Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:15:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will be the Bitcoin 2.0?  (Read 1521 times)
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:30:32 PM

Bitcoin 2.0 doesn't exist, it's called Crypto 2.0.
sniveling

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:49:52 PM

Bitcoin 2.0 doesn't exist, it's called Crypto 2.0.

The whole 2.0 concept is vague. I doubt the OP is talking about a version number so that leaves the vague 2.0 next generation concept.
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:28:05 PM

Probably one of NXT, Bitshares, Ethereum, or Ripple.  It makes the most sense to buy some of each, because when the winner goes up 1000x, what really matters is that you had some.  Putting all your money on the wrong 2.0 coin and not having any on the winner is a mistake, so diversify among the contenders.
stdset

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:25:57 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 08:37:48 PM by stdset

Probably one of NXT, Bitshares, Ethereum, or Ripple.  It makes the most sense to buy some of each, because when the winner goes up 1000x, what really matters is that you had some.  Putting all your money on the wrong 2.0 coin and not having any on the winner is a mistake, so diversify among the contenders.
I agree. But I personally don't like Ripple because it's a corporation which wants to impose their corporate money on the world. When they created XRP, they took 100% for themselfs, later thay gave away some, but still, just too much greed. Ethereum looks promising, but nothing more yet, and it's too inflational (although asymptotically it's not inflational), but be prepared to the fact that your investment will be continuously diluted. Bitshares looked promising too, but look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951384.0 they also like to dilute your stake. NXT is what's left. They were looking a bit unprofessional in the beginning, but now they look much better, check their feature-rich client. And they are the first Bitcoin 2.0 project (if not to count Ripple, which I beleive should not be counted). Also, NXT passed a very hard exam: a hack when about 5% of their total coin supply was stolen from an exchange: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/the-reorg-postmortem/msg83974/#msg83974
However from the above list I would completely write off only Ripple. No corp will ever be able to impose their internal money on the world.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:36:31 PM

Bitcoin will be the Bitcoin 2.0. 
HalFinneysBrain

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:41:26 PM

Probably one of NXT, Bitshares, Ethereum, or Ripple.  It makes the most sense to buy some of each, because when the winner goes up 1000x, what really matters is that you had some.  Putting all your money on the wrong 2.0 coin and not having any on the winner is a mistake, so diversify among the contenders.
I agree. But I personally don't like Ripple because it's a corporation which wants to impose their corporate money on the world. When they created XRP, they took 100% for themselfs, later thay gave away some, but still, just too much greed. Ethereum looks promising, but nothing more yet, and it's too inflational (although asymptotically it's not inflational), but be prepared to the fact that your investment will be continuously diluted. Bitshares looked promising too, but look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951384.0 they also like to dilute your stake. NXT is what's left. They were looking a bit unprofessional in the beginning, but now they look much better, check their feature-rich client. And they are the first Bitcoin 2.0 project (if not to count Ripple, which I beleive should not be counted). Also, NXT passed a very hard exam: a hack when about 5% of their total coin supply was stolen from an exchange: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/the-reorg-postmortem/msg83974/#msg83974
However from the above list I would completely write off only Ripple. No corp will ever be able to impose their internal money on the world.

NXT is indeed greatest! Smiley
Diversifying is still good however!  That way when one of your investments gets a huge pump you can sell some and get more of the others.  The pumps always come back to earth later, and you'll be happy with the result.

I have less ripple because of their distribution.  I agree, I dont like its distribution, no one does.

Yes Bitshares has inflation, but at least it gets something in return.  Bitcoin pays miners 10% and gets nothing for it.  Bitshares is paying people to do work for it, so it actually gains strategic partnerships as a result.  I heard that the inflation is 2% right now, which isnt bad.

Ethereum we will have to wait and see.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: