Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:45:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Autotip - Decentralized Cryptocurrency Microtiping Platform  (Read 2408 times)
coinsentry (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:13:20 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2015, 03:39:53 PM by coinsentry

github: https://github.com/priestc/Autotip

chrome web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autotip/flffaocphcckgaklakkmccbfikneciib

Autotip is a system I created that is an alternate way to monetize content on the web.

Basically its a chrome browser extension that you install, load with BTC, and it will tip out small amounts to each participating page.

I'm just a single developer, Autotip is not a silicon valley play with millions of dollars in VC.

The extension uses shapeshift.io so you can recieve tips in BTC, LTC, DOGE, or any other supported currency.

Right now, Autotip is very young, so there are very few sites that support the protocol. I made a subreddit for posting links to sites that are supported: https://reddit.com/r/Autotip

The difference bwtween Autorip and other tipping services like Changetip is that Autotip is completely decentralized. There is no Autotip account you have to sign uo for. All money moving between tipper and tippee is done peer to peer. The only fee associated with an autotip is the fee to the bitcoin miners.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makevoid

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 04:53:09 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 05:04:21 AM by makevoid

awesome! It works really well!

Bitcoin is ideal for donations but very few developers are focusing on it! you are doing great!

I suggest to add an option to configure the time of auto tipping (for me 20 sec - 1min would be ideal)

also I think you should have a test page (or mention that autotip is enabled on its main page) to see if it works and maybe a notification -> tip sent to x (data-recipient) - maybe a toolbar button to access the options also for non-eperienced users? just sayin...

If I manage to find some time I hope to help with the development of it!

big up for the microtip meta tag! I think that with Bitcoin the web needs to have a w3c web standard for that!

edit: I think it's the time for someone to code a quick wordpress plugin to add the microtip meta tag to wp blogs and websites

also it would be great (for v2 or another project) to have the possibility when you favourite a source (tweet/youtube video/reddit post/etc) to try to find the btc address of that person by traversing its social network identity in search for an account that has its btc address (youtube/twitter/reddit >>> keybase/onename.io/etc) and use that to tip!

coinsentry (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:29:17 PM

Yeah a wordpress plugin would be nice. Autotip is best implemented by service providers like wordpress, tumblr, medium, etc. Wordpress has a pretty capable plugin system, so that might be a good starting place. I've never done a wordpress plugin before, so that might be a good place for someone else to jump in.

Custom autotip interval will be in the next version.

Currently it puts a little "a" icon at the end of the address bar. if you click that icon a popup emerges that contains as much info as I could cram in. In future versions the icon will change to indicate when a tip has been made and maybe some other states. I think part of the problem is that the icons really suck.
coinsentry (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 12:21:19 AM

Autotip 1.17 has been released

New features include:
  • Whitelist and blacklist support. Now you can explicitly declare which domains never get autotipped, or which domain to only get autotipped
  • Interval time is configurable. Before you could only set it to wait 5 minutes before autotipping, now you can set any amount of seconds.
  • Miner Fee is configurable - Before all transaction used 1 cent USD for the miner fee, now you can use any value, including 0.
  • other small fixes and improvements

If you installed Autotip from the chrome webstore, the new version will automatically be downloaded for you. If you have any problems with the new release, post here.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 04:47:52 AM

Nice project mate, and this is decentralized Cheesy
i hope you can implement to another social media like facebook, twitter, or ect.
good job Wink
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 05:54:12 PM

Wow. Awesome project. It would be great to see something like this standard get implemented.

coinsentry (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:34:46 PM

i hope you can implement to another social media like facebook, twitter, or ect.
good job Wink

Thanks, but I actually think social media is probably not the best application for Autotip. Sites like Tumblr, DeviantArt, and the like where people make creations is the best application.

Most tweets/status updates and things like that on social media are advertisements for things you create. We shouldn't try to monetize advertisements, but rather creation themselves. Changetip is more for social media. Autotip is not really meant for the same audience.
coinsentry (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:51:53 AM

Bump

http://autotip.io/giveaway/info

I'm starting this new thing called the autotip giveaway program. At the end of each week, I'm going to randomly give out bitcoin to people who tip content creators.

The first giveaway is brught to you by the good folks over at blocktrail.com, as their donaton makes up most of whats on the Autotip donation address.
busterroni

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:01:07 AM

Looks cool Cheesy I'll look into it, seems nice.
coinpr0n

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:53:04 AM

Bump

I'm starting this new thing called the autotip giveaway program. At the end of each week, I'm going to randomly give out bitcoin to people who tip content creators.

The first giveaway is brught to you by the good folks over at blocktrail.com, as their donaton makes up most of whats on the Autotip donation address.

Hey, this is a great incentive. I surprised I haven't heard of more people using this project (and the few amount of replies in this thread). The concept and implementation are pretty solid IMO. The other alternative I've seen is the ProTip browser extension which has been making publicity rounds lately (also looks good btw). Good luck!

RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:51:33 AM

Great job. Please update OP with http://autotip.io

coinsentry (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:25:36 PM

Bump

Hey, this is a great incentive. I surprised I haven't heard of more people using this project (and the few amount of replies in this thread). The concept and implementation are pretty solid IMO. The other alternative I've seen is the ProTip browser extension which has been making publicity rounds lately (also looks good btw). Good luck!

Autotip is the small budget indie version of ProTip. I'm just a single person building this, there is no company or VC funding involved. The only people who know about Autotip so far are those people who have clicked on this thread and/or the threads on reddit. Protip is actually using autotip's meta tag specification, so ProTip is cool in my book.
coinpr0n

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 07:13:49 PM

Bump

Autotip is the small budget indie version of ProTip. I'm just a single person building this, there is no company or VC funding involved. The only people who know about Autotip so far are those people who have clicked on this thread and/or the threads on reddit. Protip is actually using autotip's meta tag specification, so ProTip is cool in my book.

Oh, that's great. I haven't implemented yet on any site but what caught my attention was the specification. I loved the idea. Thanks again.

ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 07:32:13 PM

good job Wink

Thanks, but I actually think social media is probably not the best application for Autotip. Sites like Tumblr, DeviantArt, and the like where people make creations is the best application.

Most tweets/status updates and things like that on social media are advertisements for things you create. We shouldn't try to monetize advertisements, but rather creation themselves. Changetip is more for social media. Autotip is not really meant for the same audience.

Nice, i like it! you have own concept and different with changetip. I also used deviantart too. I hope your website will update soon. Good luck Smiley

~iki
emrebey

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:29:59 PM

cool implementation.

but you need a better frontend design  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: