Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:15:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newsletter Beta for Altcoin markets: charts & more  (Read 2894 times)
allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2319
Merit: 1288

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:01:37 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 04:58:47 PM by allyouracid

Hey guys,

Notice: scroll down a bit in this post to see the current developments

I have spent the last 6 months developing a website/application (http://bitshit.shice.info/) which deals with Altcoins. I have a lot of features in planning (and development) to give my users a brief overview about the market (currently only Bittrex, but other APIs are about to be included as well).

Here is a set of current features:
  • current main feature: a newsletter which is sent daily at ~5am (GMT+1) with an overview about top performing coins and hints on coins which might see some action
  • I'm collecting price and volume data and save it to my database, so my charts represent 1 day bars/lines with price and volume of each day (max. 25 days in the newsletter for the top 10 coins)
  • on the website, you can explore way more historical price/volume data for all coins on Bittrex
  • I have richlists implemented where you can follow the wallets of certain coins for larger movements
  • there are also charts for the top wallets, and a future version should include a subscribable, separate newsletter which either sends a daily report about wallets that have moved big amounts or sends directly when this happened (useful if huge amounts suddenly move e.g. to an exchange, so you can sell coins prior to an expected dump)
A lot of additional features are in the making, and they will be added in the coming weeks and months.

However, I'm searching for some beta testers who are willing to test the newsletter, because the the Open Beta will start soon.
If you are interested, please register an account on http://bitshit.shice.info/ (you can login directly, you won't receive a confirmation email) and go to "Account settings -> Features -> Premium Features" and enable the switch for "Daily Coin Report". You can safely ignore the prices, as the Beta phase will be totally free of course.

For those concerned about their security: some details about the project:
  • it's build with TYPO3.Flow, a secure PHP framework maintained by an active, big community
  • your passwords are safe: they're stored in database with multiple layers of encryption, so even for me, it's not possible to retrieve your passwords
  • if you lose your password anyway, you can request a new one by entering your email address on the login page and click the "Forgot Password" link

Public release should start on Jun 1st, until then (maybe I'll implement this today), I'll have an imprint with all information about the website owner (me) which is required on a website.
If you want, you can check the domain using any whois tool. The information you'll find there is mine - no anon service or anything that leaves a bad impression.

Please keep in mind that this project is still in development. You're welcome to explore it, anyway, but for the moment, the main focus is on the newsletter.
Questions? Welcome!

Best regards,
Thomas F. a.k.a. allyouracid

PS: That's a screenshot of how today's newsletter looks like (click to enlarge):
http://bitshit.shice.info/images/newsletter-20150202.png

News from 2015-03-02:
Included visual representation of a coin's current "social value" into the charts. This way, you can always see how much a coin is being tweeted about on Twitter. For more information, see my recent post about the current development status.
Ten slots are still open for the beta phase. Please consider a registration at http://bitshit.shice.info/

News from 2015-02-04:

I still have 17 slots open for the Public Beta, then the target of 50 users is reached.
The next newsletter (it'll be sent in about 11 hours, at 5:00am GMT+1) will give you some imho very interesting details about where all this is going. My opening text in the newsletter will talk about two essential features I have put a lot of time into their development. In a short summary, those features (development not yet finished, but I'm positive to include them while the Public Beta is still running) are:
  • a formula to determine the "intrinsic" value of a coin, so you'll have an idea about whether the coin you're about to buy is over- or underpriced, or if the value is realistic
  • determining the social value of a coin

Both are described in detail in the newsletter, and I'd love to have some more of you trying my service and getting an idea about where all this is going. So, if you're curious and want to find out if this newsletter is of any value to you, you're invited to register at http://bitshit.shice.info/

Best regards,
Thomas - allyouracid.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jh7phone

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:59:30 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 08:46:58 PM by jh7phone

Number 7 & 8 titles are backwards. Now OK Registration is working good.

knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:10:11 PM

allyouracid is a very talented web developer and his new service is awesome. He has been a member of my trading group for the last 5 months and has been beta testing his Altcoin Newletter with us. The information contained has been very helpful. You won't find all of this information contained on any other single service. In addition, he is adding many data sources that no one else has at the moment. Overall, it's a service that will be invaluable to anyone trading cryptos.

It saves you a great deal of time in analysis. Side note.. you couldn't work with a nicer person. He's the best.

I would highly recommend signing up and testing his service. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:09:53 PM

Number 7 & 8 titles are backwards. I can't create an account, Registration doesn't work, all I get is a blank white page after I click Register.
OMG, this is the very worst thing that can happen: deciding to open a service to the public, committing some changes, forgetting to check one of them and breaking the very essential part: the registration.

It's fixed now, registrations should work. Thank you very much for your feedback.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

And, thanks for the kind words, knightlife999. Smiley

jh7phone

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:01:12 PM

interesting. I signed up for the newsletter.

allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:40:26 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2015, 01:01:45 AM by allyouracid

Nice Smiley

To those who signed up: it is possible that the mail is landing in your spam folder, so if you don't see it in your inbox within 3.5 hours (that's when the cronjob creates the images of the charts and auto sends the newsletter), maybe have a look there and remove the spam tag, then it should appear in your regular inbox the following times it is sent.
I'm currently about to investigate the issue to sort it out until the service goes public.

If nothing helps, please have me a meagre and I'm more than happy to forward you the message manually.

Best regards.
Thomas.

Gambiman

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 09:13:16 AM

I received allyouracid's newsletter a few times now, and the data is amazing. I recommend to anyone who wants to have accurate data on altcoins markets, old or new. It gives very detailed information on the top 10 coins on bittrex, as well as a comparison with price and volume. Plus he has many other features coming up ! (And that is only the newsletter, which is the tip of the iceberg)

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 04:57:37 PM

Dear users,

I have some news: I still have 17 slots open for the Public Beta, then the target of 50 users is reached.

The next newsletter (it'll be sent in about 11 hours, at 5:00am GMT+1) will give you some imho very interesting details about where all this is going. My opening text in the newsletter will talk about two essential features I have put a lot of time into their development. In a short summary, those features (development not yet finished, but I'm positive to include them while the Public Beta is still running) are:
  • a formula to determine the "intrinsic" value of a coin, so you'll have an idea about whether the coin you're about to buy is over- or underpriced, or if the value is realistic
  • determining the social value of a coin

Both are described in detail in the newsletter, and I'd love to have some more of you trying my service and getting an idea about where all this is going. So, if you're curious and want to find out if this newsletter is of any value to you, you're invited to register at http://bitshit.shice.info/

Best regards,
Thomas - allyouracid.

jh7phone

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:31:15 AM

I like the newsletter! I'm more interested in your reports over the charts. I've done some research on different altcoin history & they can be somewhat predictable but also hard to figure out. There are so many factors to consider. One big factor for me is the opening market cap of the coin.

allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:01:35 AM

Thank you for your feedback. First, the idea was to have the newsletter 100% automated, but then, I found it somewhat impersonal and decided to try and write some introduction text whenever I have the time (about the current market situation or about the service itself, e.g. if new things are in the plannings).

You got an interesting point with the initial market cap; coinmarketcap is a source of data which I'm already using to finish my formula to calculate realistic values for a coin. Also having a visual representation of the market cap would surely be a good thing - I'll add this to my list of potential features.

Another thing you might have noticed today: in your first post in this thread, you wrote that the headlines #7 and #8 were switched. Today, there was a total mess with the ~5 last charts (well, I guess for that reason, it's still beta, heh), where the headlines were wrong.
The reason for that is that the creation of the images of the charts takes some time (I'm using phantomjs to call URLs where the real, interactive charts reside and render them to images which will be used in the newsletter), and when some coins have similar volume and some action occurs between during the creation of the images and the sending of the newsletter, their positions might differ from what they were when creating the images. I'll find a solution for that.

allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:46:58 PM

To those who signed up: it is possible that the mail is landing in your spam folder
I just created a "physical" mail address with an actual inbox which I'll use as the sender to - hopefully - cope with the spam folder issue.

Former sender's mail address was "noreply@bitshit.shice.info", now I switched over to "altcoinreport ]aeht[ shice ]dot[ info". I hope this helps to prevent the email landing in the spam folder.

PS: I am working hard to include a new feature which will show the "social value" of the Altcoins by analyzing social media (beginning with Twitter). I don't want to reveal too much, but if you think about this feature for a moment, you'll notice that it offers a lot of new possibilities. Wink
Interesting times coming!

knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:26:23 PM

Keep up the good work! The newsletter is looking fantastic!

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:07:33 PM

Keep up the good work! The newsletter is looking fantastic!
Thank you! Smiley

Today, I have finished a first implementation of the Twitter API (more details in tomorrow's newsletter) which will allow to draw a line (lol, literally - it's a graph in the charts) between price, volume and activity in social media.
More features coming in the following days and weeks - Public Beta (free to join for everyone) for the service on http://bitshit.shice.info/ is running until around the beginning of June 2015.

allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:24:20 AM

Good morning,

my last message in this newsletter was quite some days ago. I took the time to develop (besides another small project I'm currently working on: a Google Chrome extension named "WhaleWatcher", which enables you to monitor the volume which is being traded on popular exchanges and with configurable alerts… I'll keep you posted on this) further features for this application.
Users who frequently log in to the website may have recognized that the top coins page is displaying an additional graph for the Tweet count of each coin. This feature has now found its way into the newsletter. I had the idea to connect the "social impact value" of a coin to its price several months ago, because I wanted to find out how these values influece each other.

The results look good so far. Of course, there are coins which show a better resemblance between price and social activity, and there are such where it does not seem to work that well. If you e.g. look at the ARCH chart, you'll notice that price and social activity are directly connected.

However, when using the Twitter data, there are some things to consider:

• The system uses the Twitter search API and passes over the current market's abbreviation in combination with the financial tag indicator "$". So, for ArchCoin, we're using "$ARCH" as the search key.
  • Twitter's search API does not always return the same data as searches you do directly on the Twitter website. This is known.
  • The hashtags are created automatically. In some cases (e.g. $START or $NAV), those hashtags are not only used in the cryptocurrency realm, so the results might not represent the actual Tweet count of the coin you're investigating.

For the last point, I'm considering the implementation of a solution. One possibility could be to create another table in the database which holds such hashtags which are used in other ways, too, plus alternative hashtags which should be used instead of the market abbreviation. For example, this could be "$NAVAJO" instead of "$NAV". This could be a solution for the problem, although it requires manual work to maintain the data.

Another flaw I recognized recently is that the Top Wallets feature (which should enable you to monitor richlist wallets of certain coins) isn't working as expected. The last entries is from somewhere in November last year. I'll have a look into that, soon, because I think this could be a powerful feature which should just work. Sorry for any inconveniences.

If you have any ideas, proposals or suggestions, please let me know by just replying to this email. I'd also be interested in whether you find this feature useful in the newsletter, or if anything can be optimized (e.g. like some configuration options for the newsletter, so that you can select which graphs to display in the newsletter).

Best regards and happy trading,
Thomas - allyouracid

allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:58:24 PM

I implemented some layout improvements, site stats and - finally - market sentiments charts from Bitfinex and OKCoin. Check out here: http://bitshit.shice.info/bitshit.frontend/dashboard

The predefined limit of 50 users for the beta phase has been reached, but as things progress well, I decided to leave registration open.

allyouracid (OP)
Legendary

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:39:47 PM

Hey guys,

at the moment, the system offers a lot of information. As one of my main goals is to make usage as intuitive as possible, I - as the person who has developed all this stuff - expected everyone to know how to use all available features on the platform.
When speaking to people, I found out that this often is not the case. For that reason, I am currently about to implement some guidance elements which give general hints on how to use the provided features.

I thought about some kind of help button which is available on most pages which you can click to get information on what you can do there. This way, the information is available on request, but not visible all the time.

If anyone has any ideas, like what can be improved etc, I'd be thankful for any advice. I want the platform to be useful for those using it, so any suggestions are highly appreciated. Smiley

Happy easter!
Thomas - allyouracid

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: