Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:25:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Real world use of BTC  (Read 1986 times)
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 08:30:56 AM

I agree. It seems like a tremendous waste to use Bitcoin for everyday expenses.

My friend, dont you see how your way of thinking is completely incorrect?
The more mainstream BTC becomes, the more its value will increase.

What do you think would happen to the value of the US dollar tomorrow if it was not the world currency to trade crude oil globally?
The Value of anything is directly tied to its usefulness and desirability.

The day that BTC is used as a common form of payment for daily consumables, i assure you a single coin will be worth much much more than $220 (price of this post)

I think many people have a long term goal to make fiat by hording BTC, but this approach is fundamentally flawed.

Yes, I agree with this.
But, it seems that is very difficult to make such ''breakthrough'' with bitcoin right now.
Most average users selling bitcoin in panic, and price of BTC falling every day.
It's very difficult for people to see ''long term vision'' behind bitcoin and believe that one day bitcoin will be strong as any other main currency in the world.
We urgently need ''big'' merchants to start accepting bitcoin right now, so that people start spending bitcoin instead of selling it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 08:53:14 AM

I keep looking up at the date of the OP and am baffled that the thread is from 2015, I was thinking it was 2014 or 2013 asking if anyone is using Bitcoin for every day purchases.

I get paid in Bitcoin and use it all the time.

If you buy something online there's no reason you should be pulling out a credit card if you have bitcoins.

Here are some useful day to day sites for spending bitcoins.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=943143.0

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:10:05 AM

there are already people making living even more then living with bitcoins there are alot of bitcoins related businesses like i am selling webhosting for bitcoins and making living

yes now I am just making a living in bitcoin, and rely on bitcoin Smiley

and the results are quite happy, rather than working factory Smiley

Wonka

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:07:27 AM

I keep looking up at the date of the OP and am baffled that the thread is from 2015, I was thinking it was 2014 or 2013 asking if anyone is using Bitcoin for every day purchases.

If you buy something online there's no reason you should be pulling out a credit card if you have bitcoins.

But I think the point is it's rare you can spend your bitcoins online on things you want, at least not directly. It's a bit of a hassle converting them to gift cards etc everytime, also add to the fact of bitcoins depreciating value is worrying.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1410

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 10:11:23 AM

But I think the point is it's rare you can spend your bitcoins online on things you want, at least not directly. It's a bit of a hassle converting them to gift cards etc everytime, also add to the fact of bitcoins depreciating value is worrying.

there is a lot of sites which accept bitcoin already
i think the main reason is that bitcoin blocks is slow thats why there are tons of shitcoins nowadays trying to take its place with 1 minute time block

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 10:12:24 AM

Getting 10-30% off of your purchase should motivate anyone to switch to spending bitcoins online even if they don't like Bitcoin. Most things I would want to buy are available on Amazon. Everything else online you can get a discount through brawker.com

A lot of people go to retailmenot to get a $5 coupon before purchasing something. Putting your order on a site like purse.io or brawker isn't much more difficult.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:18:12 AM

noah's ark for sinking faits ?
SargeR33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:21:07 AM

I've sold a number of items on eBay in the past. A few days ago I received my first bitcoin payment for an eBay sale(agreed upon by the seller). If eBay decides to incorporate BTC into their service as a valid payment method, I hope they do not abuse it.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 01:14:28 PM

I've sold a number of items on eBay in the past. A few days ago I received my first bitcoin payment for an eBay sale(agreed upon by the seller). If eBay decides to incorporate BTC into their service as a valid payment method, I hope they do not abuse it.

OpenBazaar will make that point moot.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: