Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:32:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What altcoin do you think we should use while setting up a new Pyramid site ?
Dogecoin
Litecoin
Darkcoin
Namecoin
Stellar
None
Other (state it in the comments)

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Pyramid [Beta] - The oldest working pyramid  (Read 9174 times)
bitcoinpyramid (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 03:07:18 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2016, 08:13:18 PM by bitcoinpyramid

This project was originaly created and maintained by arsenische in 2011 but due to lack of time it is changing hands now. The original thread is available at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=29390.0

This account was created exclusively to manage this project but I have been a bitcointalk member for a long time using my real identity. This other username and my real identity was disclosed to arsenische. He can provide the details if anything bad happens to the project :-)

Here are some features:
- no password or email address needed
- no limitations on hierarchy depth
- no limitations on the size of membership fee (you can start with 0 btc!)
- about a half of deposited money goes to random members
- new members that do not follow referral links become referrals of random members
- automatic payouts when income hits the threshold (0.05 btc currently)
- all the pyramid info is published on the site, daily backups of the whole mysql database are available at http://bitcoinpyramid.com/backups
- due to previous 2 features, there is almost nothing to hack!

It is in beta-stage yet, I will be grateful for any questions, comments and bug reports.

The registration is open again for new members. I will run the payouts manually for a few days to confirm everything is ok before changing it to automatic.

As soon as the migration to the new server is completed we can start discussing ways to improve it and bring more members onboard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinpyramid (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 03:12:57 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2015, 11:28:00 PM by bitcoinpyramid

Check our subreddit and Twitter.
finlon

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 03:21:07 AM

The identity you talk about can always be faked. No one will trust a ponzi just because you say that.

lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:56:23 AM

Ponzi?? If nobody deposit the game is over
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:46:53 PM

This IS a pyramid... i.e. a completely transparent pyramid.... the second oldest one in the Bitcoin world.... but it is also an advertising platform... you can get paid for the ads.... your odds of getting paid from ads or new users depends on your level of participation... in that sense it is a controlled gamble....

A Gamble.... so stop throwing out words like 'ponzi'. A ponzi is NOT TRANSPARENT.... you can literally follow the money on this site all the way back to the beginning.... you know it all... where it comes in, how it is distributed, where it goes out.... it is a pyramid... not a ponzi....

And unlike most pyramids it is also an advertising engine.....

opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 12:18:38 AM

got about 0.5 btc in the cash out process.  i'll put some back in, when the server migration is done.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
Baghead

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:26:01 AM

Will wait for more information.
stellar69

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 12:50:10 AM

That's called a ponzi I guess.
How will the members that do not follow referral link become referrals of random users? Wouldn't that be cheating?
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:21:03 AM

If refferal random is good, is transparance.
sandykho47bt

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 03:22:46 AM

Is this use pyramid scheme / ponzi scheme
Anyway, both of them are very dangerous

And become refferal to someone random is pretty unfair, i think
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 05:35:20 PM

Dangerous? In what sense? Like betting that Seattle might win the superbowl?

It's 'gambling'.... that is all it is....

Open, transparent, exactly what it seems/is....

It has been online for 4 years....

bitcoinpyramid (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 11:57:55 PM

The identity you talk about can always be faked. No one will trust a ponzi just because you say that.

Unfortunately I wasn't very clear on my comment. What I meant is that I have another account here for a long time. I use my real identity in that account and have plenty of recommendations from other members who know me.

I agree this might bring doubts, but as you can see most of the income is sent to members as soon as possible and only values below the limit stay in my possession... there isn't much to be stolen.

Ponzi?? If nobody deposit the game is over

Actually the pyramid has also an advertising platform which brings income to the members as long as we have a good public reaching our site.
Every advertise has also two addresses which allow everyone to pay to improve visibility or reduce visibility for the ad... resources spent doing this are also shared among members.
There is also an "special" ad which users can promote in order to avoid advertises.

This IS a pyramid... i.e. a completely transparent pyramid.... the second oldest one in the Bitcoin world.... but it is also an advertising platform... you can get paid for the ads.... your odds of getting paid from ads or new users depends on your level of participation... in that sense it is a controlled gamble....

A Gamble.... so stop throwing out words like 'ponzi'. A ponzi is NOT TRANSPARENT.... you can literally follow the money on this site all the way back to the beginning.... you know it all... where it comes in, how it is distributed, where it goes out.... it is a pyramid... not a ponzi....

And unlike most pyramids it is also an advertising engine.....

Thanks for helping with the doubts of newcomers.

Everyone should consider this being a game, we are not promising turning members rich overnight. The rules are clear about how it works (although they can change a little in the future to attract new users).

got about 0.5 btc in the cash out process.  i'll put some back in, when the server migration is done.

Great, this way you improve your odds to receive other payments while keeping the site active. Thanks!!

Will wait for more information.

I hope you like what you see... Please don't hesitate in asking question or making suggestions.

That's called a ponzi I guess.
How will the members that do not follow referral link become referrals of random users? Wouldn't that be cheating?

Every member has to become someone else's referral. This way people reaching the site without a referral are referred to one of the existing members.

But I would be glad to hear suggestions about any other way this could be done.

If refferal random is good, is transparance.

Thanks.

What do you suggest to make it fair ?

We have setup twitter account and a subreddit. Please help to promote it as it helps everybody.

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:27:03 AM

A ponzi by any other name would smell as sweet.  Tongue
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 08:24:30 PM

got some payouts, I went to check and saw that registration is open again
and I opened a new position
http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/17351[1] 

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 10:55:36 PM

Now that you own the code for BitcoinPyramid consider starting a brand new Pyramid...

DogecoinPyramid

Or perhaps some other altcoin... we could have a vote...

I think Doge would be a good choice as people are more apt to 'spend' Doge than almost any other crypto....

Also you could announce to us in this thread as well as on the BitcoinPyramid site itself as a way to give us a head start before going even more public with it....

bitcoinpyramid (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 01:02:49 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2015, 01:20:00 AM by bitcoinpyramid

Now that you own the code for BitcoinPyramid consider starting a brand new Pyramid...

DogecoinPyramid

Or perhaps some other altcoin... we could have a vote...

I think Doge would be a good choice as people are more apt to 'spend' Doge than almost any other crypto....

Also you could announce to us in this thread as well as on the BitcoinPyramid site itself as a way to give us a head start before going even more public with it....

That's a great idea to promote our site. I know doge has a great community and it would be a good choice as I don't feel like adding every altcoin out there would be a good idea (too much work for too little advertisement). I will open a pool in order to hear other members' opinion.

bitcoinpyramid (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 01:19:07 AM

In the following days I will need to setup new deposit addresses for current members (anyone who had address generated prior to migration). This is required to avoid problems with these addresses being held also on the old wallet.

The way I plan to do it is generating the new addresses and updating the database replacing the old one for the new one. After this, anyone is strongly advised to start using the new address instead of the old one.

I will write a small script which will be watching the old addresses and moving any bitcoins received for the new addresses and will run it for a few weeks.

I would like to hear from anyone who cannot change the deposit address.

Thanks
Mist

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

:)

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:31:32 AM

I'd vouch that doge would be good too.
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:34:26 AM

In the following days I will need to setup new deposit addresses for current members (anyone who had address generated prior to migration). This is required to avoid problems with these addresses being held also on the old wallet.

The way I plan to do it is generating the new addresses and updating the database replacing the old one for the new one. After this, anyone is strongly advised to start using the new address instead of the old one.

I will write a small script which will be watching the old addresses and moving any bitcoins received for the new addresses and will run it for a few weeks.

I would like to hear from anyone who cannot change the deposit address.

Thanks

I have many positions on the pyramid that pay into other positions.... I also have many positions that pay into old dead exchanges.... so I am looking forward to a new alt coin one so I can begin again and do it properly.... WITH MY OWN WALLETS.... The bitcoinpyramid is becoming a lost cause for me because I was dumb and stupid when I first signed up....

Arkyo

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 03:48:09 AM

DOGE would be very good that nine ninja game do DOGE and people like!!

In Crypto We Trust
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: