Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC payment for my book?  (Read 590 times)
hathmill (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 06:53:12 AM

I have written a book (sci-fi novel) and I am planning on self-publishing it. When I realized how simple it would be to create a bitcoin payment option I decided that I would do this. Now to my question. I am also thinking of adding a Litecoin payment option and I am thinking of how to price the product in the different currencies. Since I want to promote adaptation of Litecoin I was thinking of making the product cheaper if one decides to use this type of currency. The book would cost a little more in terms of Bitcoins and USD even more expensive. I have not decided yet and are curious to know what you think about this. Good, bad, morally wrong or excellent idea? What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grantbdev

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 07:32:20 AM

I have written a book (sci-fi novel) and I am planning on self-publishing it. When I realized how simple it would be to create a bitcoin payment option I decided that I would do this. Now to my question. I am also thinking of adding a Litecoin payment option and I am thinking of how to price the product in the different currencies. Since I want to promote adaptation of Litecoin I was thinking of making the product cheaper if one decides to use this type of currency. The book would cost a little more in terms of Bitcoins and USD even more expensive. I have not decided yet and are curious to know what you think about this. Good, bad, morally wrong or excellent idea? What do you think?

I don't think there is anything morally wrong about it, I do think it's a good idea to favor cryptocurrency in prices (it will be much cheaper anyway without having to deal with PayPal or whatever fees). You just have to be a little careful because the exchange rates can be pretty volatile.

Don't use BIPS!
VelvetLeaf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 09:09:48 AM

It's a good idea, there are more sites that accept bitcoin payment but almost no site accept litecoin.
So if you accept litecoin, you'll get a free promotion among litecoin community and help litecoin's growth.

BTC : 1GN81dxzxyFPQsyAtdocXr5S9Mcg4wcfFG
LTC : LgmYvXsYXc4xdjsMKXJWqtagxVvioK6iaw
FC : 6dpSnKMtttUUYzaRu1EB7Lu18PBRVHU3V7
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: