Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:55:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for someone to write a file copy script  (Read 1031 times)
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 06:04:57 PM

I'm looking for someone to write me a script (anything that will run on osx) to do the following:

Copy all files from 4 different external hard drives, one at a time.
The script does not need to retain folder structure, I want it to dump all files from all drives in to one main folder.
After copying files from the first drive to the destination path, I then want it to start copying files from the second drive (possibly using rsync) in to the same main destination folder.
If files have the same name, but contents is different, I want it to rename the files and then copy to destination.
If files have same name and identical contents, skip copying.
If files have different name and identical contents, skip copying.

When comparing files, i think it would be wise to use multiple checks/balances. Example, if file names are the same and byte size is the same, md5 it and if thats a match, skip copying one of them.
If file names are the same and the byte size is different, rename one of them and copy both to destination.

This is really hard to explain, so feel free to ask me any questions you like. Also please let me know what you would charge to do this and how soon it can be completed.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 06:25:44 PM

I agree some automator love be nice then use terminal todo the md5 stuff, pretty easy
drawoc

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Firstbits: 175wn

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 12:44:55 AM

For 3 BTC I can write a python script that does this for you.

I should be able to have it written for you within a day of whenever you give me the go-ahead.

Donate: 175WNXmJ1WVhFgVGKUqEhYtAQGRYAvqPA
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 12:49:04 AM

I agree some automator love be nice then use terminal todo the md5 stuff, pretty easy

If memory serves me correctly, there should be an MD5 checksum automator action built into automator.  This would save time of having to use terminal to verify the file checksums.  If it's not already there I know for sure you can download it online and add it to your automator.

I think that is a library, cause my automator library is stock and i see no md5 but even better
pjwaffle

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

BIB Exchange

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 02:24:29 AM

Working on a bash script right now.

Please hold 2BTC payment for me.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: