Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:04:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying BTC for PayPal! Fast transaction!  (Read 1011 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
apmapm12 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:00:35 AM

Let's try this again without random newbies talking about people on the forums being untrustworthy.

----------------------------------
Hey folks. Just looking for a simple BTC deal. My PayPal for your BTC. $230 tops (around 1 BTC).

No muss, no fuss. No terms like "You get BTC after 3948789234 days" or whatever. Just my PP for your BTC. Escrow is fine as long as it doesn't take too long - I'm looking for BTC before a price spike.

This is PayPal BALANCE, FYI.

If you aren't someone reputable, don't bother spamming my inbox with requests for me to send first.

If you tell me that I can "Chargeback" so I should send first, I will not do business with you. I am not looking to "take a chance" with my PayPal, I am looking for a simple exchange.

I can send with any method you wish (Invoice, gift). Just remember the above terms.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:10:26 AM

I am curious to know why you closed a similar thread when redsn0w was questioning you about you changing your password, then you go and make a new self moderated thread. I hope that you know that if an account is hacked then it will show that it's password has been changed recently.

I am also curious to know what your assurances are that any paypal funds sent to you will not be disputed. This is a very serious problem for traders and your lack of trading history only exaggerates this problem.
apmapm12 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:15:24 AM

I am curious to know why you closed a similar thread when redsn0w was questioning you about you changing your password, then you go and make a new self moderated thread. I hope that you know that if an account is hacked then it will show that it's password has been changed recently.

I am also curious to know what your assurances are that any paypal funds sent to you will not be disputed. This is a very serious problem for traders and your lack of trading history only exaggerates this problem.

My password will show as changed if I changed my password. Hacked, sold, and changed the password - orange text.

I switched to a moderated thread when some newbie came into the thread screaming in broken English about nothing. redsn0w sent me a PM and I've discussed his concerns with him.

I will leave your post here as it's not really "Shitting" in my thread. I most likely have this deal done anyway so I won't need this thread any more. Smiley

*Edit* Or not, as random newbies with red trust seem to want me to send PayPal first with some lame analogy about walking into a store. Sigh.

Still up.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:20:51 AM

To prove that your account is not hacked can you sign a message with 1FhtGoSqb9MMm9CeZd1k7uD9bdheoSTkdA and include both the date and my username?

I see that your password was actually reset, not changed, this is a concern because when passwords are reset, there is generally a much larger chance that it has been hacked in my experience
apmapm12 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:23:53 AM

To prove that your account is not hacked can you sign a message with 1FhtGoSqb9MMm9CeZd1k7uD9bdheoSTkdA and include both the date and my username?

I see that your password was actually reset, not changed, this is a concern because when passwords are reset, there is generally a much larger chance that it has been hacked in my experience

Nope. I can and will sign a message from my current wallet address which is 1BduqMQcVVgJU6UdVCRo8acCayutiz6Ndb.

This account isn't hacked, and I know of at least one person who can vouch for that. However, that isn't related to this thread or my PayPal transaction.

I'd rather not this thread be 1.5+ pages of discussing my orange text. I would much rather respond to offers and/or escrow offers here.

Escrow is accepted, by the way.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:28:02 AM

Nope. I can and will sign a message from my current wallet address which is 1BduqMQcVVgJU6UdVCRo8acCayutiz6Ndb.

This account isn't hacked, and I know of at least one person who can vouch for that. However, that isn't related to this thread or my PayPal transaction.

I'd rather not this thread be 1.5+ pages of discussing my orange text. I would much rather respond to offers and/or escrow offers here.

You have never posted that address anywhere therefore signing a message with that address would prove nothing. May I ask why you are not able to sign a message with that address?

Asking about the security/honesty of the account that is making an offer is very much on topic because it is discussing the risk that a potential trading partner will have. Using escrow is not going to protect the seller of bitcoin unless you agree to have the bitcoin held in escrow for at least 6 months
apmapm12 (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:34:47 AM

You have never posted that address anywhere therefore signing a message with that address would prove nothing. May I ask why you are not able to sign a message with that address?

Asking about the security/honesty of the account that is making an offer is very much on topic because it is discussing the risk that a potential trading partner will have. Using escrow is not going to protect the seller of bitcoin unless you agree to have the bitcoin held in escrow for at least 6 months

I'm aware of the risks/problems associated with PayPal. I can't control that. All I can do is send the funds to a given PayPal address and collect my BTC. There is no way whatsoever that I can reassure someone with any meaning regarding the validity of this deal. It's the seller's choice. I'm being up front about that.

Again, the situation is this:

I have $232 in PayPal I want to unload for BTC. I'm posting here to do that. A seller will either sell or won't, with escrow or without, and there's nothing else to the story/equation.

As for the account issue - I do not have control of that wallet. That makes for an interesting problem with signing for validity, actually. If I delete (Actually delete) a multibit wallet and cannot recover it, how would I prove that I am in control of a given account?

That's about all I have to say about that topic. If you want to leave me negative Trust, do so. I've only created this thread to do a single PayPal transaction. There aren't any hidden motives or agendas - I want to turn my PP balance into BTC before another price spike (And I'm literally losing that race by the minute - $239 as of this post).
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 08:27:43 AM

Bingo--- here you wanted to sell your account :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=940005.0

https://archive.today/37Jnt

and this is the log :

Can I ask you another time why did you change the password ? (If it is possible to know). Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: