $[ ( $RANDOM % 2000 ) + 1000 ]
sleep $[ ( $RANDOM % 27 ) + 60 ]s
./ColossusCoin2d sendtoaddress CCbm3Ez7QQfrErkkwo2duZCq82NJepDvUG $[ ( $RANDOM % 2000 ) + 1000 ]
sleep $[ ( $RANDOM % 45 ) + 72 ]s
./ColossusCoin2d sendtoaddress CMZgRztjFPquEsAGk2rAHSqRhzvZB4TX5S $[ ( $RANDOM % 2000 ) + 1000 ]
sleep $[ ( $RANDOM % 56 ) + 63 ]s
done

For Windows you can use an Auto Transfer program I've had for ages

https://mega.co.nz/#!IlFFxCxB!oKh8nlNcScZJ-UZf5t3u_LhE0iOHfoajs-pS9Gh_ImA

With this you would make sure you have rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 in your config file and in the fields you would put in the rpc username and password you have set in your config file, the rpc port number and 127.0.0.1 as your IP (localhost)

Hope this helps

I like the Linux idea, could you give to me an ColossusCoin2Qt and ColossusCoin2d for Linux, please?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: