Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:29:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE of shbvb ... he just tried to scam me in a major way using OgNasty's rep  (Read 967 times)
daggerman (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:14:15 PM

Wanted to buy 16 BTC from me,  demanding I send first, or if it makes me comfortable to use escrow with the very reputable OgNasty

Thank god I clicked on the users name in my PM ... and it showed he just signed up last week with 0 activity,  noticed the subtle difference in names in the pm i got for escrow

OgNarsty
Brand new

Activity: 0

Donator Legendary

View Profile  Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Escrow request
« Sent to: daggerman, shbvb on: Today at 09:57:02 PM »
Reply to AllReply to All  Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete 
Escrow Agreement:

The parties to this escrow agreement are:

Buyer-shbvb

Seller-daggerman

This escrow address is for (state transaction): 1BNFteBnZJrqmb83rtnLm9B187uiuoChHX

Item reference : BTC to be exchanged for vanilla reload payment @ Bitstamp +4% rate per coin ($235 per coin)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=945475.msg10359549#msg10359549

Total to be exchanges: to be finalised by seller (max 16.5BTC for initial transaction)
Total payment due : $

Escrow is only responsible for funds up to the point when they are released to the seller by agreement of the buyer or through special circumstances detailed below.
Any issues arising after this point are beyond the purview of the Escrow Agent.
Escrow agent will however attempt to mediate disputes arising from this situation if applicable.

This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of
facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer,
which refers to the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.

The escrow holder assumes and gives no liability or
guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although
he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest
extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arise,
he will release the escrow to whichever party presents him
with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion
with others. Buyer and seller agree to these terms and renounce any right to complaint or action of any sort thereafter.

Verbal acceptance by both parties or the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitute the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.

Additional condition for Escrow release as requested by daggerman

Source and legitimacy of vanilla reloads to be supplied by shbvb before release of BTC is authorised by the seller.

Total due to be held in Escrow : (max 16.5BTC for initial transaction)

Secure Escrow address : 1BNFteBnZJrqmb83rtnLm9B187uiuoChHX

total payment due = $235 * Escrowed BTC held

Thank you for choosing my Escrow services.

-------------

shbvb
Brand new

Activity: 0

View Profile  Personal Message (Online)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Re: BTC for sale
« Sent to: daggerman on: Today at 09:42:44 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete 
Quote from: daggerman on Today at 09:37:20 PM
what is the typical escrowed amount ?   and how long will it take you to get the vanilla reloads?  people have reported they are harder to find recently.  And I really want to know you purchased the cards before I escrow

Escrow amount can be from $1 to $10k, if we are going through the trouble of arranging Escrow might as well make it a reasonable amount of btc.

Will be able to get the vanilla reloads in the next few hours.  I will make it known to OgNasty that a condition of the trade is for me provide evidence that the vanilla reloads were sourced through legitimate methods.

Only when you have confirmed to OgNasty that you are happy will he release the funds.  Proving the bitcoin are held in Escrow I dont mind waiting a few days for them to be released by yourself so you are happy there are no problems.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Smack That Ace
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1094

Eid Mubarak

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:36:51 PM

Its not that he tried to scam you himself.

You mean someone pretending to be him and ognasty tried to do that.

You better change your title and your accusation before you get a shit storm of negative rep for calling out the wrong person.

Regards

Duke

daggerman (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:40:20 PM

I called out the correct person,  he was using variations of both names.

See how easy it is to overlook ?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:45:54 PM

I don't see that he actually posted in your thread. IMO it is more likely that someone used the fact that he is an active trader in currency exchange plus the fact that OgNasty is an active escrow.
Smack That Ace
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1094

Eid Mubarak

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:46:20 PM

I don't see that he actually posted in your thread. IMO it is more likely that someone used the fact that he is an active trader in currency exchange plus the fact that OgNasty is an active escrow.

Exactly

daggerman (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:48:38 PM

Guys,  I am calling attention to the similar name used to pm me.   that is the name that contacted me.  both names were attempting to be similar to the originals
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:50:05 PM

Can you post a link to their profiles?
daggerman (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:58:06 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=429302

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=422673
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:06:31 PM

they both have a "Warning: trade with extreme caution" label now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: