Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:00:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Payment Not Delivered by "R-" for Work Rendered  (Read 10802 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 08:15:32 AM

At what point does his lack of repayment become unreasonable? I say there should be a hard date set in the near future for repayment. Mushroomized has been extremely civil and patient and deserves a resolution to this be it payment or scammer tag for R-. It has become quite clear he does not intend to pay his debt in a reasonable amount of time.

Mushroomized could have had opportunities to cash out his rightful possessions at $15.28, the latest peak. That works out to be about $600 total for the project minus what has already been paid (not sure but it is a fraction of the total). Seeing as the delay is completely R-'s responsibility he should be paying the all time high value of the Bitcoins owed since project completion. That would be fair in the strictest sense, especially since he is abusing his leeway here with lack of continuing payments. He is not an insta-loan place or a a bank, he is a designer that completed the work you requested, for a fee you approved, pay the man already.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:11:35 PM

VIP tag should have been taken away a long time ago, at the very least.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 02:36:24 AM

Still no new news 

hi
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 07:46:10 AM

PM Maged and see if he will take some action.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 02:59:24 PM

ActualyLy, PM theymos. I already sent mage a PM about this a while back with no response.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:13:50 PM

ActualyLy, PM theymos. I already sent mage a PM about this a while back with no response.
Sorry, I didn't realize that you were looking for a response since the message was more of a FYI.

Anyway, I PM'd R- again to see what the delay is.

Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 03:57:16 AM

Maybe R- = Romney and he needs to money to pay to keep his tax records.

hi
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:14:59 AM

Last Active: August 23, 2012, 11:50:56 AM
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 09:32:16 AM

But you can reverse the charges.  If it was funded by a bank account then it is reversible.  Although the amount of time you waited might make it hard to reverse.
You cannot reverse a bank transfer unless it wasn't authorized or the recipient defrauded you. The bank transfer was authorized and the recipient of the bank transfer did not defraud you. Reversing the bank transfer in this case would be like if you wired $100 to your Son to buy books and he got mugged and you tried to reverse the wire.

I tried to, but paypal wouldn't let me because it was marked as a gift. I funded my PP with a credit card though, not sure if this makes a difference.
You cannot dispute the credit card charge. (Well, you can, but there will be very bad consequences.) The credit card payment was made to PayPal, and PayPal did what you asked them to do and did not defraud you.

Great, a credit card is even easier.  Just call your credit card company and tell them to reverse the charges.  R- has perpetrated fraud and you can reverse charges in the case of fraud.  Don't bother with contacting Paypal as they don't want to reverse charges.
The credit card payment wasn't to R, it was to PayPal. PayPal doesn't guarantee that R will comply with the terms of your agreement -- in fact, they make it specifically clear to you that they don't. That's why you have to lie to them to make the transfer. If anything, you defrauded PayPal by exposing them to a risky transaction they specifically made it clear they wouldn't accept.

It's like you went to a bank to withdraw $1,000 and they said, "Hey, don't take that in cash, this is a risky neighborhood" and you said "It's not problem, I have a car waiting right outside". Then you walked around with the money, got mugged, and now want the bank to give you back your $1,000.

(The consequence of doing this, by the way, will be that PayPal will ban you and anyone associated with you from using their service for life. You will have straight up defrauded them.)

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:19:46 PM

With long delays between excuses, and vague feedback, confusing criticism it's taken a roughly eight hours of work and nearly two months with the constant revisions to complete the project.

I've been doing art and making web sites a long time. I started actually selling my work 20 years ago as an illustrator for small time sci-fi, fantasy & horror mags (u likely haven't heard of any and they probably don't exist anyway). When the internet took off I moved into that and have created online ads and web sites for many companies you're heard of. I could probably give you lots of advice if you're just starting out, but you'd have to pay me for my time. Smiley

What I *will* impart to you for free, you lucky dog, is:
- never work for spec. We know this, most of us having learned the hard way, yet are still tempted from time to time. Don't do it. Those that want you to work for free, only to pay you when its done to their satisfaction, will never be satisfied or will drive you crazy if you're lucky enough that they arrive at satisfaction. You will go broke working this way. You will lose some clients taking this route, but the clients you keep working on spec aren't worth having.
- when you take a job use a contract in writing even if its informal such as an email. Setup and agree to phases. Agree to get paid 25% or 33% to start and for each phase. Agree to get paid another installment upon delivery of the first round of art. Agree to only a few rounds or revisions (and be sure to define "few" as in 3 or 4). Agree if the client needs more revisions they pay more for those. Agree to final payment on delivery. Agree to only give final files and the right to use said art only upon final payment of all funds due to you. Again, you will lose potential clients this way. Some will not be satisfied upon hearing you won't revise for free until the end of eternity. I assure you a business can be built through honest clients who understand they cannot ask for unlimited revisions. And again, when you work for those who insist on unlimited revisions you are asking to have clients who will abuse you -- there are people who only use beginners so they can abuse them in this way.
- clients will ask you how, if they pay you, they can be sure to like what you deliver. They cannot be sure. They need to be comfortable with your previous body of work and hire you based on it. Some won't, some will definitely. Build your business by doing a great job for those who've hired you because those peopl will be advocates later to help you sell to others who are wary of being satisfied. You will still, once in a great while, not satisfy someone. Art is subjective. We can't please everyone all the time. It may not end well in this situation (i'll tell you my experience if u want to know but its pretty boring) but you will have delivered each phase of the agreement that has been paid to you and at least been paid for your time up to the disappointment. You are selling time. You are not selling web sites or logos. You are selling your time.

Having said all this, I sorta tested the shark infested waters of this community a year ago and nearly got bitten since I did not practice any of what I just preached to you, but I was risking $3 and a half an hour. If this is your career you need to be more careful.

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

With long delays between excuses, and vague feedback, confusing criticism it's taken a roughly eight hours of work and nearly two months with the constant revisions to complete the project.

I've been doing art and making web sites a long time. I started actually selling my work 20 years ago as an illustrator for small time sci-fi, fantasy & horror mags (u likely haven't heard of any and they probably don't exist anyway). When the internet took off I moved into that and have created online ads and web sites for many companies you're heard of. I could probably give you lots of advice if you're just starting out, but you'd have to pay me for my time. Smiley

What I *will* impart to you for free, you lucky dog, is:
- never work for spec. We know this, most of us having learned the hard way, yet are still tempted from time to time. Don't do it. Those that want you to work for free, only to pay you when its done to their satisfaction, will never be satisfied or will drive you crazy if you're lucky enough that they arrive at satisfaction. You will go broke working this way. You will lose some clients taking this route, but the clients you keep working on spec aren't worth having.
- when you take a job use a contract in writing even if its informal such as an email. Setup and agree to phases. Agree to get paid 25% or 33% to start and for each phase. Agree to get paid another installment upon delivery of the first round of art. Agree to only a few rounds or revisions (and be sure to define "few" as in 3 or 4). Agree if the client needs more revisions they pay more for those. Agree to final payment on delivery. Agree to only give final files and the right to use said art only upon final payment of all funds due to you. Again, you will lose potential clients this way. Some will not be satisfied upon hearing you won't revise for free until the end of eternity. I assure you a business can be built through honest clients who understand they cannot ask for unlimited revisions. And again, when you work for those who insist on unlimited revisions you are asking to have clients who will abuse you -- there are people who only use beginners so they can abuse them in this way.
- clients will ask you how, if they pay you, they can be sure to like what you deliver. They cannot be sure. They need to be comfortable with your previous body of work and hire you based on it. Some won't, some will definitely. Build your business by doing a great job for those who've hired you because those peopl will be advocates later to help you sell to others who are wary of being satisfied. You will still, once in a great while, not satisfy someone. Art is subjective. We can't please everyone all the time. It may not end well in this situation (i'll tell you my experience if u want to know but its pretty boring) but you will have delivered each phase of the agreement that has been paid to you and at least been paid for your time up to the disappointment. You are selling time. You are not selling web sites or logos. You are selling your time.

Having said all this, I sorta tested the shark infested waters of this community a year ago and nearly got bitten since I did not practice any of what I just preached to you, but I was risking $3 and a half an hour. If this is your career you need to be more careful.
ooooh, I appreciate the insight man. Good advice Smiley

hi
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 02:42:13 AM

So did you ever get paid Mush? See, she took a loan from me for 10 BTC, and she said she would have paid me back a long time ago, but she never got paid for some work. Now due to the terms of our loan that we set as a joke at the time, she now owes me 1.8 Million BTC, as we set the terms that 200% interest would compound daily after our initial 1 month agreement.

So... if Mush doesn't get her BTC soon, I'm going to have to break her other leg. And trust me, she doesn't need any more deformities. R, could you live with yourself knowing that you are making some poor hideous woman even more hideous as she falls deeper and deeper into debt?

BTW, Mush, it will be 3.6 Million BTC owed in 1 hour and 20 minutes, so you better hurry the hell up.

also, hopefully by now, people have realized that I was joking. About the money anyway. I'm serious about having to break her other leg, and the ugly part though
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 01:56:21 AM

So did you ever get paid Mush? See, she took a loan from me for 10 BTC, and she said she would have paid me back a long time ago, but she never got paid for some work. Now due to the terms of our loan that we set as a joke at the time, she now owes me 1.8 Million BTC, as we set the terms that 200% interest would compound daily after our initial 1 month agreement.

So... if Mush doesn't get her BTC soon, I'm going to have to break her other leg. And trust me, she doesn't need any more deformities. R, could you live with yourself knowing that you are making some poor hideous woman even more hideous as she falls deeper and deeper into debt?

BTW, Mush, it will be 3.6 Million BTC owed in 1 hour and 20 minutes, so you better hurry the hell up.

also, hopefully by now, people have realized that I was joking. About the money anyway. I'm serious about having to break her other leg, and the ugly part though

Well, he got a scammer tag, I never got paid back and now I'm going to lose one of my legs...

hi
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:05:31 AM

Well, he got a scammer tag, I never got paid back and now I'm going to lose one of my legs...

Well, you will still owe me 7.2 Million BTC in 1 hour and 55 minutes. And I will steal your cat.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:10:56 AM

I have his email and full name if you want to pursue this further. Just PM me.
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 02:31:40 AM

I have his email and full name if you want to pursue this further. Just PM me.

Nah I sent him a pm, he said he was still working to resolve it. Hes being pretty nice right now.

hi
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 08:58:16 PM

Nah I sent him a pm, he said he was still working to resolve it. Hes being pretty nice right now.

Hi,
 Thank you for the vote of confidence. I am working to pay you back.

R-
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 09:09:08 PM

Hi,

R-

Mang, you better hurry up. Mush owes me 460.8 Million BTC at this point. It will be 921.6 Million in 7 Hours.
Mushroomized (OP)
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 06:30:16 PM

Hi,

R-

Mang, you better hurry up. Mush owes me 460.8 Million BTC at this point. It will be 921.6 Million in 7 Hours.
Welp I PM'd him once more, to see if hes going to actually do this or is just still messing with me (for whatever reason)

hi
mila

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:05:57 PM

Hi,

R-

what happened to the 23k btc college fund?

your ad here:
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: