Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:59:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with Antminer WAN settings..(donation within)  (Read 682 times)
srt4racerdave (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:30:21 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2015, 09:54:47 AM by srt4racerdave

Hello, my name is Dave and I venture on here whenever I encounter a problem I can't solve. Heres the issue. I recently (two days ago) got new internet. I didn't switch ISP, rather upgraded from 50mb to their brand new 125mb package. Well, With this new internet came a new IP address for my entire home network. I am unable to change the ip back to it's previous state. My former ip was 192.168.xx.xx. My new one is 50.4.xx.xx. I was able to change the ip address on my antminer from it's default 192.168.xx.xx to an address on the new network, 50.4.xx.xxx. I am now able to log into my antminer again from the web browser. The issue is, it isn't mining. I changed the WAN settings to what I THOUGH was correct, but it isn't working. If someone could walk me through exactly what to change my WAN settings to, I would consider it a favor of time and throw a small donation your way. Time is money and I've been struggling with this for two days now. I'm guessing that I just haven't entered the new ipv4 address, subnet mask (which is different now as well), and gateway correctly, but I am out of ideas and frustrated. Thanks for your time.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 07:02:32 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2015, 07:30:16 AM by Zich

Hello, my name is Dave and I venture on here whenever I encounter a problem I can't solve. Heres the issue. I recently (two days ago) got new internet. I didn't switch ISP, rather upgraded from 50mb to their brand new 125mb package. Well, With this new internet came a new IP address for my entire home network. I am unable to change the ip back to it's previous state. My former ip was 192.168.1.x. My new one is 50.4.84.x. I was able to change the ip address on my antminer from it's default 192.168.1.99 to an address on the new network, 50.4.84.xxx. I am now able to log into my antminer again from the web browser. The issue is, it isn't mining. I changed the WAN settings to what I THOUGH was correct, but it isn't working. If someone could walk me through exactly what to change my WAN settings to, I would consider it a favor of time and throw a small donation your way. Time is money and I've been struggling with this for two days now. I'm guessing that I just haven't entered the new ipv4 address, subnet mask (which is different now as well), and gateway correctly, but I am out of ideas and frustrated. Thanks for your time.

Please post the screen shot of your antminer network setting page
boomin

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:07:41 AM

OMFG dude! WTF ARE YOU DOING?Huh  Take this message down NOW!!!  that is an externally routed ip address.  I was questioning it at first until I just logged in to your miner!  You need to hook it up to an internal router and firewall outside access.  Go to a router first please!!!   

I didn't change all your pools - but I promise someone will...PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!

Boomin
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:12:06 AM

What kind of router do you have? You should simply log into it and change the address back to 192.168.1.x as it was before. You had setup static ip addresses on your ants?
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:16:31 AM

Err.. Yeah, he's right. I was also able to connect to your miner before you took it down. Please give a detailed description of your network, you're definitely doing something wrong lol.
GoRDoN-ChoU

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:20:25 AM

DNS problem?
GoRDoN-ChoU

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:21:36 AM

Err.. Yeah, he's right. I was also able to connect to your miner before you took it down. Please give a detailed description of your network, you're definitely doing something wrong lol.
me too!
maybe some1 just fuck up his miner
srt4racerdave (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:27:12 AM

Wow, I guess I screwed up terribly. Now I can't even connect. Can someone please help? I will make it worth your time.
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:30:15 AM

Check your private messages.
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 07:35:03 AM

Wow, I guess I screwed up terribly. Now I can't even connect. Can someone please help? I will make it worth your time.

Please explain here how did you connect to internet?
Like Cable modem -> router or usb modem -> router

Or pick one member here & send them your teamviewer id & password
mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:59:38 AM

throw me a message if you need some help, i'll be happy to log onto teamviewer and try and fix it.
srt4racerdave (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 09:53:48 AM

Issue resolved. Thanks for the offer mazedk and Zich, I do appreciate your time reading my posts. However, the user Prelude HAS GONE OUT OF HIS WAY AND SPENT MULTIPLE HOURS ON TEAM VIEWER TONIGHT HELPING ME OUT. He was able to change my IP back to it's original state before my ISP changed it on me, which in turn let my network recognize all of the devices, including the antminer, once again. Again, HUGE THANKS to PRELUDE, model member to this community and the internet in general. This post was in frustration - my miner has been working uninterrupted for over a year, and then my ISP changed my address on me. After a few days of tinkering, I just decided to post. I didn't actually consider that this was the internet, I guess. Either way - Thanks for not messing my stuff up too bad, I suppose.

Just for reference - My antminer is connected via ethernet to a linksys hub switch in my room. The hub switch is then connected to the modem with a cable, which is then connected to the wireless router which I do not use. I wasn't able to access my modem, so we bypassed it and connected my cable straight to the router. This gave us the access we needed to be able to change my IP back. The issue was, I couldn't access my antminer because the ip was changed.
Zich
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 10:22:38 AM

Issue resolved. Thanks for the offer mazedk and Zich, I do appreciate your time reading my posts. However, the user Prelude HAS GONE OUT OF HIS WAY AND SPENT MULTIPLE HOURS ON TEAM VIEWER TONIGHT HELPING ME OUT. He was able to change my IP back to it's original state before my ISP changed it on me, which in turn let my network recognize all of the devices, including the antminer, once again. Again, HUGE THANKS to PRELUDE, model member to this community and the internet in general. This post was in frustration - my miner has been working uninterrupted for over a year, and then my ISP changed my address on me. After a few days of tinkering, I just decided to post. I didn't actually consider that this was the internet, I guess. Either way - Thanks for not messing my stuff up too bad, I suppose.

Just for reference - My antminer is connected via ethernet to a linksys hub switch in my room. The hub switch is then connected to the modem with a cable, which is then connected to the wireless router which I do not use. I wasn't able to access my modem, so we bypassed it and connected my cable straight to the router. This gave us the access we needed to be able to change my IP back. The issue was, I couldn't access my antminer because the ip was changed.

No problem, happy mining  Smiley
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:37:11 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Smiley Was happy to help!

Yeah, the issue was:

Modem ---> Switch ---> Ant instead of

Modem ---> Router ---> Switch ---> Ant
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: