Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:01:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Etiquette for Ponzi operators.  (Read 593 times)
cheako911 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:33:40 PM

There are some things I wanted to say to the OPs and I thought I'd be best to discuss the ground rules.

Here is what's on my mind.

Section A Round Boundaries:
Take a few moments to slice up the last minuet of the round.  Establish an end time of the previous round and a few seconds where all deposits are automatically refunded prior to the start of the next.

The losers of the previous round may want to wait till the last second to get at the reward by contributing.  List the next address paid out as well as the amount needed to obtain the payout.  It may be more than the initial deposit, but if it nets that user a few mBTC they would loose otherwise this could keep a dead round going.

Section B Rolling Addressees:
Don't do this, just stop.  The users need to be able to audit your game or else it's like you are actually running a Ponzi.

If you must use a BIP32 Deterministic Wallet that users can verify during the round.  Use one wallet per set of game rules.

Security?
Work the wallet backwards so that you can release the current Derived Public Key without releasing any of the next addresses, every round a new DPK is released and it's proven that the next DPK is the one used for the previous round and all rounds that came before.

Typically the first 20 addresses are usable, but you should jump ahead(use a tool like http://bip32.org/) a few years worth of keys.
michinzx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:33:41 AM

what ponzi operators actually do:
1: set up the website
2: wait
3: run with free money
Balitourist

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:36:20 AM

there is no etiquette for ponzi operator
they only want to SCAM
end of story
Mist

Activity: 434

:)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:50:05 AM

Or, you could also just not run a ponzi. No one plays em anymore.
plost24

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:02:17 AM

don't lose your time if you investigate what you have you will win more because only the new in bitcoin do the ponzi with small amount

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: