Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:31:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RPX Sale Official Statement on 2nd Contribution Period  (Read 350 times)
aziernest (OP)

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:48:06 AM

RPX Sale
Official Statement on 2nd Contribution Period

I know there's been a lot of frustration and unhappiness regarding start of the second period of our RPX sale. As stated previously, during this first period, the cap was set at 1,000USD (27 NEO). At the conclusion of this first hour, the cap was lifted to 50,000USD (1,352 NEO). Consequently, many people who wanted to invest more, waited until the second period to invest more.

People who contributed NEO as part of block 1445025, were not considered by the smart contract to be part of the second period of participation yet. However, those that were part of block 144026, and going forward, were included. The reason for this is because smart contract timestamps are deterministic, meaning that it must output the same result, given the same input. In NEP-5 standard, the code used is:

uint now = Blockchain.GetHeader(Blockchain.GetHeight()).Timestamp;

Executing this line gets the timestamp of the PREVIOUS block, because that is the only way all the nodes can agree on what "now" actually means, since the current block 1445025 was still in progress. For everyone that contributed as part of block 144025, the "now" parameter was returned as 2017-10-08 13:59:50 GMT, outside the window of the second period. When the next block 1445026 began, the "now" parameter was then returned as 2017-10-08 14:01:44 GMT, which is within the window of the second period.

Regarding automatic refunds, we were unable to do this as a refund function could only be accomplished with implicit transaction outputs. The NEO blockchain was not designed to have implicit transaction outputs for global assets (such as NEO), because it would bring a number of problems and risk to the SPV protocol. After consulting with the NEO core dev team, the next steps for them are: NEO will provide a trigger mechanism, so that future smart contracts can refuse a transaction upon receiving a global asset transfer at a certain condition. This way, there is no need for refund, because the asset would not be accepted in the first place.

For Red Pulse our next steps are to focus on refunds. I understand the sensitivity regarding having your NEO tied up, so I'm prioritizing the refunds above all else, and personally working around the clock to process them. I aim to have these completed within a week.

Thank you everyone for your understanding, and I apologize for any misunderstanding and inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Jonathan Ha
Founder & CEO, Red Pulse

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:57:47 AM

How i can get refund?
aziernest (OP)

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:00:57 PM

How i can get refund?
RPX Sale
Refund Process
We have now completed the RPX sale refund process. A few statistics:
4,213 total refunds distributed
Total NEO: 970,085 NEO
Largest refund: 2165 NEO
Smallest refund: 1 NEO
Average refund: 230 NEO
The refunds came from NEO address:
ANFqwASLDLHeyz4PK4e37qCzsEb4dxZmAb
There may be additional erroneous NEO transactions that are sent to our RPX sale address. We cannot control this. As policy, we will continue to refund any transactions sent to the RPX sale process until October 15, 2017 (0900 EDT / 1300 GMT / 2100 HKT), exactly 1 week after the start of the RPX sale. Any contributions made to the RPX sale address after that time will be considered a donation to Red Pulse, and will not be returned.
As mentioned previously, we will also be refunding the GAS generated on the held NEO over the past ~50 hours between the RPX sale conclusion and the refund. All refunds were processed within an hour of each other. Thus as simple calculation, the GAS in the RPX sale wallet will be distributed to addresses that received refunds, proportional to the NEO that was returned. We will be refunding the GAS over the next few days.
Again for those that had trouble accessing and submitting our RPX Purchase Agreement, please do so now. There is no need to submit again, if you have already done so.
https://coin.red-pulse.com/rpx-pa-1082017/
Thank you for your continued support of Red Pulse.
Best regards,
Jonathan Ha
Founder & CEO, Red Pulse

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: