Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:34:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reach out for the white spots!  (Read 9438 times)
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 04:46:21 PM

Hi,

I've been posting about bitcoin in Iran before.

It's really a pain to even download the standard client as sourceforge denies requests from Iran (This is not the Mullahs being bad, this is sourceforge embargo of Bitcoin users (aka "us") in Iran. Many other sides enforce the embargo for open source, too).

It is a pain to get informed as 99% (really 99%) of the people there don't know any English so all the basic information should be translated to reach out to such countries.
There should be need as the inflation is horrible there.
There are no exchanges for IRR obviously.

Is there a project already of any kind that lists our reach for regions and languages? Like a checklist per country of availability of local(ized):
information (like bitcoin.org or this forum)
client (web, full node, mobile)
exchange (local, doing business in the local currency or being reachable through local payment providers)
BTC business (locals actually running some kind of btc business)

I know that at traviangames.com the huge success came with internationalization. The game was available in German and English and those markets were totally saturated with games. The Arab version rocked though as there was not much of competition. I could imagine that the western world is pretty saturated with financial online services, too and reaching out to more exotic languages could boost bitcoin.

Lastly to get BTC to for example Iran there needs to be something to sell from these countries. IRR are not really useful for anything outside of Iran so Iran would have to export something else in exchange for in-flowing BTC. I can only encourage all of us to keep mentioning bitcoin to all that want to sell stuff online. I told Mohammad Rafigh about this new way to sell his music outside of Iran and he's trying it out now via coinDL. I love this album and hope for more soon and I'm sure if it works for him, he will spread the word and people like him wanting to get fiat for their BTC will try to sell locally, … well … you know what I'm trying to say. Stop getting too excited about yet another clone of an existing service opening up for explored territories and reach out for the white spots of bitcoin-land instead!

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 04:51:42 PM

scourcforge plays politics and puts an embargo on the people of Iran??
Why? Thats wrong.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 05:49:31 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2012, 06:08:49 PM by knight22

I totally agree with this! Bitcoin needs more platforms to spreads all over the world

Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 05:52:11 PM

Another way for Iranians to acquire bitcoins would be to mine them yourselves.

That, or as you said sell some sort of products online.

You must have something in Iran, that doesn't weigh too much and can be legally exported, and would be of interest to foreigners...

All I know that we import from Iran is dates tho Smiley

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 05:56:48 PM

Why? Thats wrong.
There are international sanctions against Iran. Those apply to you and bitcoin as well as nations and there fiat money.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 06:13:10 PM

According to the TV, Iran is the devil.

I am surprised you are allowed to be on this website.

I call for a ban!

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 06:14:19 PM

Try to spin it trough other countries. Can Iran make businesses with China?

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 06:15:23 PM

According to the TV, Iran is the devil.

I am surprised you are allowed to be on this website.

I call for a ban!

In my point of view, USA is much more evil than any other countries.

fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 06:17:13 PM

why would i care if people who have nothing i want and dont speak any language i speak use bitcoin or not? if iran suddenly vanished i probably wouldnt even notice.
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 06:20:28 PM

why would i care if people who have nothing i want and dont speak any language i speak use bitcoin or not? if iran suddenly vanished i probably wouldnt even notice.

Here is the American way! Congrat dude! (sarcastically)

giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 07:04:14 PM

Why? Thats wrong.

I believe it is wrong, too. That is why I try to bring it to your attention. Just like people from Iran use a proxy to not run into theirs or our blocking, you can use a proxy to see the internet through their eyes.

My experiences might be outdated and I can't find a proxy that works right now. Feel free to verify if you can use github and sourceforge if you have your proxy set such that you get some strange Farsi link list for facebook or blogspot.

Yes, some companies might be bound by law to block connections from Iran but I doubt that this is a general problem as so many other US-based sites are still reachable.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 07:09:15 PM

The brilliance of your words shines bright. You must truly be an outstandingly happy and intelligent being.

ɃɃ
ildubbioso

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 07:11:17 PM

why would i care if people who have nothing i want and dont speak any language i speak use bitcoin or not?

Because if they use BTCs, their value grow  Grin
fornit

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 07:13:25 PM

The brilliance of your words shines bright. You must truly be an outstandingly happy and intelligent being.

then tell me what exactly changes for you personally when a few hundred thousand iranians suddenly use bitcoin?
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 07:30:32 PM

then tell me what exactly changes for you personally when a few hundred thousand iranians suddenly use bitcoin?

Exactly as much as if a few hundred thousand Americans, Germans, Chileans or Italians suddenly used bitcoin. Opposed to you I actually do have friends in Iran and I do care if they can interact with the rest of the world or not. Their government discusses ultimately cutting the internet and makes them jump through hoops to get in touch with the rest of the world and ignorant fornits that don't care, make it possible that not only weapons and "dangerous" high tech can't be sent to Iran but also bitcoin and firefox. Congratulations.

ɃɃ
fornit

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 08:24:41 PM

unlike the countries you mentioned there is absolutely no shared market with iran. 300.000 more american or european bitcoin users would be great news for all companies already supporting bitcoin and will very likely bring more developers and other entrepreneurs. plus thats a goal that might actually be achievable. getting 300.000 iranians to use bitcoin on the other hand might be next to impossible and leave us with 300.000 we are barely able to trade or communicate with.

i didnt make the trade embargo nor did i forget to put english on the school plans in iran. and i dont support any of that either. but i acknowledge their existence and the effects they will have on bitcoin adoption in iran and similar countries. i think you are the ignorant here, because you refuse to acknowledge a reality you dont like. which is that bringing bitcoin to iran is a very likely futile effort at this point.
cloon

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 08:40:44 PM

it would be great to bring bitcoin to iran!
but it has to be a person from iran to translate a how-to-use-bitcoins site cause nobody else knows how t is possible in iran.
i dont see Iran as an enemy, we're just disinformed by evil mainstream-media.

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 08:46:44 PM

… blabla …

I met developers and entrepreneurs in Iran. Iran actually has huge quantities of oil for sale among many other products.

Oh, yes, we forgot to put English on their school plans. Right. That's what we did wrong. (sorry I have to ignore you and you are the first troll that gets this honor on this forum. The others I at least manage to not feed.)

ɃɃ
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 08:53:47 PM

i dont see Iran as an enemy, we're just disinformed by evil mainstream-media.
Judging from most of the above post, I would say brainwashed instead of disinformed.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 09:19:37 PM

Why would I have to spend time reading idiotic statements on this forum? Oh, wait - I don't. There is the "ignore" button available.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: