Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:32:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM  (Read 85653 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 02:11:20 AM

1)  this is the god damn pirate wallet, 90%+ confidence.

2)  built this year, starting right when his scam was ramping up

3) died when the scam died

4)  rule out Gox / Silk Road, and it's only Pirate left:
4a)   SR does 22M in business per year, profits about 1M, and is likely quickly converted to USD
4b)  Gox isn't that stupid, wouldn't build a 500kBTC wallet (that's 5% of ALL btc) and this is not how a Gox cold storage wallet would look (why is it built in weekly / monthly regular headshots? only during this yr?  ending with a super-launder?)

It's Trendon   

Re. 4a) This doesn't need to be SR's profits.  It's just the BTC they're currently holding.  Customers deposit BTC at SR then trade them with sellers.  While the BTC are on the site, they need to keep them safe.  Hence the use of this offline wallet.  Since the address became public knowledge they've split the contents up into several smaller addresses to avoid scrutiny.

Re. the other points, that's useless circumstantial evidence and doesn't prove anything.

It's SR.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Draino

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 02:31:10 AM

if pirate was taking advantage of silkroad's coin tumbling, wouldn't SR dipping into their cold wallet for his withdrawals have the right timing?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 03:37:42 AM

if pirate was taking advantage of silkroad's coin tumbling, wouldn't SR dipping into their cold wallet for his withdrawals have the right timing?

Maybe.

But I think the 500k BTC number people throw around is the number of coins pirate would have if he wasn't running a ponzi.  It's probable that the majority of those 500k coins never existed except on paper.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
elux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:35:21 AM

Now there's a lesson in how to back up one's claims with evidence if I ever saw one.

Silk Road: Sorry about this, I didn't mean to close your savings account. Tongue

dropt: Thanks for the smoking-gun!  Smiley
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:42:21 AM

so much for 90%+!

It seems more likely now that there was only ponzi. The funds went out to those who bitted out in time, and a little for him. (30k is what he claimed to have?)

Who really knows but Trendon?

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:14:52 AM

Now there's a lesson in how to back up one's claims with evidence if I ever saw one.

Silk Road: Sorry about this, I didn't mean to close your savings account. Tongue

dropt: Thanks for the smoking-gun!  Smiley

Glad I could help Wink
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 12:12:14 PM

Provide this "proof" I will try to make something of it.  If they are moving the coins to another address and storing them the same way we should soon see an address pop up in the top 10 richest addresses.  I feel that whoever's address it was didn't like getting so much attention and they split it up among many different addresses.
Not necessarily, if they've learned a lesson, they may be using multiple smaller addresses.
Obviously you didn't bother reading the rest of my post that you quoted.  Roll Eyes
Quite right.   Damn I feel like a jackass. 

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:30:42 PM

Someone said they think Trendon had about 200k looking at block analysis but I don't know.

A couple of us independently found ~70k, but I'm not sure what he had in USD at the time. It was after the price fell from 15 to 8, but also after the bounce to $10. I suspect he still has a significant amount in USD. Also, not sure if you guys have found the other wallet he's using but I'll give you a hint: IRC logs, donation. If you want to straight up buy the small bit of info I have on him, I'd sell it for 5 BTC. Good luck either way.

Glad I could help Wink

If that's not a photoshop, then thanks for helping proving this. Because of the charge that I didn't know what I was talking about I was in the process of working on a really long and detailed proof using my own coin and then signing with proof. I was in the process of waiting for one of the fragments to start spinning off the coin to do a withdrawal, but I didn't want it to point back to me, so I was using a wallet with newly minted coin in it. Since you did what you did, I don't have to finish this. Thanks.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 07:54:12 PM

So basically, the "proof" we have here is an address on the blockchain with 14BTC in it and the screenshot of some SR account with 14BTC credit also. In addition there was one tx in the past from the address provided directly to the BIG address. So how does this qualify as proof?

1. The owners of both, the address in question (13aZs3PeF8Sc1PwDJLgzg6GEAByxGbDCjS) and of the SR account have not been verified yet. dropt could easily do so by announcing a tx from "his" address to "his" SR account and back. This has not been done yet IIRC.
2. @ dropt: Would you mind revealing your recent tx history from your SR account (if there is such a ledger on SR), to prove that the refunding back to 13aZs3PeF8Sc1PwDJLgzg6GEAByxGbDCjS from your SR account actually DOES come from the SR account and not from somewhere else?
3. Was anyone able to repeat this experiment and is willing to provide proof?

Sry my doubt but this is not what I call "proof" yet. Maybe some of the above requirements have already been met, in that case excuse me pls.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 08:05:03 PM

Not "proof" but perhaps some evidence:
http://blockchain.info/tx/7ec88fc465671f037ec46f509affd1866012b441b89e7d7af75c2920f789c0c9
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 08:30:24 PM

All those values seem to be more around the cost of drugs rather than deposits into BTCST, I figure most people invested even values into BTCST, but that's just me making assumptions.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 08:54:18 PM

The last transaction towards 1Dky precedes BCST closure, so it would be interesting to see what happens when you deposit coins at SR now. As mentioned above, its at least possible Dread Pirate Roberts was investing in BCST.
jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:07:47 PM

All those values seem to be more around the cost of drugs rather than deposits into BTCST, I figure most people invested even values into BTCST, but that's just me making assumptions.
I don't see anything to do with BTCST. Guy posted a pic of his SR deposit address. The SR deposit address has a transaction combined with tons of other addresses going straight to 1dky.
Seems like it's pretty obviously an SR wallet address.
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:08:26 PM

You are all free to open a SR account. I did so and posted it many pages back. This thread is going in circles.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 03:21:20 AM

So basically, the "proof" we have here is an address on the blockchain with 14BTC in it and the screenshot of some SR account with 14BTC credit also. In addition there was one tx in the past from the address provided directly to the BIG address. So how does this qualify as proof?

1. The owners of both, the address in question (13aZs3PeF8Sc1PwDJLgzg6GEAByxGbDCjS) and of the SR account have not been verified yet. dropt could easily do so by announcing a tx from "his" address to "his" SR account and back. This has not been done yet IIRC.
2. @ dropt: Would you mind revealing your recent tx history from your SR account (if there is such a ledger on SR), to prove that the refunding back to 13aZs3PeF8Sc1PwDJLgzg6GEAByxGbDCjS from your SR account actually DOES come from the SR account and not from somewhere else?
3. Was anyone able to repeat this experiment and is willing to provide proof?

Sry my doubt but this is not what I call "proof" yet. Maybe some of the above requirements have already been met, in that case excuse me pls.

*sigh* You guys are ridiculous.   

That's all that shows under account history.

13aZs is my current SR address.  If I refund from there it will go to whatever address I specify.  I have no direct control of this address short of what SR allows.

Here's a transaction I sent there a month or so ago.

Regarding announcing a transaction to the SR address, what exactly do you want me to do?  Do you want to pick a (smallish) number and I'll send that exact amount there and send it back as soon as it confirms?

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 03:31:30 AM

I believe you and require no further proof, I was just commenting on the difficulty of actually proving it outside of screenshots. I was going to do it with other transfers and signed messages stating the amount I was going to transfer and receive, but the fact is, if you use it now, the Silk Road Operators could flag it as a "known outside of Silk Road" address and treat it differently.

What I suspect is going to happen is that over the course of the next 3 months we'll see a new 1Dky materialize from all the deposits, perhaps accruing ~400k. Then, subsequently, that address will be used for withdrawals over the course of the following 3 months. In this fashion, the Silk Road operators keep law enforcement from being able to tie the withdrawals or deposits to any single entity. I do think we've proven that it is NOT a MtGox address, which was my original contention with all the claims that people were making some time ago. From now on, we can assume that any address with a singularly large number of coins is the Silk Road cold storage.
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 03:32:45 AM

1. It's not hard or illegal or detectable to make your own SR account
2. We've been through all this before
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 11:45:32 PM

4a)   SR does 22M in business per year, profits about 1M, and is likely quickly converted to USD
4b)  Gox isn't that stupid, wouldn't build a 500kBTC wallet (that's 5% of ALL btc) and this is not how a Gox cold storage wallet would look (why is it built in weekly / monthly regular headshots? only during this yr?  ending with a super-launder?)

It's Trendon   

At first I was asking myself how you could possibly be good at poker and yet so horrible at probability.  Then I realized you're used to being able to assume all known evidence as absolutely fact when playing poker.  Real life works a little differently buddy.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:27:51 PM

It's Trendon   

At first I was asking myself how you could possibly be good at poker and yet so horrible at probability.  Then I realized you're used to being able to assume all known evidence as absolutely fact when playing poker.  Real life works a little differently buddy.

You obviously don't understand how poker works but then again neither does Micon.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:56:09 PM

It's Trendon   

You obviously don't understand how poker works but then again neither does Micon.

I'm talking card-wise evidence.  Obviously the players are a bunch of liars.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: