Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:19:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Amazon Giftcard, $100-$150  (Read 939 times)
pereiraex (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2012, 04:52:31 PM

Hi all,

Have some bit coins for sale for something I want to get on Amazon, the amount is $100-$150 You must show proof that your gift card is bought for by cash and provide scans of the receipt.

If anyone has gift cards for shoes.co.uk as well I would be willing to sell BTC for that.

I expect a discount on the cards, around 15%.

If anyone can do the above, get to me and I will reply ASAP.

Cheers! Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pereiraex (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 02:14:47 AM

Bump, still looking.
occulta

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 08:44:42 AM

Bump, still looking.

It is only through people like me that people 'expect' a discount at all on amazon products. There are plenty of sites you can spend your bitcoins in exchange for amazon products as i have mentioned before on other threads, spendbitcoins.com btcbuy.info btczone.com. These guys  exchange in a 1:1 ratio + a small fee, so why do you expect a discount?

GPG KeyID: F5A703CC74E46E5D
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 09:38:12 PM

Bump, still looking.

It is only through people like me that people 'expect' a discount at all on amazon products. There are plenty of sites you can spend your bitcoins in exchange for amazon products as i have mentioned before on other threads, spendbitcoins.com btcbuy.info btczone.com. These guys  exchange in a 1:1 ratio + a small fee, so why do you expect a discount?

Those sites allow a person to trade their bitcoins for Amazon $s.  This offer is to allow a person to trade their Amazon $s for bitcoins. 

That's quite a risky trade, and I can see why this trader would offer it only at a premium (a 15% "discount" means the person trading away the Amazon $s is really paying nearly an 18% premium to acquire bitcoins.)

This is one of those situations though where there are risks on both sides   If the Amazon $ seller sends first, there is the chance the bitcoins will never come.  There is also a chance that bitcoins are actually sent and then right after the Amazon $s are reported as having been stolen.   It is really hard to do escrow for this, even escrow with arbitration as there is no way to verify the status of the Amazon $s or that delivery for purchases made with those Amazon $s truly occurred.

To someone who bought the Amazon $s using fraudulent means (carded transactions), the 18% fee is not much of a problem, so that's likely where a good chunk of interest in this will come from.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █