Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:56:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL ignoring my email about their empty parcel  (Read 3198 times)
BFL-Engineer

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 02:28:34 PM

than u can only ask your postal service for a refund

Of course, I wrote a statement in russian post servise for refund, but I rejected to take the parcel and it does not matter (I think).

if i take the parcel, i will give russian post servise invoice and inventory of parcel. It documents had to give me BFL, but!!! BFL still not answer me.

BTW... the parcel was within in local post until 07/16/2012 (i will rewrote a statement... first was incorrect) and i could take the parcel, but BFL not commented my email.
And i decided to rejected to take the parcel.

I don't send expensive things to someone without insurance! Smiley
in russian post servise you pay a percentage of the cost parcel - this is the insurance... in documents i see cost 599$.
AND MAYBE THE PARCEL WAS INSURENCE BY BFL... BUT BFL SILENT

Dear asdlsd,

This is the first time we're hearing this. A package does not leave our doorstep without a unit. Can you please let us know what
you exactly found in the package?

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

BF Labs Inc.  www.butterflylabs.com   -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asdlsd (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:09:40 PM

Dear BFL.

Glad to hear you.

If you first hear about this situation plaese read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94831.msg1048982#msg1048982

Can you please let us know what you exactly found in the package?

Today I have received your parcel, but there wasn’t the device inside (only USB-cable and power adapter)
... and there was a broken transparent package from unit.

Any question?... And please comment this situation (ex. about insurance).
MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:28:56 PM

TO BFL

Is it possible to pay extra for a faster shipping and for insurance? Small price to pay if you live in EU for example and have ordered SC MiniRig.
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:00:11 PM

asdlsd, 

while I know that's no consolation to you,  you are not alone with getting no responses from BFL. 

I'm waiting for 10 days now for a response regarding an upgrade order, despite several follow-ups by me (emails, PMs, calls). 
It doesn't matter that I placed several previous orders with them, they have not responded to this request so far. 
Looking back, it makes the previous positive experiences I had just look like random flukes.

ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:11:55 PM

If you ordered MiniRig and want to convert it to ASIC, they will contact you and give you this opportunity when your line in queue for the MiniRig is reached.
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:18:16 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2012, 06:53:12 PM by wogaut

If you ordered MiniRig and want to convert it to ASIC, they will contact you and give you this opportunity when your line in queue for the MiniRig is reached.

I don't quite follow you with this.  So you are saying they will contact me and say "hey, we are about to deliver your mini-rig now, and btw do you want to upgrade?" That doesn't sound right to me. And even so, why are not THEY telling me something like that, but instead leaving me without any answer at all?

UPDATE: In my case it just took a while but everything got sorted out perfectly. 

ice_chill

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:35:58 PM

I don't quite follow you with this.  So you are saying they will contact me and say "hey, we are about to deliver your mini-rig now, and btw do you want to upgrade?" That doesn't sound right to me. And even so, why are not THEY telling me something like that, but instead leaving me without any answer at all?

Sorry, but that's just very poor customer service. 

Yes that's how it is.

TBH I think they have something wrong with their email client, a staff member there called John sent me an email on the 4th, but I never received it and only found out about it today when they contacted me regarding the upgrade.
Also the queue in line for the upgrade won't be pushed back, it will be in accordance with you MiniRig order line (they have 2 separate queues, 1 for new order and 1 for upgrades).

I received a PayPal invoice for a tiny amount to upgrade my MiniRig to 12 SC Singles.
Overall I am happy, you just need to be patient with them.
asdlsd (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 12:44:25 PM

Quote from: BFL-Engineer
Dear asdlsd,

This is the first time we're hearing this. A package does not leave our doorstep without a unit. Can you please let us know what
you exactly found in the package?

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Dear BFL.

Glad to hear you.

If you first hear about this situation plaese read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94831.msg1048982#msg1048982

Can you please let us know what you exactly found in the package?

Today I have received your parcel, but there wasn’t the device inside (only USB-cable and power adapter)
... and there was a broken transparent package from unit.

Any question?... And please comment this situation (ex. about insurance).
And???

I answer you questions...

or you answer me in next time over 4-6 weeks (c) ?
ice_chill

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 01:30:40 PM

They will contact a genuine psychic to find out whether this story is genuine or not, once (if) they know it's genuine they will do something about it.
Sant001

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 02:56:11 AM

If this is the 1st time this has happened to BFL I can understand and expect them to react with skepticism and even some suspicion for the OP claims, after all BFL will know for a fact that shipped the product.

But if you sell on eBay to international buyers, that's a common issue that you have to handle.

Contents of packages shipped via the Post Office go missing quite often actually, to some regions of the world the actual rate might exceed 10% of the packages arriving with something missing from them.

The solution to this is:

1. Seal the package well with tape or other stronger material depending on the size of the package. If your package is more difficult to rob than others, then they (the robbers, whoever they are) will pass your package looking for an easier target.

2. Insure your package when shipping it, that's essential. But when shipping to some parts of the world the Post Office might not offer the possibility of full insurance for your destination. Nevertheless the buyer will expect you to cover any this kind of loss, so it's a good idea to charge your own insurance fee on top of the shipping fee. Something 1-5% of the total cost (product+shipping fee) will do just fine.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: