Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:01:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Emotional  (Read 2480 times)
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:39:39 AM

There are tons of people that sold their home and got in debt, i cant believe these idiots.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:43:04 AM

There are tons of people that sold their home and got in debt, i cant believe these idiots.
I'/m interested in hearing from those that sold the farm to purchase bitcoins in such a large part. This is interesting.
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:53:07 AM

when you panic: always try to panic before everyone else does.

Panicing early makes you profit.

I panic often - and i like it  Cool
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:54:13 AM

He who panics first, panics the best! Wink

gustav

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:54:52 AM

He who panics first, panics the best! Wink

exactly  Grin

ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:01:08 AM

It's difficult not to get emotional if you lose thousands of dollars in an hour through your bitcoin investments. Professional traders are trained not to get emotional, but I bet there are times when even they start panicking.

Specially when you are holding over 10 bitcoin. A 20$ drop is losing 10% of what you are holding.
gustav

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:08:39 AM

It's difficult not to get emotional if you lose thousands of dollars in an hour through your bitcoin investments. Professional traders are trained not to get emotional, but I bet there are times when even they start panicking.

Specially when you are holding over 10 bitcoin. A 20$ drop is losing 10% of what you are holding.

sitting in front of this volatility and do nothing all year is probably the worst you can do

Selling at a loss isn't a problem as long as you get back in cheaper
Buying high isn't a problem as long as you can sell higher.

Generally rule of thumb: trend is your friend

-and never act out!-

trade with the brain, not with the gut
QuantumCurrency

Activity: 45
Merit: 10

Exchange at the speed of Quantum Entanglement

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:49:35 AM

....We saw a $10 to $15 drop this morning and everyone starts panicking....
Same reason people watch and try to act like the Kardasians.

'Nuff Said.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:14:53 AM

In fact, I have a sign hanging above my monitor that says NO, IT IS NOT DIFFERENT THIS TIME. It has saved me multiple times from making stupid trades.
It's the first time price broke below the previous ATH after making a new ATH.

That doesn't mean shit

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 10:57:21 AM

In fact, I have a sign hanging above my monitor that says NO, IT IS NOT DIFFERENT THIS TIME. It has saved me multiple times from making stupid trades.

That doesn't mean shit

It makes this a vaild EW count:
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:18:00 PM

If there were no emotions, nobody would have bought Bitcoin in the first place. Greed and fear is what makes the world go round.

I agree however, that there is a huge number of traders without any interest in the underlying technology with their thoughts still bound to fiat money. What we need in the Bitcoin economy are closed economic loops. Then the fiat reference will become obsolete.

ya.ya.yo!

Yeah and both those emotions may become stronger or weaker than the other, depending on the situation. It's much like a merry-go-round. We'll always be measuring the relative value of a single Bitcoin, may it be in FIAT (USD/EUR/CNY) or some material good (Water/Break/Electricity/Oil/etc.)

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:26:48 PM

That doesn't mean shit

If it is a "valid EW count", then the Bear can end quickly, and new up-waves will begin.
If not, then '2 to 5' is a single wave (with a correction), and we still have another huge up-move coming soon.

gustav

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:12:29 PM

Hardfork drama will take us to 10$, maybe even lower. 

Look for alternatives is the best you can do.
indiemax

Activity: 722

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:49:54 PM

Hardfork drama will take us to 10$, maybe even lower. 

Look for alternatives is the best you can do.

the hardfork is gonna test some serious lows Grin
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:58:24 PM

I've been thinking more and more...why are people so overly emotional about the bitcoin price? We saw a $10 to $15 drop this morning and everyone starts panicking.

I honestly believe that a lot of people invested more than they can afford to lose and that a lot of people invested who never should have. There are always going to be price fluctuations.

I think it's partly why bitcoin bottomed out so low honestly...lots of these types of people panic sold at a loss. Let's hope most of these faint-hearted, emotional investors have been wiped out of the game.

Well, money obviously makes everyone panick.
Some people are holding large amounts and can't take it.

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:08:30 PM

All those people who have invested large amounts in Bitcoin panic as price the  dips and same happens in stock market or when any other investment takes a toll.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 07:47:29 PM

That doesn't mean shit

If it is a "valid EW count", then the Bear can end quickly, and new up-waves will begin.
If not, then '2 to 5' is a single wave (with a correction), and we still have another huge up-move coming soon.

It is valid, I asked around before about that before. But you are right it's not the only valid count the one you are proposing should be valid too, the correct one can not yet be determined.
However if this count comes to pass and we have ABC corrective waves with A at around ~100, then would wave B not create a new ATH and wave C would take us below 50 before a new bull market finally gets established.

If you are right and my wave 4 is simply a sub-wave of wave three we should go up any time now, right.

I have no idea which one will come to pass, I was simply stating that the price tanking below 250 can be significant and it means something.
g-unit (OP)

Activity: 432

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:06:59 PM

I think way too many people invested for the wrong reasons. They thought they would make a small fortune in a few months and then cash out. But they were in for a rude awakening and probably strapped for cash and forced to cash out at a loss.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:52:01 PM

I've been thinking more and more...why are people so overly emotional about the bitcoin price? We saw a $10 to $15 drop this morning and everyone starts panicking.

I honestly believe that a lot of people invested more than they can afford to lose and that a lot of people invested who never should have. There are always going to be price fluctuations.

I think it's partly why bitcoin bottomed out so low honestly...lots of these types of people panic sold at a loss. Let's hope most of these faint-hearted, emotional investors have been wiped out of the game.

People who get emotional are those who gamble with the money which they can't afford to lose.

rosh

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:43:19 PM

I know.
Even if they do manage to make money at some point, their strategy is all wrong.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: