Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:28:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin and Altcoin price related?  (Read 4565 times)
ViciousPlayer

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:02:21 PM

The two are usually correlated to some extent. As more money moves  into Bitcoin, no doubt, some of the BTC will flow into altcoins. The reverse is also true. However, when there is big news for altcoins and bad news for Bitcoins, you will see a drop in BTC price and a rise in altcoin price. At moments like these, the effect is stronger than the normal levels because the drop in BTC price may increase the buy pressure and increase the number of BTC in the hands of investors. When this happens, you find an overwhelming rising in some altcoin prices. This demonstrates the whole greater than the sum of its parts.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gotti III

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:57:00 PM

Litecoin is on an upward trend, so as Bitcoin http://bit.ly/1x5QyYQ

Do you think both these coin's price trend in anyway related?

Connected in terms of their movements? Yes
Connected in terms of the 'causes' of the movements? hmmmmmmmm... Ok, no.
networthsigns

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:24:00 PM

AFAIT , NO they aren't , they never will be.
ShintoshiBTC

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

YOU"RE LIKE A TIMEBOMB!

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:54:04 PM

Litecoin is on an upward trend, so as Bitcoin http://bit.ly/1x5QyYQ

Do you think both these coin's price trend in anyway related?

The appropriate answer is no.
But what I feel is, every customer is feeling a little off about digital currency that is why.
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:50:46 AM

The two are usually correlated to some extent. As more money moves  into Bitcoin, no doubt, some of the BTC will flow into altcoins. The reverse is also true. However, when there is big news for altcoins and bad news for Bitcoins, you will see a drop in BTC price and a rise in altcoin price. At moments like these, the effect is stronger than the normal levels because the drop in BTC price may increase the buy pressure and increase the number of BTC in the hands of investors. When this happens, you find an overwhelming rising in some altcoin prices. This demonstrates the whole greater than the sum of its parts.

you gave a good explanation for something I had ever seen, but I did not give much importance

TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:38:02 AM

BTC and alts are clearly correlated but my impression is that this correlation is gradually uncoupling over time
Anybody done any work on this that confirms/refutes this?

LordSonjai

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:54:06 AM

alt coins live in the shadow of bitcoin so I would say the prices are related if bitcoin fails they all fail.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:55:52 AM

you have to specify which altcoin you mean. some of them are, the famous ones specially the ones that are traded against dollar are related with the bitcoin price but any other altcoin's price is only affected by pump and dump.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:43:25 PM

Bitcoin goes up i see a lot of alts going down because people cashing out to get in bitcoin, bitcoin the crashes people buy back into alts and the cycle is ready to go again. Ltc being different that usually rises with bitcoin from what i have seen.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:58:05 PM

Altcoins prices are based on btc most of the time, if Btc goes up most alts will go up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: