Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:32:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Agree or Disagree  (Voting closed: March 01, 2015, 04:05:13 PM)
Agree - 8 (53.3%)
Disagree - 7 (46.7%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcointalk running like old Jalopy?  (Read 1031 times)
JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:05:14 PM

No avatars

Searching disabled

How is it that the main coordination hub in the universe for bitcoin runs like an old Jalopy?

Really, REally, disappointed here theymos.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:07:16 PM

because shit breaks and it doesn't pay the bills and allow for retirement?

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:16:41 PM

because shit breaks and it doesn't pay the bills and allow for retirement?

Because of bitcoin's value down so the forum gain a loss profit ?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

Activity: 882

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:23:41 PM

I've heard rumor that on rare occasion 1 person with computer skillz frequents these forums.

I don't know, maybe it was a year or two ago that someone with some fancy knowledge (I think it might have been html) linked to one of those screens on the intertubes.

Maybe if theymos asked for some funds to upgrade the bulletin board system that is bitcointalk we could be up to 1992 technology.

Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 05:10:48 PM

All what you just mentioned will be fixed with the new forum software which costs about 1 million dollar is coming out very soon .
for the Avatars they have been disabled because they were used to find an exploit on the forum and they were the cause of hack happened before . now for the search it's not disabled for a long time , probably one week only and will get fixed soon as far as I know :
here is what theymos said on the thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=932315.0
Search is temporarily disabled because I need to regenerate the search index before it will be usable again.

BCwinning

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:17:43 PM

I thought smf fixed the avatar exploit a while back and/or it was permission issues.
It's been a minute since I managed smf so *shrug*
either way with this many users, I'm sure avatars would just be an added resource hog in more ways than one.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 05:20:51 PM

It's because due to some SSD failure recently the site lost a lot of data and it still needs to be fixed and it takes time. Avatars as someone mentioned are disabled due to exploit or maybe they make everything heavy and google custom search does an ok job as far as searching is concerned. I am just happy that it is up and running.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 05:45:29 PM

I thought smf fixed the avatar exploit a while back and/or it was permission issues.
either way with this many users, I'm sure avatars would just be an added resource hog in more ways than one.

Being fixed and being 100% secure are two different things. This forum is targeted probably like no other SMF forum out there and so has to be robust.

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:19:55 PM

Being fixed and being 100% secure are two different things. This forum is targeted probably like no other SMF forum out there and so has to be robust.

It doesn't (shouldn't) take over a year and over a million dollars to make it robust Sad.
BCwinning

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 07:22:50 PM

nothing is 100% secure not even air gap now. so I have no idea what planet you're on or if you just want to troll.
with smf being open source and well established I'm sure a bounty could be posted to audit and make it more secure.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 08:15:43 PM

nothing is 100% secure not even air gap now. so I have no idea what planet you're on or if you just want to troll.
with smf being open source and well established I'm sure a bounty could be posted to audit and make it more secure.

[citation needed]
BCwinning

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 11:21:16 PM

[citation needed]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2920419/When-USBs-attack-Hackers-create-covert-spy-plug-inspired-NSA-s-Cottonmouth-surveillance-kit.html
in case you think the dailymail is garbage here is applebaums pdf on it and other things you obviously weren't aware of.
http://cryptome.org/2013/12/appelbaum-30c3.pdf
http://www.securityartwork.es/2013/10/30/badbios-2/?lang=en
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4DhFsJthgI
and just because really it isn't that new of news http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Eck_phreaking

thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:59:26 AM

No avatars

Searching disabled

How is it that the main coordination hub in the universe for bitcoin runs like an old Jalopy?

Really, REally, disappointed here theymos.
I guess its its a matter of few months until the new forum comes out.
The search is just temporarily disables and you shouldn't be that angry with the forum.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:10:42 AM

[citation needed]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2920419/When-USBs-attack-Hackers-create-covert-spy-plug-inspired-NSA-s-Cottonmouth-surveillance-kit.html
in case you think the dailymail is garbage here is applebaums pdf on it and other things you obviously weren't aware of.
http://cryptome.org/2013/12/appelbaum-30c3.pdf
http://www.securityartwork.es/2013/10/30/badbios-2/?lang=en
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4DhFsJthgI
and just because really it isn't that new of news http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Eck_phreaking
Thanks, very interesting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: