Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:39:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a bit of direction into android development  (Read 643 times)
Trace (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 05:28:37 AM

Just recently got my hands on one of those newfangled android tablets (nexus 7 to be precise) and am quite intrigued on jumping into application development before all the undergrads get back to bother me.

I've got a decent programming experience, but it's mostly with C for embedded microprocessors, and a bit of parsing and graphing captured data using python, so the whole world of gui development is new to me. I started with a search on google and am working on getting the tools and background knowledge needed.

Mostly, I was wondering if there was anyone here that could share their experiences of when they were breaking into this field or point towards some beginner/intermediate level guides.

I hope to get to producing a few neat ideas I have to track my bitcoin endeavours and of course share the more useful ones.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
serp

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

@serp

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 05:38:00 AM

Google has a decent set up with eclipse for the gui design, sdk, code editor and they have a few pages that make it easy to set up.
If you are new to java you'll do a lot of swearing at how verbose it is compared to C and python.

The basics of it is that the configuration of the apps and the GUI are designed by XML files.
The application logic is defined by java type classes in the code files.
You'll do a whole lot of extending existing classes in order to get stuff done.

Really you just need to spend a few days diving in.. I suggest you come up with some really simple project to start off with and then just google your way to completing it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: