Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:56:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SELL] BTC to GBP London - request for manual trade.  (Read 986 times)
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 12:09:41 AM

If there's anyone that lives near or has easy access to Stansted, "Princes Square Bayswater London" or the ExCel venue during the Olympics, I'm interested in trading bitcoin to GBP. Please quote your markup in this thread, or send me a suggestion on pm if you rather prefer that.

My bitcoin otc: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=Herodes&sign=ANY&type=RECV

This would be my second irl trade of bitcoins for me, as I've previously paid for a restaurant meal with bitcoins.

Interestingly a couple of friends may accompany me as fellow spectators of the games, as I'd like to introduce them to the wonders of bitcoin by doing a physical transaction, BTC to GBP. I think that would properly awestrike them. Smiley

I was thinking about an amount of about 500-600 GBP. If you're already thinking of moving some GBP into BTC, this could be a good opportunity.

I was thinking about storing the bitcoins in a few web wallets, then just giving the links to you, and you could immediately transfer the bitcoins to the bitcoin address of your chosing, you should bring a smartphone, laptop or similar with mobile or wifi capability. If you don't have such a device, I could bring one myself.

I'd prefer to do the trade in day time in a public place. The bitcoin price will be made of whatever proposal you may have, but I would think that (mtGoxbuy + mtGoxask)/2 multiplicated with your markup should do it.

If you want proof of my identity, I would be happy to pgp-sign an agreement once it's negotiated, and I've also met sturles for in person trades:
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=sturles&sign=ANY&type=RECV&sortby=created_at&sortorder=ASC

Place and time will be arranged privately once we've come to an agreement, but preferrably it should be done any time during the day (08:00 - 17:00) at a public place like a cafè or some such.

I would prefer if you have a rating at bitcoin-otc from before or a similar trust system. If you're interested we could have a short bitcoin chat as well, at least until we have at least 1 confirmation.

Note that if I don't get any good offers, I reserve the right to not make any deals. Once a deal is negotiated however, you have my word that I will go through with it.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 02:16:06 PM

*b*
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 09:07:20 PM

I've received an offer for a bank transfer, which was a nice gesture by the one who sent me the message, however what I'm looking for is a irl trade for BTC to pound notes, which will be used for pocket money while I visit London. Smiley
wheeler

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 11:29:40 PM

I work on Canary Wharf which is en route to the Excel Centre if you travel by DLR.
I haven't previously traded OTC, so no WoT rating I'm afraid, but would bid 0.965*intrsngGBPbid and could do higher volume.  PM if you are interested and would like some more personal information.

Which events did you get tickets for!?
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 02:12:54 AM

Got a few offers and details are being worked out, but no deals have been finalized so far, but it's looking good. Thanks for everyone that's been contacting me. And if you'd still be interested, write in this thread or pm me your rates.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: